You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50nl bluffing in 3b pot, cbet?

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
3b size is abit small :(

Think both players play quite tight and wont be getting out of line post flop. Not 100% sure tho.

I decided to cbet it, and was gonna barrell alot if I got just 1 caller.

Very tempted to bet again on this card anyway, but it's getting expensive now and I'm probably drawing dead so just gave up.

I have to have 1 shot on the flop though right? But 1 probably isn't gonna be enough to make them fold some hands that would fold to 2 barrells, 77-JJ etc.

So should I not even bother?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
gerrard9 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £48.75
sikas Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £53.77
 Your hole cards
  • A

Patito Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £62.81
walks2311 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £4.00 £6.25 £48.08
AJ_Rockets Fold     
gerrard9 Call  £3.75 £10.00 £45.00
sikas Fold     
Patito Call  £2.50 £12.50 £60.31
Flop

gerrard9 Check     
Patito Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £7.00 £19.50 £41.08
gerrard9 Call  £7.00 £26.50 £38.00
Patito Call  £7.00 £33.50 £53.31
Turn

• Q

gerrard9 Check     
Patito Check     
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited November 2012
    wouldn't bother v 2

doubt both will fold - leaving a river barrel to be sure
  • edited November 2012
    both call flop now u rep a high card strory doesnt add up i just give up 1 of em could easily slow play a set 
  • edited November 2012
    Flop is ok as long as you know your probably going to have to barrell turn. 
    I think Gerrards range looks like 88-QQ and I think if you are only called by him you can barrell him of these hands on most turns (also obv depends on what he thinks of you). However when Patitio just flats behind I think we can easily assign him to a set which is looking to CRAI on the turn. So as played just give up turn.
  • edited November 2012
    give up if called on turn.

don't blame me for barrelling it off you're the one who 3bet trash vs utg.
  • edited November 2012
    Don't like the 3-bet vs him when he is UTG tbh, A8 is such a trash hand lol. 

In my experience vs him( i play pretty tight) he is mostly going to be folding/4-betting or sometimes(if i been a bit loose) 4-bet/calling with88+ Aq+, well that's my image of him anyway. Imo you are bluffing into the top of his range often, and so your 3-bet accomplishes nothing more other than giving you a aggro image, and in that case you will be 4-bet often if he wises up to this.

flop is quite dry, wtf is gerrard 9 doing pre? as he got JJ or summat? anyhoo i like double barreling this but i am just as happy to c/f this unless A/K peels on the turn.

• edited November 2012
    have to agree with beaneh i think here ppl genreally do play fit/fold in 3bet pots .. i also would make a smaller, less than half pot bet on flop and barrell turn.. im definatley worried about both villans holdings but  think as 3bet is small gerrard9 can have 77-QQ and possible peeling one on flop .. patitio over callin flop aswel worries me but cos u 3 bet A8.. the Q does give us a chance to win the pot !! 
  • edited November 2012
    dont like. 

What are you doing postflop on a A52xxy 6x Ky board here?