You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

river bink in sqeezed pot

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
the squeeze obviously wants to take it down pre most of the time, flop a good draw and get an excellent price this deep. horrible turn plan to check fold but when it checks through how to play this river?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceneely0y0Small blind £0.10£0.10£48.20bbBig blind £0.20£0.30£48.01 Your hole cards43   utgFold    mpRaise £0.80£1.10£24.83coFold    btnCall £0.80£1.90£46.14neely0y0Raise £2.80£4.70£45.40utgFold    mpCall £2.10£6.80£22.73btnCall £2.10£8.90£44.04Flop  A2K   neely0y0Bet £4.50£13.40£40.90mpCall £4.50£17.90£18.23btnRaise £9.00£26.90£35.04neely0y0Call £4.50£31.40£36.40mpFold    Turn  K   neely0y0Check    btnCheck    River  5   neely0y0?    
mp position is unknown btn is winning reg. thoughts on all streets appreciated. 

Comments

• edited November 2012
    this town (tooooowwwwwwwwnnnnn) is coming like a ghost town.......

any advices much appreciated
  • edited November 2012
    On the flop, it's gonna be AK and sets alot imo which means on the turn you could be drawing dead already.

Played think I think... assuming you wanna squeeze with 34s, what was your thinking behind this, do you think they will fold often? Do they C/F alot of flops?

Have to bet that flop after the action pre, and can't argue with a call of the min-raise when you have a GS and FD, although might be worried abuot the other player to act behind me, cos if he raises/shoves, you have to fold imo and you've thrown away that extra £4.50.

Once the K pairs on the turn, just shut down, C/F turn, C/F river.
  • edited November 2012
    once you've flopped this good with a hand this bad, i'd just be busy touching myself. more chance of timing out because my hands are busy and im whooping aloud rather than choosing not to bet the river.

would choose different hands to sq with pre. would just fold this hand myself unless I was super tilted.
  • edited November 2012
    i think the pre flop raise takes down the pot without seeing the flop often enough to be profitable and the purpose of it was to punish the btn overcall with likely a weakish holding for which any 2 cards can be used but i prefer to bet low suited connectors as they have so little value oop but actually have decent quity against hands like 99 through jj which is a big part of of the 3bet flatting range, and against that range this is also a great flop to cbet on and rep aa/kk/ak. was definitely not tilt based or standard more experimental but if this is bad reasoning so be it. this turn would shut me down but when it checks back then check folding seems too weak when hitting this river. meh i guess just fold pre.
  • edited November 2012
    if they call our sq with 77 we have dem unders

it'd be nice to at least have one overcard sometimes! so we have some chance of winning without bluffing occasionally!