You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Too aggressive?

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I cant post the hand, it comes out all weird for some reason ... but am i being to agressive and over rating the following hand ...

10/20p blinds ... 60p to play, i have QK ... theres 2 others in the game (180 pot)... flop - K 10 3 ... my betting goes ... 1.20 ... 1 fold 1 calls ... turn = 5 ... i bet 180 and get called ... river 9 ... i again bet 180 ... total amount ive put in is of course is 5.40 (out of my 20quid i have at the table) ... i lose to aces ... unlucky ... but is my betting wrong? should i have been lower so he could of raised me and i could of found the fold? ... also am i putting too much money in as people WILL and DO pay to try hit there straights and flushes and it happens repeatedly in poker on here so im abit confused if i should stop gettin mmy money in for 1 pair .... any advice would be great :D thanks

Comments

• edited November 2012
    All seems ok to me. you'll get called down by weaker kings enough times to make your 3 barrels worthwhile over the long run.....at least he never reraised the river to put you in a difficult spot. UL.
  • edited November 2012
    Your bet sizing seems too small to me. £1.20 into £1.80 otf, £1.80 into £4.20 ott, and £1.80 into £7.80 on the river. If you think that the villian may have a weaker king or a draw then you can bet much bigger. If you bet 2/3 pot on the flop, why bet progressivly less as you get deeper into the hand?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Too aggressive?:
    Your bet sizing seems too small to me. £1.20 into £1.80 otf, £1.80 into £4.20 ott, and £1.80 into £7.80 on the river. If you think that the villian may have a weaker king or a draw then you can bet much bigger. If you bet 2/3 pot on the flop, why bet progressivly less as you get deeper into the hand?
    Posted by jugglegeek
    i agree with you sort of but, is it really the correct way to put alot of my stack in 1 hand on 1 pair? surely any 1 calling anything higher is either winning or got alot of cards they can hit on the turn or river that will ruin my hand? ... this is where im confused on if i should bet higher or not ... as i said in the hand before, its a good job i didnt other wise i would of lost more than a fiver
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Too aggressive?:
    I cant post the hand, it comes out all weird for some reason ... but am i being to agressive and over rating the following hand ... 10/20p blinds ... 60p to play, i have QK ... theres 2 others in the game (180 pot)... flop - K 10 3 ... my betting goes ... 1.20 ... 1 fold 1 calls ... turn = 5 ... i bet 180 and get called ... river 9 ... i again bet 180 ... total amount ive put in is of course is 5.40 (out of my 20quid i have at the table) ... i lose to aces ... unlucky ... but is my betting wrong? should i have been lower so he could of raised me and i could of found the fold? ... also am i putting too much money in as people WILL and DO pay to try hit there straights and flushes and it happens repeatedly in poker on here so im abit confused if i should stop gettin mmy money in for 1 pair .... any advice would be great :D thanks
    Posted by IMikeyBoyI

any other advice from anyone? was kinda hoping for a better feedback :D
  • edited November 2012
    You say about straights/flush draws calling but you haven't said about suits. For example was there a flush draw on the flop? QJ is a potential hand that would call (up and down draw) but by the river it has got there yet you keep betting (albeit very small). Without knowing about flush draws what hands are we expecting to get called by that we are beating? Based on this I would say check calling on the river is better than betting. Especially as with your betting size are you folding to a re raise which is a real possibility as your sizing looks very weak (IMO). I think KJ is the only hand that by the river would call that we beat although you haven't said anything about your opponents which again makes it hard to analyse as it may be that the opponent has called down very light (eg 2nd pair or worse)