You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was this wrong?

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Not a fan of leading this flop in a limped pot.  You're getting called so much as not only are pairs calling/shoving on us there are a ton of draws which will either flat or shove on us, you're out of position to two people, we're playing less than 15BB effective with the bigger of the two stacks which is going to increase the probability of getting jammed on, we're not representing anything of great strength and our outs are dirtier than a text from Vernon Kay.

The turn is a complete brick so if we think they have a draw or a weak showdown hand, and you think they will fold these hands, open ship.  I'm not sure we have a great deal of FE against made hands and the turn hasn't changed the board at all.

Still, I like aggression as a general rule, you just need to focus it a little IMO and know when to sit on your hands (a lesson we are all continually learning).  But don't listen to stuff in the chatbox, it's not exactly the best place for frank and constructive hand analysis.

Comments

• edited November 2012

I think this was fairly standard, but maybe my standards are warped.

I'm only askin' coz the guy who lost spent the next 5 mins of his life telling me how badly I had played the hand.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Padzz77 Small blind  300.00 300.00 31396.25
    XBig blind  600.00 900.00 6855.00
     Your hole cards
    • J

aotis Fold     
    myrrdhin Fold     
    giggz Fold     
    icairns Call  600.00 1500.00 8440.00
    Padzz77 Call  300.00 1800.00 31096.25
    XCheck     
    Flop

• K

Padzz77 Bet  900.00 2700.00 30196.25
    XCall  900.00 3600.00 5955.00
    icairns Fold     
    Turn

Padzz77 Bet  2400.00 6000.00 27796.25
    XRaise  4800.00 10800.00 1155.00
    Padzz77 All-in  27796.25 38596.25 0.00
    All-in  1155.00 39751.25 0.00
    Padzz77 Unmatched bet  24241.25 15510.00 24241.25
    Padzz77 Show
    • J

Show
    • K

River

• Q

Padzz77 Win Straight to the King 15510.00  39751.25
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Was this wrong?:
    Not a fan of leading this flop in a limped pot.  You're getting called so much as not only are pairs calling/shoving on us there are a ton of draws which will either flat or shove on us, you're out of position to two people, we're playing less than 15BB effective with the bigger of the two stacks which is going to increase the probability of getting jammed on, we're not representing anything of great strength and our outs are dirtier than a text from Vernon Kay. The turn is a complete brick so if we think they have a draw or a weak showdown hand, and you think they will fold these hands, open ship.  I'm not sure we have a great deal of FE against made hands and the turn hasn't changed the board at all. Still, I like aggression as a general rule, you just need to focus it a little IMO and know when to sit on your hands (a lesson we are all continually learning).  But don't listen to stuff in the chatbox, it's not exactly the best place for frank and constructive hand analysis.
    Posted by TommyD
    Thanks for that viewpoint.

Yeah, I do think that by betting flop I risked him slow playing a "normal" King hand.  But I would have folded to any re-raise, and was intending to barrel again to represent the King if he simply called.  In my mind (perhaps wrongly) I expected him to shove the flop with a King, and I thought he might fold hands better than mine on the turn.  But then I wasnt expecting him to have K2.

I wasnt happy when he re-raised turn, but by then there was no point in my folding.  (Not that oppo saw it that way.  His suggestion was that I must work for Sky, because I wouldnt have called if I didnt already know the river!).
  • edited November 2012
    Fold or raise pre

Check flop

Fold turn