You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10NL - Spewy?

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I wasn't in love with making the call but don't think I could ever 4bet/fold there.

Is my 4bet about the right size considering all the calls? Do you 4bet here? Flatting seems A) nitty and B) like I'm playing fit/fold post-flop.

Have to call despite knowing people at 10NL are never 5bet shoving light at all?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BERTIE2009 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £12.97
TEEPEEQ Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.32
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

Lambert180 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £9.15
farrier1 Raise   £0.70 £1.15 £9.30
sofalout Fold        
cancer2 Call   £0.70 £1.85 £8.17
BERTIE2009 Call   £0.65 £2.50 £12.32
TEEPEEQ Fold        
Lambert180 Raise   £3.25 £5.75 £5.90
farrier1 All-in   £9.30 £15.05 £0.00
cancer2 Fold        
BERTIE2009 Fold        
Lambert180 All-in   £5.90 £20.95 £0.00
farrier1 Unmatched bet   £0.55 £20.40 £0.55
Lambert180 Show
  • A
  • K

farrier1 Show
  • A
  • A

Flop

Turn

River

farrier1 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 10s £19.00   £19.55

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Given your relative possition - you are the UTG raiser and UTG+1 makes a small 3-bet - I don't like the 4-bet much. Even without the callers it's a bad choice. If you 4-bet then I think you pretty much have to fold to 5-bet at these stakes. Given that two others have cold called the 3-bet then I just take a flop. But then you have to accept that TPTK will probably not be good enough once stacks start going in post flop.

Once you have 4-bet a third of your stack there is no going back and you have to call the shove. Even against KK you have 30% and vs unknowns it's not always AA. It just usually is.

• edited November 2012
    Well this may be flawed thinking but the reason I 4bet was because of all the flat callers, cos I didn't wanna go 4way. If they hadn't called, I'd have been happier playing a pot V villian albeit OOP
  • edited November 2012
    maybe im wrong in thinking this but we have ak in a 6 handed game 3bettor imo is a loose aggro player so i`m happy 4betting getting in here vs him and a lot of opponents at this level.

I think you played the hand fine m8 but we will see what others say.
  • edited November 2012
    Very standard specially seeing him 3 bet you with A7. You can't be taking AK 4 ways OOP. 4 bet sizing seems pretty good your are hoping to take the pot down here but you have to call the shove. Just ul he had AA.
  • edited November 2012
    Played perfectly IMO. Pre flop action is a dream situation. 4betting here is so much more +EV rather than flatting especially when we factor in the times we just take it down with our 4 bet. 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: 10NL - Spewy?:
    Very standard specially seeing him 3 bet you with A7. You can't be taking AK 4 ways OOP. 4 bet sizing seems pretty good your are hoping to take the pot down here but you have to call the shove. Just ul he had AA.
    Posted by BigHawk89
    Fair point. But a note should be made that this player 3-bets to 7BB with AA and 9BB with A7s. This is why names should be left out of hands by the way.
  • edited November 2012
    I may well be wrong here but I just hate the idea of ever getting 92 bb's all in preflop with ak in a cash game.
  • edited November 2012
    I agree with Jac35. 3 bets at this level are usually AK or high pairs, and in a cash game you dont really wanna be getting 92bb's in pre without AA or KK IMO.
  • edited November 2012
    Getting it in is spewy imo. 10nl 3b when we open utg is always QQ+ and you shouldn't be getting it in imo without relevant reads