You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SnG DYM 6 Seated

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic

just want to know tactics people use and find works best?

I fyou double up early do then just play premiums,only play tight aggro, bully, sit out???

Comments

• edited November 2012

Don't try to double up early. Just play premiums from the very start. First couple of levels, you shouldn't be entering a pot in the first 2 levels unless you have JJ+ or AK and you should only really be 3betting people with AA/KK

The thing about DYMs is you need to win at least 55% of games to make a profit because of the rake, and so if you take flips like TT v AJ, you're only gonna win that hand around 55% of the time, and some of the time you win, you still won't cash because you lose hands later, get unlucky etc etc. So flipping early in DYMs is bad, you wanna be getting it in if you're very likely to be crushing or not at all early. 

• edited November 2012
    It makes me laugth when people mention sitting out as a stratagy
  • edited November 2012
    Where in that post did I say try to double up early?

I said IF, hence i had doubled up early and werent sure how to play it once!
  • edited November 2012
    So someone offers good advice and you basically just throw it back in his face without even a hint of thanks. 

Yeah just sit out. 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to SnG DYM 6 Seated:
    just want to know tactics people use and find works best? I fyou double up early do then just play premiums,only play tight aggro, bully, sit out???
    Posted by mrdavies
    As with a lot of DYM questions and sit n gos in general an icm calculator can answer or at least gives you easy clues at what the best strategy is:

starting equity all things being equal = 16.66% ( pritty easy this one 100/6 or 1/6 of prize fund)

doubled up equity you have 4000 chips others have 2000 chips 5 players left = 26.66%

trebled up you have 6000 chips others 3 have 2000 chips = 31.66%

maximum possible equity is 33.33%

so first 2000 chips gives you 10% extra equity (you will notice we start with 16.66% equity) second 2000 chips gives you only 5% extra equity

we can take away two important things from these numbers:
    1. taking flips is bad
    2. each extra chip won is worth less than the chips in your stack.

so to answer your question in whats the best strategy when you double up early? playing tight and not risking your chips unless you have a big edge is probably best.