You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Official New-vember Thread: Week 1 - BANKBUSTER (Thursday - £2.20 Headhunter)

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Morning Sky Poker peeps!

So, New-vember got off to a good start last night after Sky Poker coughed up on the first Bankbuster Challenge. For those of you who haven't come across the promotion yet, we are basically making November a month of new ideas, tournament formats and promotions. We want your feedback on which you enjoy and which you weren't too fussed by, and we're also looking to give a bit of value back to you guys in a fun, micro-stakes setting. 

We'll be posting about each week's promotions in this thread, and we want your brags in here too, strategy for winning, etc.

Right, so what's on this week?

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Week 1: The Bankbuster Challenge.

Basically, we set a special tournament up each night at 7.30pm and it has a Guarantee as well as a Target. If the prizepool hits target, Sky Poker double the payouts for those who cash. Simples. 

Last night's £1.10 Bankbuster Rebuy had a £500 GTD and £750 target. We thought that would be a bit of a challenge for you. It ended up costing us £826, and TINTIN only went and binked the best part of £420. Nice for him and the Bankbuster Challenge was landed for the night. Splendid.

That was last night. Details of tonight's tournament coming right up...

• edited November 2012
    Tuesday night Bankbuster:

£3.30 Pot Limit Omaha, £400 Guaranteed, £800 Target (7.30pm kick off)

A stiffer target for the Sky Poker crowd today with the bank licking its wounds from last night. Surely the bank can't be cracked two nights in a row?

The tournament itself will be up in the lobby in the next 30 minutes or so and I'll post a direct link in this post once I have it.

The one thing it definitely offers is a cheap Omaha MTT on the schedule tonight, which I know a lot of the Omaha fans on here will be liking. 
  • edited November 2012
    1. lets get the brag out the way. it was a fun tourney last night. the blinds were so big by the last few players any of us could have won, just glad i hung on. i dont play many tournies and i think thats my first mtt win in a long while.

2. my ohama game is rotten, so i'll donate to the prizepool tonight to help beat the target.

3. why is the tourney not in the yellow banded area in the lobby or will it be moved there as the day goes on?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Official New-vember Thread: Week 1 - BANKBUSTER (Tuesday - £3.30 PLO):
    1. lets get the brag out the way. it was a fun tourney last night. the blinds were so big by the last few players any of us could have won, just glad i hung on. i dont play many tournies and i think thats my first mtt win in a long while. 2. my ohama game is rotten, so i'll donate to the prizepool tonight to help beat the target. 3. why is the tourney not in the yellow banded area in the lobby or will it be moved there as the day goes on?
    Posted by TINTIN

Got it in one, squire. 
  • edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    A little over two hours to go and we've got 17 runners at the moment. Four cards, potentially double the prizepool....Valueville, surely? :)

safc203000  
    rivermunky3000  
    pomfrittes3000  
    kidwiz103000  
    gamegbe973000  
    dog_223000  
    dax333000  
    TommyD3000  
    TINTIN3000  
    SJspanky13000  
    MP333000  
    MAXALLY3000  
    Kelloggs3000  
    JohnConnor3000  
    IDONKCALLU3000  
    Giant8113000  
    BIGSHANN3000

• edited November 2012
    biggggggggg + 1 sky dave to this gives the guys with a smaller bankroll to have a nice bink double moniessssss only a great thing 
  • edited November 2012
    Hmmmm, PLO, I might be about to make a fool of myself, but I think there's little chance this one will make the £800 target.
  • edited November 2012
    I LOVE PLO

Thanks Dave and gl all!

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Official New-vember Thread: Week 1 - BANKBUSTER (Tuesday - £3.30 PLO):
    Hmmmm, PLO, I might be about to make a fool of myself, but I think there's little chance this one will make the £800 target.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    You may well be right Gary. 33 runners so far, (£99) with an hour to go, and it's a Freezeout.

Feels like UKOPS all over again, when I was sweating the Guarantees every day. Only in reverse. It may not even make the £400 Guarantee!
  • edited November 2012
    because its omaha i thought 800 gtd was abit high as u dnt get as many players on omaha as hold em im pretty sure if this was hold em it would smash the 800 gtd
  • edited November 2012

53 runners now, so £159 - the Guarantee is £400.

Proper value.

• edited November 2012
    will enter but my plo game not good. will there be a high/low this week? no good at that either but high ho
  • edited November 2012
    will enter but my plo game not good. will there be a high/low this week? no good at that either but high ho
    Posted by wartic
    I don't know I'm afraid - fingers crossed.

Good luck tonight, only 75 runners so far - needs 134 just to beat the Guarantee, & 267 to get Brucie's BankBuster Bonus.

• edited November 2012
    Well we've at least met the basic guarantee
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Official New-vember Thread: Week 1 - BANKBUSTER:
    Tuesday night Bankbuster: £3.30 Pot Limit Omaha, £400 Guaranteed, £800 Target (7.30pm kick off) A stiffer target for the Sky Poker crowd today with the bank licking its wounds from last night. Surely the bank can't be cracked two nights in a row? The tournament itself will be up in the lobby in the next 30 minutes or so and I'll post a direct link in this post once I have it. The one thing it definitely offers is a cheap Omaha MTT on the schedule tonight, which I know a lot of the Omaha fans on here will be liking. 
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Thx Tintin :)

Haven,t played any PLO touneys for a while on here and certainly none with anywhere near the numbers from earlier (think it was 162 in the end). Funny thing is i almost cancelled out of it as i was playing the 5K freeroll and also stuck in a 50gtd with only 5 players which took alot longer than i thought and had also satelited into the main which meant i was going to sign up up for the mini - To many tourneys, but after  bad start in the main i decided to leave the mini and concentrate on the ones i was playing.

Needed a fair bit of luck on the FT against some good regs and had to come back against a large chipleader but enjoyed every minute of it

Looking forward to playing more. Its good that its aimed at microstakes players and so far both winners incl. myself are often found on the micro stakes cash like 2p/4p etc

Thx

Paul
  • edited November 2012
    So, the target proved a little too stiff last night, but there was still a rather nice £486 in the kitty for an Omaha tourney. Not bad, eh?

Tonight's Bankbuster should get you chomping at the poker bit.... 

Wednesday's Bankbuster Challenge: 

£2.20 - Nice.
    Bounty Hunter - Nice!
    £1,000 GTD - Zing!!
    £1500 Target - Oooooh
  • edited November 2012
    Late reg will be open for 30 minutes too, meaning those of you planning on playing the Main and Mini might as well chuck yourselves into this too. Go on, bust that bank ;)
  • edited November 2012
    Some good results for the Forumites last night too -

MP33 - 1st
    JohnConnor - 3rd
    IDONKCALLU - 5th
    Samantha25 - 6th

....and that's just the final table. Nice work folks!

• edited November 2012
    Late reg will be open for 30 minutes too, meaning those of you planning on playing the Main and Mini might as well chuck yourselves into this too. Go on, bust that bank ;)
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    just a quick question Dave.... If the target is met, and as it's a BH does the doubling of the prize fund include head prizes?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Official New-vember Thread: Week 1 - BANKBUSTER (Tuesday - £3.30 PLO) : just a quick question Dave.... If the target is met, and as it's a BH does the doubling of the prize fund include head prizes?
    Posted by scouse_red

Hi Chris,

I imagine Dave has gone home now, so I cannot give you an official reply, but the BankBuster Page says this.....

"....If the total prizepool generated in the tournament hits target we’ll DOUBLE the payouts for those who cash!...."

And the Tournament Lobby says this.....

"....£1,000 Guaranteed Bank Buster Bounty Hunter. The Bank Buster target tonight is £1,500! If the target is hit then all winning players will be paid double!...."
  • edited November 2012

Meanwhile, at 6.30pm - one hour before kick off (PLUS 30 minutres of Late Reg) this already has 122 runners.

It needs 500 runners to beat the Guarantee, but 750 in total to prompt the BANKBUSTER payout.

At £2.20 to enter, if enough people smell this value, it deffo has a chance of that BANKBUSTER BONUS.  
  • edited November 2012

7.05pm - 180 runners
  • edited November 2012

7.30 - 321 runners for this £2.20 Bounty Hunter, it has now started, & has Late Reg for 30 minutes. 

Loooks like the BANKBUSTER will not come into play, but it's still great value - there will be OVERLAY unless it hits 500 runners.  

• edited November 2012

7.40pm - 381 runners.

Late Reg is open until around 8pm.

Looking like overlayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• edited November 2012

Still rising - 7.45pm, 421 runners.
  • edited November 2012

Final total - 492 runners.

• edited November 2012
    I'd blame Dave for updating the title of the wrong post - I spent a long time waiting for the weds thread to be posted before realizing what had happened. (or maybe i'm just slow - could be)
  • edited November 2012
    I'd blame Dave for updating the title of the wrong post - I spent a long time waiting for the weds thread to be posted before realizing what had happened. (or maybe i'm just slow - could be)
    Posted by GELDY

My bad, Geldy. I managed to do the post itself on the thread but didn't update the title. Whooooops! I will probably end up having to pay the overlay myself now. Sigh. *

* - Sky Poker: I am just kidding. Don't dock my pay. Thanks,
  • edited November 2012
    As for Chris's question (Tikay was right, I was out for the day by then), we would double the payouts of anyone who earned money - so if you collected £4 in bounties another £4 would have been credited to your account within 48 hours.