You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did I have the odds to call?

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Deepstack BH eary doors - This is a leak in my game cause I cant work out pot odds, implied odds and stuuf like that. Normally go on a gut feeling or pure recklessness lol

spurs_13Small blind 10.0010.004860.00smarrBig blind 20.0030.004870.00 Your hole cardsA9   SammydridRaise 60.0090.005000.00jeffsjacksFold    three33320Fold    spurs_13Call 50.00140.004810.00smarrCall 40.00180.004830.00Flop  69K   spurs_13Check    smarrCheck    SammydridBet 90.00270.004910.00spurs_13Call 90.00360.004720.00smarrFold    Turn  8   spurs_13Check    SammydridBet 360.00720.004550.0

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I think you had the odds to see the River IMO based upon stack size and bet size, At least I showed you what I had. :)

• edited November 2012
    you don't have the direct odds but you can call because of stacks and the fact a bd flush is pretty well disguised
  • edited November 2012
    Very rare you'll ever have the direct odds to call when someone bets full pot, but as Perc said you can call with the implied odds, although personally I still think it's a fold.
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Spurs

Your consideration is a bit blurred as you have only 9 outs to guarantee the win...so 18% approx 4 to 1 and the pot is giving you only 2 to 1. However I don't think if you had a 6 you wouldt raise pre. You may be looking at k maybe AK Consequently if you don't believe he has a 6 then would add 2 for the nines giving 11 outs ie 22% so a bit better than 4 to 1 you still haven't got the odds DIRECTLY. However, that nut flush certainly appeals and you can always claim implied odds. You can't come to much harm chip wise if you stick to only betting if you get the flush....i say go for it.
    PS Did you have any reads of this player. After all its a canny bet by him to push you off. Is he capabel or was he playing fit/fold.
    PPS Just watching Tom Dwan putting someone AI w/ J4s suited pre after a raise and a call so take the plunge. It will be SWEET!!!!
  • edited November 2012
    Just to put it out there, my problem with calling because you have implied odds with the flush draw is that to really have the odds to make it a call, you have to be stacking him really to account for the times, you don't hit, the times you hit and he makes a FH so you're still beat etc and I think the problem is your OOP.

So if you do hit, what do we do? If we call, then jam river, I don't think we get called often, if we bet small I think we mostly get flatted by worse hands than ours so you don't get the most of it. If we check/raise, we might get paid off but don't like paying to hit the flush, hitting it and then checking in case he checks behind.
  • edited November 2012
    youre forgetting that hero wont always be behind here in the first place. villain could be barreling a straight or flush draw. hero's 9 or A could still win him the pot. he isn't just relying on the flush
  • edited November 2012
    Given the stacks & the fact he has a pair plus a fd surely its an easy call.
  • edited November 2012
    Just to let you guys know, Profman called it correct. I had AKos, At that point I had to make him decide weather he was going to risk the diamond draw I was aware he could potentially have it and put that into mind when I raised pot.