You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS ME exit, is this a call?

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
The oppo had played pretty much every hand since joining the table and had shown an ability to bluff, no other info on him.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
** Small blind  150.00 150.00 15738.75
CrazyBen23 Big blind  300.00 450.00 10535.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q

mullberry Fold     
bromley04 Fold     
Slykllist Raise  600.00 1050.00 13686.75
SoLack Fold     
** Call  450.00 1500.00 15288.75
CrazyBen23 Fold     
Flop

• A
  • Q

** Bet  1125.00 2625.00 14163.75
Slykllist Raise  2750.00 5375.00 10936.75
** All-in  14163.75 19538.75 0.00
Slykllist All-in  10936.75 30475.50 0.00
** Unmatched bet  1602.00 28873.50 1602.00

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Deffo a call imo with those reads.  So many worse hands are stacking off here.
  • edited November 2012
    Ok il throw in my opinion again mate. Really think this is quite an easy fold. Your only beating a stone cold bluff. Fd you can sort of rule out unless it kjss as you have the Qs and the As and 10s are out. Hes flat called oop pre, donk bet (people often do it with monsters), youve put a decent raise in but id be tempted to flat in position, either way raising is fine, he then shoves you have to fold. He has to have a10, aq or kj. I dont think hed be shoving a10 aq maybe, ak he would of 3 bet pre most likely. So imo you can put him on aq, kj or possibly a10. Or air, but its a risk you shouldnt be takign as on that board its so so unlikely.
  • edited November 2012
    I know the hand so won't go into too much detail.

However when they shove on the flop IMO all we are beating are KsXs and Js9s, and even these have plenty of equity.  I can't see them ever having air and one pair hands on this board flat or fold your raise in general.  It's a tough fold but one you have to make from time to time to survive in a tournament.  The key card as Wacko has said is the Qs we hold, this cuts out so many semi bluff combo hands they could have here and makes it a fold IMO.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS ME exit, is this a call?:
    Ok il throw in my opinion again mate. Really think this is quite an easy fold. Your only beating a stone cold bluff. Fd you can sort of rule out unless it kjss as you have the Qs and the As and 10s are out. Hes flat called oop pre, donk bet (people often do it with monsters), youve put a decent raise in but id be tempted to flat in position, either way raising is fine, he then shoves you have to fold. He has to have a10, aq or kj. I dont think hed be shoving a10 aq maybe, ak he would of 3 bet pre most likely. So imo you can put him on aq, kj or possibly a10. Or air, but its a risk you shouldnt be takign as on that board its so so unlikely.
    Posted by Wacko90
    I already know and agree with your opinion, I posted here at the same time as on FB, always useful to get different perspectives
  • edited November 2012
    Cheers guys, I already know the answer but always worth getting feedback.

It was a rush of blood moment and I snap called it, if I sat back and thought about it I would have folded.  Wierdly, playing live I am 100% I would have folded here, which I think must highlight a leak in my online play however I'm not sure what the leak is, or what causes it???
  • edited November 2012
    Cheers guys, I already know the answer but always worth getting feedback. It was a rush of blood moment and I snap called it, if I sat back and thought about it I would have folded.  Wierdly, playing live I am 100% I would have folded here, which I think must highlight a leak in my online play however I'm not sure what the leak is, or what causes it???
    Posted by Slykllist
    I have the exact same problem Sly. I think the 'leak' is simply that here you get 10 seconds to make every decision, and live you can take 50 times that amount of time to think. I think I play so much better live than online, I'm always alot more focussed and take more time over my decisions.

Another strange thing (way off topic here), must be something wrong with my brain, but live I find it so much easier to assign a playing style to people where online it just doesn't seem to come as easy, I think it's cos they're just another avatar that I've seen a million times before, whereas live I can be like 'guy with glasses is X', 'ginger woman.. blah blah', more unique pictures in my brain so seems easier to remember traits of each.

That's why I think it would be good to get timebacks on here, doesn't have to be massive. 95% of decisions can be easily made in less than 10 seconds imo, but every now and then you get one where you'd like a bit more time. I guess it's just another thing you need to have in your skillset as an online player, quick thinking.
  • edited November 2012
    Don't really mind your play either way there OP, you can justify a call and equally justify a fold, its a really hard spot. Wouldn't just write it off as 100% fold though.

Just from my quick thought on the hand I guessed the raiser had a flush draw or AK/AJ which outdrew you?
  • edited November 2012
    you raised the flop to stack off.

flat the flop if you're not comfortable getting it in, if you say he's playing ever hand then you have 2 pairs. go allins lol. if you're beat so wat, it's a cooler.
  • edited November 2012
    you raised the flop to stack off. flat the flop if you're not comfortable getting it in, if you say he's playing ever hand then you have 2 pairs. go allins lol. if you're beat so wat, it's a cooler.
    Posted by beaneh
    Pretty much this

Like with your reads on this villain he can surely stack off with worse, if he can't don't raise