You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£5 DYM lasts only 4 minutes/6 hands, has anybody ever seen faster?

At 2-00am I fired up a £5.50 DYM so I could have a game running on the side while I posted the tournament results.

In the very first hand a maniac made a massive 3-bet with JQo, then went broke against pocket JJ on a 662 flop.

Apart from me everybody at the table was in the mood for action, after another 4 big pots my pocket AA held up to bust another two players in a 3-way cooler.

Has anybody ever seen a faster game at this buy-in? Crazy stuff.
hodrat Small blind  10.00 10.00 2315.00
N Big blind  20.00 30.00 1025.00
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

T Raise  100.00 130.00 1655.00
GaryL33 Fold     
GaryQQQ Raise  295.00 425.00 1675.00
hodrat Fold     
N All-in  1025.00 1450.00 0.00
TCall  945.00 2395.00 710.00
GaryQQQ All-in  1675.00 4070.00 0.00
T All-in  710.00 4780.00 0.00
GaryQQQ Unmatched bet  215.00 4565.00 215.00
N Show
  • K
  • K

TShow
  • A
  • Q

GaryQQQ Show
  • A
  • A

Flop

Turn

• J

River

GaryQQQ Win Flush to the Ace 4565.00  4780.00

Comments

• edited November 2012
    i love dyms like this sit bk n cash ezzy monies :)
  • edited November 2012
        Came close Gary a few weeks ago in a lower stake dym ,took 2 out 1st hand with trip 3s .Very next hand were raised with me holding 78 spades and seeing i had 6000 chips i gave it a go , the flop came K87 ! Person called all in and showed AK ,but the blighter hit a K on the river :(  if he/she did not hit it the game would have been all over in the 1st two hands! While im here can someone explain to me why some people in the bubble situation in a dym will mix it up with each other when they are both holding say 4000 chips when someone else on table is holding 360 chips !!!!!  Wished i had a £ for the times ive seen it happen.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM lasts only 4 minutes/6 hands, has anybody ever seen faster?:
        Came close Gary a few weeks ago in a lower stake dym ,took 2 out 1st hand with trip 3s .Very next hand were raised with me holding 78 spades and seeing i had 6000 chips i gave it a go , the flop came K87 ! Person called all in and showed AK ,but the blighter hit a K on the river :(  if he/she did not hit it the game would have been all over in the 1st two hands! While im here can someone explain to me why some people in the bubble situation in a dym will mix it up with each other when they are both holding say 4000 chips when someone else on table is holding 360 chips !!!!!  Wished i had a £ for the times ive seen it happen.
    Posted by booboo5205
    If you play @ the £1 level, you will have! ;)

Must be a dream scenario for you as the 'third stack'.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM lasts only 4 minutes/6 hands, has anybody ever seen faster?:
    Posted by booboo5205
    Seen this quite a lot too.

Only explanation i can come up with is :

EGO's !!
  • edited November 2012
    i love dyms like this sit bk n cash ezzy monies :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
     Thanks idcu you just talked one up for me ! 1st game they done all the work while i sat back and admired it ! Still left with 1900 chips when it were all over ! :)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM lasts only 4 minutes/6 hands, has anybody ever seen faster? : If you play @ the £1 level, you will have! ;) Must be a dream scenario for you as the 'third stack'.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
       Standard reply ,would not expect anything different.I would rather stick to the way i were brought up where if you have got nothing nice to say to someone, do not say anything.

Thanks
  • edited November 2012
    . . . . Only explanation i can come up with is : EGO 's !!
    Posted by VespaPX
    I agree completely - that combined with a breathtaking degree of stupidity?

I read a piece from an American player once that ran along the lines that the first rule of poker is nothing to do with the game; it's to deposit your ego with your bags in the cloakroom before entering the card rooms, and pick it up again on your way out . . .  there must be an equivalent for playing online?
  • edited November 2012

hmmmm, maybe you mis-understood what I was saying.

If you played the £1 level, you would literally have £1 for every time 2 big stacks went crazy against eachother, as you wished for, because you would win every game. 

'Humour' fail, sorry. 

Nevermind. 
  • edited November 2012
    hmmmm, maybe you mis-understood what I was saying. If you played the £1 level, you would literally have £1 for every time 2 big stacks went crazy against eachother, as you wished for, because you would win every game.  'Humour' fail.  Nevermind. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I got it fella!!  rofl lolz wp gg .

Consider yourself `told off `!!! Nawty innit.
  • edited November 2012
    Not seen this half as much as when they first came out on Sky - shame