You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL50 QQ in the blinds

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic

standard at this level I guess ?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
rancid Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £25.36
badger94 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £61.13
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

SJspanky1 Fold        
Corc22 Fold        
x Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £80.33
AKBLUF Fold        
rancid Raise   £4.25 £6.50 £21.11
badger94 Fold        
x Raise   £9.00

Comments

• edited November 2012
    how come ya playing 50 nl taking a shot are ya :) with your stack i am shoving here well its hove or fold but i lean towards a shove
  • edited November 2012
    the tiny/min 4bet is rarely ever weak with randoms but with ~40 bbs im shoving.

• edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    You have a half stack and the 3rd nuts, shove
  • edited November 2012
    The question..... is the 3b sizing here standard!!?  The answer in a nut.. no.    Not if your playing 100eff. 

But you have 50eff so like.. a 4bet shove from villain blows out all of your bluffs, 3x, 4x, 3.5x does the same... However £9 is roughly 33% of 50bb... so it can induce hero shoves from a 3bet bluff range as well as stacking off range ( i.e. those hands that call a shove). 

• edited November 2012
    Villain opens for 3bb, hero makes it 9bb, villain 4bets to 21 bb. Not too far from standard sizing anywhere imo
  • edited November 2012
    if u brought in for max pull up 50 can get away from this but not with your stack size
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: NL50 QQ in the blinds:
    if u brought in for max pull up 50 can get away from this but not with your stack size
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    +1 with your stack i think this is an easy shove
  • edited November 2012
    I thought that a 4-bet would usually be to around 2.2x the size of the 3-bet as standard anyway. Makes 4-bluffing cheaper; makes a 5-bet shove from your opponent more committing; induces ill-advised calls from weak, speculating hands; once there has been any kind of 4-bet it's pretty easy to get a 200BB pot anyway.

As for the hand, I shove given stack sizes. But 100bbs deep it's probably a fold because unknowns so rarely 4-bet light.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: NL50 QQ in the blinds:
    I thought that a 4-bet would usually be to around 2.2x the size of the 3-bet as standard anyway. Makes 4-bluffing cheaper; makes a 5-bet shove from your opponent more committing; induces ill-advised calls from weak, speculating hands; once there has been any kind of 4-bet it's pretty easy to get a 200BB pot anyway. As for the hand, I shove given stack sizes. But 100bbs deep it's probably a fold because unknowns so rarely 4-bet light.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    reason u normally see smaller 4bet sizing is that most the time in cash games ur 100bb effective.. anything more than 28bb-30bb would pretty much commit u to havin to call with anythin u 4bet with.. now games have got more aggressive and ppl 3bet lite, it becomes (against the right player) profitable to 4bet light in theory with ATC.. now if there 3bettin with say a polarised range, 4bettin to a non commiting 23-25bb would be plus EV as they will fold there air and shove their value .. its alot more compicated than this as u would have to know ur opponents frequencies and tendencies and weather to 3bet or 4bet a polarised or merged range etc etc but its more maths based on why u see smaller 4bets

playing deeper u would generally see normal sized 4bets otherwise u would be pricing ppl in 

this is probally quite confusing