You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50NL+ C4P + Priority

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
3 freakn timnes i've tried to write this thread and each time the stupid poker message thing has stopped me from posting, *****ing helll man sort it out sky. 

Anyway... C4P... lets discuss i'm going to run some numbers on my August & September HHs to caclulate rake paid and C4P earned to get a rough idea of RB%... if anyone playing 50nl+ wants to discuss hit me up in here or on pm... I'm purely just doing this to understand how competitive the sky program is compared to say other loyality based programms. 

HA... posted it without getting skyballed by the message thing this time. 

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Rakeback % will be different for each individual person, given that points are granted per 20 raked hands and its not affected by whether you enter the pot or not.

Pure example (figures will not be accurate)
    For example, a 30/25 (VPIP/PFR) type player may of raked £3k over 10000 hands, will get the same bonus amount as a 12/10 type player if they played the same 10000 hands and the latter could of raked as little as £1k.
  • edited November 2012
    yeh thats kinda why i'm interested in discussing with a few players, tbh i'm never going to mass tables as i works 6am-6pm and I just dont have the superhuman mindset needed to come home and then mass table after days like the ones i work. 

However if it is competive enough i spose i might change up my attitude.... from playing 3-6 good tables and start banging out some volume rake... 

also can anyone confirm if its capped at £1.80 based on showdown players? I'm sure it must be. 

• edited November 2012
    I think your best bet would be to try and work out some sort of average rake paid per 100 hands and use that as a figure to base your % off.

I believe £1.80 is right for 3 or mroe players and but think its £1.20 for HU.
  • edited November 2012
    yeh i'm just calculating it based on my pots won over last 2 months sample... so should have a rough idea.  

Sod doing it for every pot, and then obv no flop no drop is a problem but i'll just have to kinda guess on that front. 

its not too difficult to split HU pots to 3+ pots when all in its just the smaller ones that would rakje more than £1 with 3 players in that are going to be impossible to calculate or guessitmate
  • edited November 2012
    id be interested in terms of disscussion but doubt id be bothered to give u or keep much data .. lol
    i need my HUD back .. roll on 7th nov .. dont think sky are competetive enough even for priorty members, changed HU location has defo given less action too
  • edited November 2012
     probably 20-30%
  • edited November 2012
    essentially the way it works compared to other sites is thus.

other sites even the awful ones share rake fairly.

on sky we just punt it off to the tighest players we can find.

so don't play pots, don't pay rake, don't give action, don't enjoy the game just keep folding preflop then line up to collect your RB at the end of the month with the other detritus. 

if you play lots and lots and lots you can get 30+ in reality the less you fold the less you get so for lower volume players the rb figure will be closer to 10-15%.
  • edited November 2012
    id be interested in terms of disscussion but doubt id be bothered to give u or keep much data .. lol i need my HUD back .. roll on 7th nov .. dont think sky are competetive enough even for priorty members, changed HU location has defo given less action too
    Lol i'm not after any data.. I've enough of my own that Keeps making Excel fall over - looks pretty tho!!!! 

RE 7th, shame I wont get my RB from there either, cant wait for rush again!!! Zoom just doesnt feel the same!!!  To be fair to Sky I dont think there ever are going to compete with the likes of SNE or SN or possibly  lower but for me I guess its at what X point of hands in a 30day period things start hitting a sweet spot and is it worth doing... so the likes of the 100nl+ grinders are prob hitting this spot maybe 1/3 into the month??? Whereas I would prob hit on the 29th if i did mass table due to lack of free time. 

I dunno but I do wonder!!! 

essentially the way it works compared to other sites is thus. other sites even the awful ones share rake fairly. on sky we just punt it off to the tighest players we can find. 

if you play lots and lots and lots you can get 30+ in reality the less you fold the less you get so for lower volume players the rb figure will be closer to 10-15%.

So your saying the rake paid is on a dealer basis not contributed? Like the old Tilt method before it got changed to contributed? I think 10-15% sounds about right... I look at a 25K sample of pots won and it worked out roghly the same... at what points level do you think we start hitting like />20%???? 

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: 50NL+ C4P + Priority:
    Lol i'm not after any data.. I've enough of my own that Keeps making Excel fall over - looks pretty tho!!!!  RE 7th, shame I wont get my RB from there either, cant wait for rush again!!! Zoom just doesnt feel the same!!!  To be fair to Sky I dont think there ever are going to compete with the likes of SNE or SN or possibly  lower but for me I guess its at what X point of hands in a 30day period things start hitting a sweet spot and is it worth doing... so the likes of the 100nl+ grinders are prob hitting this spot maybe 1/3 into the month??? Whereas I would prob hit on the 29th if i did mass table due to lack of free time.  I dunno but I do wonder!!!  So your saying the rake paid is on a dealer basis not contributed? Like the old Tilt method before it got changed to contributed? I think 10-15% sounds about right... I look at a 25K sample of pots won and it worked out roghly the same... at what points level do you think we start hitting like />20%???? 
    Posted by TPTP123
    Yeah, just look on the C4P page and it explains how points are distributed.

It's X number of points per 20 raked hands (a hand that sees a flop)

So at 100NL if you play X amount of hands and play for stacks every single hand and end up having paid £50 in rake, but there's a guy on the table sat there for the same amount of time as you who has open folded every single hand, he earns exactly the same amount of poker points as you except he's paid zero rake and you've paid £50 (or whatever).

EDIT: So as Beaneh said.... nit grinders get more RB as a % because they play less pots and pay less rake, where as the people who are involved in more action, get the same RB but pay more rake.
  • edited November 2012
    yeh it's a great system no reason what so ever to change it.........................

[ ]