You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Long time reader first time poster, UKOPS ME....help please

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Would appreciate thoughts on what to do on the flop here. No reads on opponent, hadn't really played many hands. 

jonnyrkdSmall blind 400.00400.0016079.00milksteakBig blind 800.001200.0014520.00 Your hole cardsAQ   wizardkRaise 2400.003600.0043706.25WOOMERAFold    PatitoCall 2400.006000.0086670.50ryan83Raise 6400.0012400.0040657.50jonnyrkdFold    milksteakFold    wizardkCall 4000.0016400.0039706.25PatitoFold    Flop  A68   wizardkBet 16400.0032800.0023306.25ryan83

Comments

• edited November 2012
    strange donk lead with half of the stack after u 3 bet tbh could be any hand flush draw i would say or random 2 pair a 8   a 6 it is a tricky 1 whatever u do tbh isnt a bad move i think shoving is fine i think folding is fine if i was playing i would sighhhh fold tho as the donk lead for almost half the stack would confuse me 
  • edited November 2012
    I like the fold. I haven't stoved his range but I'd imagine you have about 50% equity vs A6s, A8s, 68s, 66, 88, and all his flush draws, and I just think you can foldzies here and still be v.comfortable

and I think 2p hands are more likely, and even if he does have a fd, I doubt it's just a fd. he prob has some sick combo draw that's got u like drawing dead, even tho youre ahead ;-)

like the 3b size pre btw
  • edited November 2012
    So we 3b pre with AQ then fold to a single bet when we flop tp 50bb deep?

I wouldn't always 3b pre, if I do Im not folding that flop without sick reads
  • edited November 2012
    Hi R

The player is utg so i wouldn't expect two pr hands here myself. Would use raise utg w/ A8o? Your ace makes AA unlikely...so i feel you are ahead but he is semi-bluffing with a flush draw possibly. Why doesn't he 4-bet w/ AK? With no reads it takes a brave call but a braver AI which is my inkling R...AI and make the decision his.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Long time reader first time poster, UKOPS ME....help please:
    I like the fold. I haven't stoved his range but I'd imagine you have about 50% equity vs A6s, A8s, 68s, 66, 88, and all his flush draws, and I just think you can foldzies here and still be v.comfortable and I think 2p hands are more likely, and even if he does have a fd, I doubt it's just a fd. he prob has some sick combo draw that's got u like drawing dead, even tho youre ahead ;-) like the 3b size pre btw
    Posted by percival09
    I agree with Perce here when it comes to feeling like this is a pretty much 50/50 spot.  I disagree about 2 pair hands though, just don't see that many in his range.  AK-AJ looks more likely to me, along with flush draws and maybe sets if he's the sort to donk pot their sets for deception.  I just don't see him betting to fold and I'm more worried about AK than anything else.  Readless this is a nightmare.  I think go with it.  That's my gut reaction but it's really close, mainly because we still have a 50BB stack, are very comfortable and don't really need to be getting in this guessing spot.  Then again there is a massive pot on offer and this might be a really good spot for us to push for a really deep run.

Uggh, if all of your clinic posts are going to follow your first they will be:

Great hands to discuss

Another reason for my ever greying hair.