You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Have the cash games got harder???

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Since the kings of cash promo started in October I have struggled badly on the cash tables (20nl)

I know I have had some bad luck but I just can't get a winning day.

I have been on sky for 3 years now and have always turned a proffit, but over the last 5 weeks it's been awful.

Has anyone else found it harder than normal????

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I defo noticed it at the start of october! Lots of solid regs, even at 20nl, who were going for the Kings of Cash promo. There weren't many/any 'easy' tables about.

I was glad when the promotion ended, a lot more recreational players on the tables now :)
  • edited November 2012
    100% agree with this unfortunately. 

Haven't played cash this month, I'm giving DYMs a spin... but like you I have consistently made profits for years and suddenly can't have a winning session let alone a winning week!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Have the cash games got harder???:
    Since the kings of cash promo started in October I have struggled badly on the cash tables (20nl) I know I have had some bad luck but I just can't get a winning day. I have been on sky for 3 years now and have always turned a proffit, but over the last 5 weeks it's been awful. Has anyone else found it harder than normal????
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Personally i wasnt going for the kings of cash promo so eneded up playing less tables than usual last month as had to use more table selection to manage to turn a profit
  • edited November 2012

I had 9 months away from cash, from around November last year until a couple of months ago when I started playing again.

Obv have to factor in the improvements I've made as a player (not many) but the games last month were just as soft if not softer than last year imo.

There are 3 or 4 very good players at the lower middle stakes tho. There didn't used to be. But overall they're just as soft, there's still plentyoffish.com.
  • edited November 2012
    Getting coolered all the time doesn;t help.

I'm sick of cash but like some craaack addict I carry on.

Must be a glutton for punishment.
  • edited November 2012
    October was tough at NL20

looks ok now though

• edited November 2012
    the games always easier when im on :)
  • edited November 2012
    i used to be comfortable a nl20/nl10 now i struggle at nl4,always had a good BR then the downswing started in august i bust me BR in mid september and i,ve been a serial depositor since.
    i have had good nights like 1 in 14 but feel as i,ve been sussed and i conna play the game(the mental game as got really mental)
    i,m still mad about poker,play every night but seriously lacking in confidence,oh well, i know it will turn
  • edited November 2012
    Think they,ve got gradually harder over the last 2 or 3 years tbh

I think 1 factor is when ppl turn 18 and come ontop the site as a newbie they,ve already learnt the game through home games and all the training sites out there and TV
  • edited November 2012
    I keep getting it in good just can't do a win!!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Have the cash games got harder???:
    I keep getting it in good just can't do a win!!
    Posted by donkeyplop

that's my fault, you just can't let it go can you :D

it will turn, you know it will
  • edited November 2012
    Well I'm sat at 5 tables full of the same regs!!! Like getting blood out of a stone. 
  • edited November 2012
    table select better m8 and also I dont think the games have got harder I think 10/20nl are full of nits a lot more than they ever used to be but just adjust your game to these players when you have them at tables.

but yeah you might just be having a bad run it will turn buddy gl.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Have the cash games got harder???:
    table select better m8 and also I dont think the games have got harder I think 10/20nl are full of nits a lot more than they ever used to be but just adjust your game to these players when you have them at tables. but yeah you might just be having a bad run it will turn buddy gl.
    Posted by liamboi11
    Ok maybe what I meant was harder to get paid.

Tried table selecting but it's hard most of the time as it seems to be the same guys, maybe a new format is the way forward.....................
  • edited November 2012
    maybe a change would be good for you what do you think you would enjoy and make money on dyms/mtts/hu stts?

also im not saying defo go for new format because played with you a few times your a good solid player in the cash games I honestly think you may be running bad atm but whatever you choose to do gl m8.
  • edited November 2012
    i started playing again last week and i am 17 bi up over this week so i would say it seems easier But today and last night i am  getting coolerd. Like they said still plenty of fish :P
  • edited November 2012
    Well so far today ive had qq v aa, kk v aa, then qq v k10 and aj, and lost all 3.

This is hapenning every day.