You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£5 dym, snap call?

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic

1 player already out, not played oppo before. I think some of you have said previously, `dont 3 bet if you`re not going all in `.

I was wondering if this is always the case if readless, thoughts please.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Ice_Coach Small blind  25.00 25.00 1850.00
davelufc Big blind  50.00 75.00 2670.00
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

4th_street Fold     
MUNKSY Raise  150.00 225.00 3110.00
jams29 Fold     
Ice_Coach Fold     
davelufc Raise  400.00 625.00 2270.00
MUNKSY All-in  3110.00 3735.00 0.00
davelufc ??

Comments

• edited November 2012

You have to fold now.

Dunno what's better out of 3betting and flatting tbh, probably flatting in a DYM.

• edited November 2012
    I prefer flatting here tbh. I've seen this type of line so many times with medium-ish pairs and AK/AQ sort of hands. If you're calling his shove here, you could normally expect to be flipping most of the time IMO.
  • edited November 2012
    i prefer the flat call but you could go all-in yourself.
    yes,deffo don't like the 400 raise only to fold,although once he's all-in i think i would fold as we are only beating aq,and we still have plenty of chips.
    these kind of situations come up all the time in dym's.
    it's all about risk and reward imo,so here we don't need to put ourself at risk.
    i try and take the aggressive line whenever possible,and if i'm the one to go all-in and get called in a race situation,so be it.
    nothing wrong with 3 betting then folding as you have here,if you are readless and think you could well be behind or racing,and you have the chips behind you as again you have here.
    better to be still in than loading up another £5.50.
    try not to get yourself in these spots though by either flatting or going all-in yourself.

• edited November 2012
    If you 3 bet, call if off imo, otherwise u are turning AKs into a bluff!

I would always flat pre here readless tho fwiw
  • edited November 2012
    hI DAVE

NOT LOOKED AT OTHERS BUT DO PLAY THESE DYM'S AT TIMES.

For me, you're better calling then seeing what the flop gives. Dym's are a funny creature and a lot of the normal aggression is offset by considering the icm, bubble factor and stack sizes of other players. Survival is the key. Going all-in only benefits for sure the players who aren't in the 'all-in'.....