You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS 8 Update Thread

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat

Good morning.

In London this morning it is absolutely throwing it down with rain, there is thunder & lightning, the Thames is high, & the roads are flooded, so if you plan to have a bonfire party tonight, you may have to think again.

Still, if it is too wet to venture outdors, there's the final day of UKOPS...;)

And today is HUGE!

Comments

• edited November 2012

How huge?

Well these are the UKOPS Guarantees so far this week.....

UKOPS 1 - £27,500

UKOPS 2 - £22,500

UKOPS 3 - £22,500

UKOPS 4 - £22,500

UKOPS 5 - £40,000

UKOPS 6 - £22,500

UKOPS 7 - £22,500

And UKOPS 8, today?

£70,000

• edited November 2012

Today's three events carry Guarantees of £10,000, £10,000, & £50,000.

All the previous Guarantees have been exceeded, but today is a HUGE jump, so it will be a bit of a stretch.

We shall see.....
  • edited November 2012

Do please keep an eye on the Satellite schedule (via either the UKOPS or Satellite tab), it will be Satellite Sity today, with all the usual formats, including loads of "ALL-IN" & "Late Reg" thingies.

The "All-In" jobbies will be great value, as they give you a chance to get into the MAIN which has a £50,000 Guarantee.

The Satellite Schedule will be in the Lobby from mid-morning.

Tonight's TV Show on Ch 861 will be a UKOPS Special, too.

• edited November 2012

UKOPS 8 MAIN (NLH Freezeout) Factoids

Start Time - 20.00 (8pm)

Guarantee - £50,000

Entry Fee - £220

Format - NLH Freezeout 

Late Reg - 90 minutes

Starting stack - 10,000 chips

Clock - 15 minutes
  • edited November 2012

UKOPS 8 MINI (NLH Freezeout) Factoids

Start Time - 20.15 (8.15pm)

Guarantee - £10,000

Entry Fee - £33

Format - NLH Freezeout 

Late Reg - 90 minutes

Starting stack - 10,000 chips

Clock - 15 minutes
  • edited November 2012

UKOPS 8 SIDEY (BOUNTY HUNTER) Factoids

Start Time - 21.00 (9.00pm)

Guarantee - £10,000

Entry Fee - £110

Format - Bounty Hunter 

Late Reg - 1 hour

Starting stack - 4,000 chips

Clock - 12 minutes
  • edited November 2012

Hiya Tikay,

I was wondering will there be any Sats for the Mini?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS 8 Update Thread:
      Hiya Tikay,   I was wondering will there be any Sats for the Mini?
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Hi Michael,

Not that I am aware of, though I can understand why you are asking. I will try & find out for you.

There are so many Satellites today, & they have to be careful not to overdo them, which is self-defeating, as it spreads the liuquidity too thinly, but I know the Mini is a bit pricey tonight, so it's a fair point you make.

I hope you get in somehow.  

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS 8 Update Thread : Hi Michael, Not that I am aware of, though I can understand why you are asking. I will try & find out for you.   There are so many Satellites today, & they have to be careful not to overdo them, which is self-defeating, as it spreads the liuquidity too thinly, but I know the Mini is a bit pricey tonight, so it's a fair point you make.   I hope you get in somehow.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Thank You Tikay, btw am off to a good start just got through to the Main Quarter via a Micro Sat so am hoping for some run good. if possible maybe we could fit in a few all in sats for the mini, if not no worries has been a great week of ukops & good to watch.
  • edited November 2012

Thanks Tikay for helping to get the Sats for tonights Mini, very much appreciated
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Tikay,

I notice there are no 1 in 5 sats for the side semi. There have been every other night, is this due to the fact there are sooo many sats in the lobby atm??
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Tikay, I notice there are no 1 in 5 sats for the side semi. There have been every other night, is this due to the fact there are sooo many sats in the lobby atm??
    Posted by waller02
    Hi waller,

I honestly don't know the answer to that, though I suspect you may well be correct.

If I can get an answer, I'll Post accordingly, or mention it at the top of the Show.

I hope you get in tonight.
  • edited November 2012

Good morning.

Well that's it, job done!

As you probably know, last night's Main missed it's guarantee by 28 players (£5,600), blemising an otherwise perfect record, so it ended 23 from 24. Don't know what Sid & the Suits think, but I'd have bitten someone's hand off if that were offered before UKOPS 1 began.

There were some huge fields during the 8 UKOPS nights, including, I think, the 2nd largest Tourney field ever on Sky Poker.

The "Grand Final" finished just before 3am this morning, watched by an enthusiastic & largely supportive Rail who really were a credit to Sky Poker & the Community.

LjamesL - now back playing most of his poker here - looked all over the winner, & was first over 1 million chips - but "MBSFNTB_JB" had not read the script & traded blows with James repeatedly, eventually winning the all-important all-in & call to take a 2 to 1 chip lead, & within a couple of hands, it was all over, & MBS etc had taken down the juicy £11,000 first prize, with young James collecting £7,500. Very nice.

Most enjoyable. I've had so many lovely messages about UKOPS, all of which I have passed upstairs. 

Until the next time then, from all of Team UKOPS.....