You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ROI

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Whats a decent ROI for a tournament player and whats a really good ROI?

Cheers

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I'd say a decent player is around 30-40%, some very good players will have like 70-100%+ long term. But shortterm it's so swingy and 1 big result can change everything, and most people aint played enough MTTs to get a real long term figure.

I'd recommend just using your free 5 searches for the day on Sharkscope.com (make sure you filter it to just scheduled tournies). Off the top of my head I'd probably search for something like...

Wacko90
    TommyD
    Offshoot
    Lol_Raise
    MeWillows

That'll give you an idea of some of the best MTTers on the site (imo)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to a:
    I'd say a decent player is around 30-40%, some very good players will have like 70-100%+ long term. But shortterm it's so swingy and 1 big result can change everything, and most people aint played enough MTTs to get a real long term figure. I'd recommend just using your free 5 searches for the day on Sharkscope.com (make sure you filter it to just scheduled tournies). Off the top of my head I'd probably search for something like... Wacko90 TommyD Offshoot Lol_Raise MeWillows That'll give you an idea of some of the best MTTers on the site (imo)
    Posted by Lambert180

Should see a picture of a fish next to the  2nd guys Sharckscope :D
  • edited November 2012
    coxy has much much better sharkscope than i do
  • edited November 2012
    When looking at this you need to consider how many tables people play. If you are one tabling then your ROI might be great but a better analysis is £ profit per hr which will factor in number of tables and ROI per table.