You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Correct to shove?

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Hi guys

Unsure about this but four handed and fairly short stacked. I must admit the limp was a worry and proved to be a trap though i may have been AI on the flop(BTW, should i if i'd limped?).
    I'm trying to improve my play and as i play a small volume and no cash, i want to improve the FT'S i make. What % should i aim for IYO?

apologies...will not load again(just 5 attempts)...annoying but will just state main points.
    CO 125K
    BTN 172K
    SB 74K
    BB 44K     before blinds put in.

BLINDS 3K/6K

CO LIMPS,.....SB CALLS. I AI  a) to squeeze as ax is better playing just one opponent   b) ss has fold equity v SB at least.

CO CALLS(suggests premium pr yes?) and SB folds.

BB ATO.      CO...AA
    FLOP KT5  rainbow

4 handed betting should be aggressive yes?
    What do you suggest for betting in each of these positions guys? Much appreciated as usual. MY game is improving because of your help...TY

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Correct to shove?:
    Nh
    Posted by grantorino
    Hi G what should i have done?
  • edited November 2012
    Nh is him saying you should do what you did.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Correct to shove?:
    Nh is him saying you should do what you did.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Oh i see ...cheers L. What about the % of FT'S q?
  • edited November 2012

Steve,

This is an interesting one, if the player hasn't limped at any point (and therefore we think he is trapping with a massive hand) I may be able to see a flop and get it in if we flop massive. If he has done it a few times I am shoving pre and to be honest I might shove anyway as we are getting too low and sometimes when you are as low stacked as you are you just need to get it in and hope.

I would say you need to look at how you got as low stacked as you have as when you get down to 8bb you have little fold equity. (It may have been you lost a big hand and thats why you are down that low). I know there are no antes so you can allow yourself to get a bit lower than with antes but 8bb is very low imo.

Hope that helps

Matt

P.S Will reply to your PM tonight, apols for the delay!