You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

So so sick!

Hello everyone, hope your all well. I don't like moaning, I don't really suffer from beats, I take them quite well. I didn't used to but I've improved my mindset loads lately. However, the key word being HOWEVER, this is actually sick... yes I know that over time I am the winner but people like this cost others chunks of there bankroll through very bad play.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Shark1980 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.85
CUFCrp90 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.50
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

CrAzY284 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £18.15
MARTICUS Fold        
trevor1954 Fold        
SKAGS Fold        
Shark1980 Raise   £0.45 £0.70 £9.40
CUFCrp90 Call   £0.40 £1.10 £9.10
CrAzY284 Call   £0.40 £1.50 £17.75
Flop

Shark1980 Bet   £1.20 £2.70 £8.20
CUFCrp90 Raise   £4.13 £6.83 £4.97
CrAzY284 Fold        
Shark1980 All-in   £8.20 £15.03 £0.00
CUFCrp90 All-in   £4.97 £20.00 £0.00
Shark1980 Unmatched bet   £0.30 £19.70 £0.30
Shark1980 Show
  • J
  • J

CUFCrp90 Show

Turn

River

• A

CUFCrp90 Win Two Pairs, 8s and 6s £18.30   £18.30

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Thought this hand might show up on here....

Unlucky re. the beat but my VPIP%age in these low limit games is massive as I generally feel I've got a massive edge on the tables and pretty much feel I can outplay most people post flop. Thus my range is pretty huge.

Felt by your raise size that you had a shortened range as it was 45p pre rather than the standard open of 30p. So on that flop I was pretty confident you had a big overpair and just had to sweat the 2, 3, or J which maybe the other players would have folded out pre as well.

Hope that eases the pain some but just because I'm loose pre doesn't = bad play!
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks for the reply, it's better than the 'Fraid so' you posted in the chat box after the hand was played out. I feel your response is pretty weak though.

I made a 4x raise and you still called pre-flop? I don't understand what I have to do to get you off an hand pre-flop, do I go all-in? Obviously your gonna get paid the maximum playing hands like this but surely over time you are losing money calling 4x raises.

None the less, I thank you for explaining yourself and I would recommend that you are ready to move up levels seen as though your outplaying everyone at the 5p-10p level.

Enjoy my money mate.
  • edited November 2012
    Was gonna chat with you but you left before I got a chance to type more in chatbox!

I'll mix my play up, sometimes I'll call with 86 there sometimes i'll call with AA there. Somestimes I will 4 bet with 86 and sometimes I will 4 bet with AA......  I went with the hand and flopped the miracle.... if I only raised with good cards I'd be a lot easier to beat don't you agree?

Everyone gets coolered, its the game, few hands before this I ran set into set and today I've lost KK to T7 and AA to A3.... doesn't mean I'm going to change the way I play. I'll move up when I have the BR to do so and if I get outplayed I get outplayed!

Hope I've demonstrated to you that at the very least I think about and understand what I'm doing more so than some. 

See you on the tables, CUFC
  • edited November 2012
    Yes, I totally agree. But your call of a 4x raise with 8-6 off suit is pretty poor. I wouldn't call it a cooler, a cooler is running KK into AA, not getting called by 8-6 off suit when you've got JJ, I would call that bad play getting rewarded.

Anyway, I'm not trying to moan about it, I just thought it was appropriate for the forum. It's your money and you can play however you want with it. Hopefully I'll see you playing back down at my level of 5p-10p and you will give me a chance to win that money back.

Good luck to you and gg.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: So so sick!:
    Yes, I totally agree. But your call of a 4x raise with 8-6 off suit is pretty poor. I wouldn't call it a cooler, a cooler is running KK into AA, not getting called by 8-6 off suit when you've got JJ, I would call that bad play getting rewarded. Anyway, I'm not trying to moan about it, I just thought it was appropriate for the forum. It's your money and you can play however you want with it. Hopefully I'll see you playing back down at my level of 5p-10p and you will give me a chance to win that money back. Good luck to you and gg.
    Posted by Shark1980
    +1

not that sick tho! 2p v overpair.

It'll probably be an easy fold next time with that sizing. Never bluffing, and never value raising worse.

Readless just get it in tho. ul. nh 68.
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah your right, but if I'm totally honest I thought he were gonna turn the flush draw over, not two pair. 6-8 off suit is something I wouldn't of put him on if you put a gun to my head and told me I had to get it right to stay alive.

Folding the jacks there is pretty hard for me, I don't know about you. Even if he turned the flush draw over and shown me it before I called my stack off I would of called. The only other chance of me being behind was to a set and for some reason i didn't believe that either.
  • edited November 2012
    Shark, its like you said it is and you'll find the same across the board with results like this. There are reasons why people dont play unplayable hole cards without odds and its because you get trashed all the time in the 'real' world. Having a 'massive range' doesnt change anything it only adds to the belief of some that bad play gets rewarded because there is something else at play. Making the wrong plays with the wrong cards to aggressive raising in the real world means you are gtd to lose consistently, here it means something else entirely. go figure?
  • edited November 2012
    look at my hand on bbv this dnt even come close not even a sick 1 tbh
  • edited November 2012
    I cannot see what is 'so so sick' about this. You say you don't get mad and here you are complaining about losing very little money with one pair. I really don't believe CUFCrp90  is calling everytime there. you got your money in with one pair.???