You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL50

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Just messing about with NL50

pre too loose ?

what ya think of the rest

no reads on oppo
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
AKBLUF Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £34.06
rancid Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £57.49
  Your hole cards

badger94 Fold        
SJspanky1 Fold        
Corc22 Fold        
x btn
Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £48.25
AKBLUF Call   £1.25 £3.50 £32.81
rancid Call   £1.00 £4.50 £56.49
Flop

• Q

AKBLUF Check        
rancid Check        
x btn Bet   £3.38 £7.88 £44.87
AKBLUF Fold        
rancid Call   £3.38 £11.26 £53.11
Turn

rancid Check        
x btn Bet   £7.50 £18.76 £37.37
rancid Call   £7.50 £26.26 £45.61
River

• K

rancid Check        
x btn Bet   £20.00 £46.26 £17.37
rancid Call   £20.00 £66.26 £25.61

Comments

• edited November 2012
    you are only beating a bluff i think its a fold he possibly got queens full or kings full
  • edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    yeah about the only hand u can beat u called i take it your right but i wouldnt make this call 
  • edited November 2012

3 bet pre to take control of the hand when you flat pre here out of the bb your only playing fit or fold poker whereas we can rep all sorts of hands on the flop if we had 3 bet.  As played im calling the river against a reg and raising for value against a random.

• edited November 2012

it depends who the villain is but against most NL50 regs there isnt a lot of value from playing this hand oop.

folding the river looks optimal imo but if i dont know who the villain is i'd be tempted to call and just make a note after the hand but i dont think we will be winning too often.  villain has bet 20 out of his 37 stack...in my experience this is much more likely to be for value rather than a bluff.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: NL50:
    3 bet pre to take control of the hand when you flat pre here out of the bb your only playing fit or fold poker whereas we can rep all sorts of hands on the flop if we had 3 bet.  As played im calling the river against a reg and raising for value against a random.
    Posted by bearlyther

Yeah thought about 3 betting pre being better
    But 108s is all about the flop - far too pretty to not see a flop and oop makes it harder to 3 bet/continue doesn't it

Intresting what you say about river, but only hand I think would v/b this much is KQ hence why I call on the end
    Suppose you can say randoms will stack off w/KQ in this spot
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: NL50:
    it depends who the villain is but against most NL50 regs there isnt a lot of value from playing this hand oop. folding the river looks optimal imo but if i dont know who the villain is i'd be tempted to call and just make a note after the hand but i dont think we will be winning too often.  villain has bet 20 out of his 37 stack...in my experience this is much more likely to be for value rather than a bluff.
    Posted by huuuuume
    Yeah thats what I thought after the hand, bit of a loose flick the call in pre
    Leads me down a dark path )

well the call on the end, I don't actually like it looking back - but being readless etc... kinda makes me just make this call - given the fact it's versus btn, does it make it more of a call or less :s
    Like I said earlier I am only beating bluff/KQ - easy fold on river me thinks now
  • edited November 2012
    fold flop imo.

3b or fold prezies

edit: calling pre is fine if sb is a fish - cos he might be with his weird stack.
  • edited November 2012
    Fold>3b>>>flat pre readless imo

What's your plan on flop?  Prob fold imo.

River meh prob fold, but it's close imo
  • edited November 2012
    Really?  Cash poker is such a horrible game.