You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thinking about an Ipad

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Sure these questions asked many times but any help would be appreciated to allow me to decide wether to buy or not.

1 Will Sky poker run on Ipad?

2 Is it the download version or have to play web version?

3 Will I need Photon and if so is there a cost?

4 I only play 2 tables at a time and dont use computer for much else. A bit of browsing at other sites - sports, news etc but no downloads/streaming of movies or music etc. Which Ipad should I buy - is the basic ok?

Look forward to receiving your advice

Thanks 

Comments

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Thinking about an Ipad:
    Sure these questions asked many times but any help would be appreciated to allow me to decide wether to buy or not. 1 Will Sky poker run on Ipad? 2 Is it the download version or have to play web version? 3 Will I need Photon and if so is there a cost? 4 I only play 2 tables at a time and dont use computer for much else. A bit of browsing at other sites - sports, news etc but no downloads/streaming of movies or music etc. Which Ipad should I buy - is the basic ok? Look forward to receiving your advice Thanks 
    Posted by Pavillion
    Hi sky will work on an iPad there are a couple of apps....I found photon works well....but two tables is about the best you can hope for.
    Also the apps are not supported by sky so no comeback if it goes wrong..........photon cost £2.99 but iswifter is free...but I could not get it to work.....the new iPad is best IMO and is not much more than older versions.............
  • edited November 2012
    was thinking of getting a tablet too but not the ipad sorry to jump on your thread but can you also play skypoker on other tablets that run android like the nexus 7 or amazon Fire? they are half the prise and just as powerfull if not more so. So could be a better option to the ipad if your on a budget.
  • edited November 2012
    I bought an Ipad a couple of weeks ago. And to answer your question, no sky tables do not work on it, but you can still go on the forum and tournaments lobbys etc. Very nice piece of kit though id recommend it to anyone.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thinking about an Ipad:
    I bought an Ipad a couple of weeks ago. And to answer your question, no sky tables do not work on it, but you can still go on the forum and tournaments lobbys etc. Very nice piece of kit though id recommend it to anyone.
    Posted by BigHawk89

Sky tables do work........search for photon....£2.99 or swifter...free gl

• edited November 2012
    It works via iswifter but you can only see one table at a Time and its a bit laggy. 
  • edited November 2012
    I have the first edition of the Motorola Xoom, it does run Sky Poker through the browser in portrait view only, its ok for one table max but I wouldnt recommend playing SP on it if you can help it. It's slightly laggy and making raises etc is annoying having to use your hand to slide the bar, you can time out.

As a tablet its alright, there are definatly better availlable on the market now but ebay is prob your best bet to pick one up for a decent price. I have been tempted to sell it and get one of those new Ipad Minis but in reality there prob not much better spec wise than the Xoom!
  • edited November 2012
    iSwifter works fine for Sky.

It is only laggy if your wifi connection is poor. I have a fairly good connection and I've found that probably two tables is the maximum that it supports.
  • edited November 2012
    Wait till after xmass imo

then change your mind---lol
  • edited November 2012
    Wait till after xmass imo then change your mind---lol
    Posted by oynutter
    What the sky app update??

Which Xmas tho 2015??? Along with re sizeable tables.....
  • edited November 2012
    Just tried iswifter.......it is now free for ten mins per day.....then £2.99 if you want to buy....it seems a lot smoother than photon...

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thinking about an Ipad : What the sky app update?? Which Xmas tho 2015??? Along with re sizeable tables.....
    Posted by donkeyplop
     Do you want to talk to me about resizable tables?--- or do you like your head?