You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£11 bounty hunter

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
sparkielev Small blind  600.00 600.00 43835.00
robbie1992 Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 26520.00
 Your hole cards

TheTrick04 Fold     
whostheman Fold     
STARLING Fold     
u_owe_me All-in  11856.47 13656.47 0.00
sparkielev Call  11256.47 24912.94 32578.53
robbie1992 All-in  26520.00 51432.94 0.00
sparkielev Fold     
robbie1992 Unmatched bet  15863.53 35569.41 15863.53
robbie1992 Show

u_owe_me Show
  • K

Flop

• A
  • K

Turn

River

u_owe_me Win Two Pairs, Kings and 10s 35569.41  35569.41
This was from last night idont think theres was too many left i was i think about 6/21 at the tym and this opponent had shoved several times, so i felt my pair was in front , the fact the opponent just flats means that i thought id add the pressure on him....he later told me he folded jacks which im not sure if he did.  But with the pot at stake, the bounty and the fact i would of gone 2nd surely this is a good move in tournament format?

I ended up recovering and winning this tournament but i got stick from opponent ove this hand, but i think it was a goood move???

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I think you can find better spots.  You're only playing 22BB and you're risking everything in a spot where you're either slightly ahead or miles behind.  Had the other player not flatted I'd still be wary of just going up against the shover, as soon as the other guy flats I'm getting out of the way.  Our equity in this pot is just not good enough IMO and I'm surprised that the flatter has called off one third of their stack to fold.

TBH I also think Jacks should either be rejamming or folding, the former option probably being the way I'd go given the reads you have given.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £11 bounty hunter:
    I think you can find better spots.  You're only playing 22BB and you're risking everything in a spot where you're either slightly ahead or miles behind.  Had the other player not flatted I'd still be wary of just going up against the shover, as soon as the other guy flats I'm getting out of the way.  Our equity in this pot is just not good enough IMO and I'm surprised that the flatter has called off one third of their stack to fold. TBH I also think Jacks should either be rejamming or folding, the former option probably being the way I'd go given the reads you have given.
    Posted by TommyD
    Yeah looking back i agree theres better spots but i wanted to get a big stack and the guys bounty was at risk, if the guy who flats shoves im folding quikcer then anyhing but with his bouty the fact the flatter hasnt shoved i felt meant he didnt fancy his hand, so i thought this is an opportunity that somtimes you have too take in tourneys. If i applied pressure on the flat caller and thought i could get him to fold, just thought it was a close call.....but overall your folding here? i still believe its close
  • edited November 2012
    I think it's a fold, if anything I'd be more worried that a guy would flat call so much (even if it is a BH) with people to act behind, it's pretty awful that he flatted the first shove with a hand not strong enough to call your shove.

I think generally you're not gonna have much FE against the flat caller with your stack and so you're always gonna be up against 3-4 overs or bigger PPs
  • edited November 2012
    Hi m8
    Not looking at others but with an open field stack size -wise from sb and bb i can't help feeling that you were lucky ith this one. It ain't a call to my mind for csi =7 Eeven if sb folds as he has a a round to find a place so should have pp and its taking an good amount of your stack. You will be behind.
    When the call comes then how do you know he isn't trying to get you in? I would have folded pre myself but im a chicken in these unless i have a good hand or at least an A. You put a brave all-in bet out there but wasn't his bet a worry for you? It would have been for me, certainly. Tbh i'm surprised jj folded if he'd decided to enter pot.
  • edited November 2012
    vs 2 opponents snap fold
  • edited November 2012
    Fold pre, , bigger stack won't fold enough
  • edited November 2012
    one of the easiest folds...