You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS 6 Update Thread

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat

Well we have now had 15 Events in this UKOPS renewal, & we are 15 for 15 in meeting the Guarantees, some of which were optimistic & challenging to say the least.

The longer that run continues, of course, the more likely it is that one or more will miss. We shall see.

So, today, we have £22,500 of Guarantees, but tonight & this weekend will be a challenge, what with all the Bonfire Parties & stuff. It's remarkable how things like that can affect numbers.

So, what's the recipe today, Jimmy?

Comments

• edited November 2012

UKOPS 6 MAIN (SPEED REBUY) Factoids

Start Time - 20.00 (8pm)

Guarantee - £15,000

Entry Fee - £55

Format - NLH Speed Rebuy, unlimited rebuys, ONE x 8,000 chip optional Add-On. 

Late Reg - Until end of Level 7

Starting stack - 2,000 chips

• edited November 2012

UKOPS 6 MINI (TURBO REBUY) Factoids

Start Time - 20.15 (8.15pm)

Guarantee - £2,500

Entry Fee - £5.50

Format - NLH Turbo Rebuy, unlimited rebuys, ONE x 8,000 chip optional Add-On. 

Late Reg - Until end of Level 8

Starting stack - 2,000 chips

• edited November 2012

UKOPS 6 SIDEY (ROLLER) Factoids

Start Time - 21.00 (9pm)

Guarantee - £5,000

Entry Fee - £110

Format - NLH Freezeout, Roller Structure 

Late Reg - 90 minutes

Starting stack - 5,000 chips

• edited November 2012

NB - UKOPS Rebuys & Add-Ons are NOT raked.
  • edited November 2012

3pm - Entries so far come to around £1,900.

There is not a single entry to the SIDEY yet!

• edited November 2012

6pm Update

MAIN - 48 entries

MINI - 38 entries

SIDEY - 4 entries

That comes to around £3,000. Long way to go yet.

Don't forget, there are still plenty of Satellites, including "Late Reg" jobbies.

Turbo Speed night, it will be FAST, & FUN. 

• edited November 2012

7.30pm Update

MAIN - 84 entries

MINI - 73 entries

SIDEY - 10 entries

That comes to around £5,565.

Overlay alert? Fill yer boots.

Tonight could be the night......

• edited November 2012

I gotta say I think there should be less rebuy tourneys in the next ukops.

A lot of players get a seat in the main events through the satelittes and many of these are not in a position to be able to rebuy or take the addon.....myself included, i have just sat in via an all in sat but wont be rebuying or taking the addon.

Could this be putting smaller stakes players off from even trying the sats for these rebuys????

I don't know, just a thought.

• edited November 2012

8.30pm Update.

MAIN, Entries + Rebuys so far = £10,450

MINI, Entries + Rebuys so far = £1,975

SIDEY Entries so far = £3,300

That's just south of £16,000.

Late Reg still applies to MAIN & MINI, ditto Rebuys & single Add-On.

Still a bunch of All-In Sats available for the Sidey, just £3 a throw, roll up, roll up.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS 6 Update Thread:
    I gotta say I think there should be less rebuy tourneys in the next ukops. A lot of players get a seat in the main events through the satelittes and many of these are not in a position to be able to rebuy or take the addon.....myself included, i have just sat in via an all in sat but wont be rebuying or taking the addon. Could this be putting smaller stakes players off from even trying the sats for these rebuys???? I don't know, just a thought.
    Posted by waller02
    Good feedback waller, thanks, I'll send it upstairs.

There are more UKOPS Fessies in planning right now, & the basket of Tourneys/format has not been agreed yet. This one has gone very well so far (compared to the comparable one last year), but the "balance" always needs to be monitored, reviewed, fiffed & faffed with. Doubt the balance will ever be perfect, just have to keep working at it, & good feedback always helps.

Good luck tonight.   

• edited November 2012
    Having said that....the UKOPS series has been brilliant thus far. It highlights the fact that sky is the best site around.

I wasnt lucky enough to qualify for the BIGGY last night but was glued to 861 and routing for the guys who had sat into a £530 mtt for £2.90.......how much more value can you ask for!
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Tikay may as well add my own opinion on wallers :)

I suppose it must be a tough one for you guys upstairs in balancing and also getting tournaments that are going to hit the substantial guarantee and I also assume that rebuys are one way of you to do that. But I do agree with waller there have been too many for my liking. Im yet to think of a way where you can have a £55 BI and get the 15K gtee, perhaps a 55£ BH would work, in fact im 95% sure this would work. You could even go as far as doing a turbo one and a deeper one as 2 mains wqithout rebuys. Fantastic week of tourneys though you and sky have to be congratulated. I also enjoyed the "late" semi idea for the high roller. Fairly sure this would owrk for other tournies too. Keep up the good work. Dave.
  • edited November 2012

Top feedback, thanks.

10pm Update.

MAIN - 190 entries + 85 rebuys + 65 Add-Ons - £17,000 (£15,000 G'Tee)

MINI - 375 entries + 313 rebuys + 180 Add-Ons = £4,340 (£2,500 G'Tee)

SIDEY - 65 Entries = £6.500 (Late Reg still open) = £6,500 to date (£5,000 G'tee)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS 6 Update Thread:
    I gotta say I think there should be less rebuy tourneys in the next ukops. A lot of players get a seat in the main events through the satelittes and many of these are not in a position to be able to rebuy or take the addon.....myself included, i have just sat in via an all in sat but wont be rebuying or taking the addon. Could this be putting smaller stakes players off from even trying the sats for these rebuys???? I don't know, just a thought.
    Posted by waller02
    +1

Although I have just played tonights £55 rebuy after winning a free seat into a sat and then qualifying.
    This tourny is way out of my BR normally.
    Couldn't afford to rebuy or add on like most, but still had a great time and finished 32nd (not too far from the money) 
    2.5 hours of free entertainment, dreaming of cashing.
    Thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't show myself up too often.
    50 free points too.

• edited November 2012

Another great UKOPS night, & congrats to the three winners, david666 (MAIN, £3,825), ctbn (MINI, £955) & smith1408 (SIDEY, £2,485).

The MINI top three were all Forum regulars, ctbn, goodylad & kidwiz.

Serial UKOPS cashers barrie26 & offshoot both added to their UKOPS haul, & it was grand to see RUNFLAMNG (Rachel) get in the money, she's 100% a star of the future.

All three Guarantees were comfortably exceeded, so that's 18 from 18 now.

Full results of UKOPS 6 can be found in GaryQQQ's thread, HERE
  • edited November 2012

What? No RUNITSRANN?