You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

End of the Caption Contest?

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

We've come to the realisation that the 'Caption Contest' in our blogs section of the forum might be becomming a bit stale...

Therefore we are asking you guys to come up with a new weekly competition we can use in it's place.

Enter your competition on this post and we will judge it at the end of the week. The best entry will receive a FREE seat in next Sunday's Primo Final (11th November.)

Thanks! 

Comments

• edited November 2012
    How about you suggest a caption and we find a picture to fit???
  • edited November 2012
    "(Don't) Call My Bluff"

Post your one most outrageous (winning) river bluff of the week
  • edited November 2012
    Spot the Ball

You cunningly hide a reference to the legend that is Johnny Ball somewhere in the forum, first person to find it wins the prize, simples!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: End of the Caption Contest?:
    Spot the Ball You cunningly hide a reference to the legend that is Johnny Ball somewhere in the forum, first person to find it wins the prize, simples!
    Posted by Slykllist
    lolz
  • edited November 2012
    "Blankety Blank"

You provide a poker-related statement (with comedic, double entendre answers in mind) but with a missing word or words.

We provide a missing word or words - the funnier the better.
  • edited November 2012

there's a Caption Contest?  no way.

• edited November 2012
    Surely the caption contest would get more response if it was posted in gpc, rather than the blogs section??
  • edited November 2012

Complete the sentence competition.

EG....A poker player and a priest walks into a bar.....
    (complete using X amount of words)

Best one as judged by a Sky Poker Panel wins.
  • edited November 2012
    Surely the caption contest would get more response if it was posted in gpc, rather than the blogs section??
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Massive +1

I didn't even know it was still running til this thread appeared lol.

• edited November 2012
    How about who can win the biggest pot of the week with 72o and the hand is changed each week.
  • edited November 2012
    I assume (rightly so) Sky want something with as little admin as possible, so checking the biggest pot of the week with 72o etc is probably too hard (it's also nigh on impossible for a 4NL player to win it).

I think it should just be something simple like...

people post up a quote from a poker player of their choice, and Sky will choose the one they think is the best/funniest/most inspirational/most helpful, or just whatever they like.

There are literally thousands and thousands of poker quotes so should easily be able to keep with these theme for a good few months.
  • edited November 2012
    I assume (rightly so) Sky want something with as little admin as possible, so checking the biggest pot of the week with 72o etc is probably too hard (it's also nigh on impossible for a 4NL player to win it).
    Posted by Lambert180
    If the only way to win was by posting in the relevant thread, then there'd only be a need to check one or two hands.  (The alleged winner, and the alleged runner up in case there was a problem with the winner).

Like you say, it couldnt just be based on cash amount though.  It would have to be the number of big blinds won.

This could be a good promo for Sky to run, as it could increase the rake amount a lot by getting people to play junk hands all week, so some sort of prize should go to profman for the suggestion.

But I dont think it would be a replacement for the caption competition, as I assume they're just looking for something that they can use to encourage participation in the TV show rather than game play.

• edited November 2012
    "Hidden Hands"  Based on the covered hands in the TV show where a hand/hands are hidden and the community has to guess the hand/s covered.   Probably possibly show the hand history & betting?  The aliases would have to be covered as well or players in the hand not eligible to enter.  
    IMO the caption contest is too footie/rugby oriented and possibly doesn't suit everyone. Not a gripe BTW just an observation.
  • edited November 2012
    Sky's the Limit

Start a forum thread with a predefined maximum number of replies (limit..... see what I did there) get people to post nonsense on a certain topic, random facts, jokes, interesting insights etc....

Whoever makes the final post ie. the limit of the thread, wins the prize.
  • edited November 2012

post the caption contest here. lol

• edited November 2012

How about " Guess the Pot Size" you could pick a table from Cash or Tourney & we would have to guess the Total Pot Amount that the Player Wins.
  • edited November 2012
    How many times will the presenters say the word "POKER" in the first half hour of a live broadcast?
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks to all those that entered and suggested competitions - some good ideas put forward.

We have picked the winner and it is...

DUNMIDOSH

with..

'As the comp starts on a friday. What about guessing the number of entries in the 12k Bounty Hunter and The Heads taken for a tie break the number of entries in the mini could be used'

A simple idea, but a good idea that we may use in the future but tweak slightly!

Congrats to DUNMIDOSH who wins entry into this Sunday's Primo.

We are also going to give donkeyplop a consolation prize for suggesting we put the caaption contest in general chat, because that's exactly what we're going to do!

So donkeyplop wins entry into tonight's 8.30pm £1,000 Bounty Hunter.

Again, thanks to all those that entered, and look out for the caption contest in general chat plus some new competitions coming your way soon!

• edited November 2012
    Can't believe you've overlooked the genius of my Spot the Ball idea, rigged I tells ya!
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks to all those that entered and suggested competitions - some good ideas put forward. We have picked the winner and it is... DUNMIDOSH with.. 'As the comp starts on a friday. What about guessing the number of entries in the 12k Bounty Hunter and The Heads taken for a tie break the number of entries in the mini could be used' A simple idea, but a good idea that we may use in the future but tweak slightly! Congrats to DUNMIDOSH who wins entry into this Sunday's Primo. We are also going to give donkeyplop a consolation prize for suggesting we put the caaption contest in general chat, because that's exactly what we're going to do! So donkeyplop wins entry into tonight's 8.30pm £1,000 Bounty Hunter. Again, thanks to all those that entered, and look out for the caption contest in general chat plus some new competitions coming your way soon!
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    so guessing a number in the 400's which is basically what this amount to is what you think should now be the competition how mind numbingly boring is that? i for one will not be entering and i cant see a lot more being bothered also

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: End of the Caption Contest? : so guessing a number in the 400's which is basically what this amount to is what you think should now be the competition how mind numbingly boring is that? i for one will not be entering and i cant see a lot more being bothered also
    Posted by Herbie536
    I'm sorry you feel that way Herbie.
    All I did was put in a suggestion that gave everyone an equal chance of winning a seat into a major tournament.
    It will be sad to lose the caption comp! Many times your comments have made me laugh out loud!
    But I'm sure there will be competitions in the future more suited to waxing lyrical!
    The forum is evolving every day! Give it time! Rome wasn't built in a day!

Thank you Sky for the wonderful prize! and once again I'm sorry my suggestion upset you Herbie!