You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Las Vegas

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Ok this might be along shot as its a poker forum, but has anyone been there for other reasons than poker???

i.e going to watch tom jones, penn & teller or just a holiday etc.....

In 2007 before i got the poker bug i was a massive ricky hatton fan, used to watch him at the M.E.N all the time.
Then he decided to go stateside in boston which i went to, it was an all in deal (a pre fight meal etc.... Met steve collins talked to him for ages(he hates don king btw he drew glasses & a tash on a picture of him in my programme book then signed it lol. Went to the after fight party, met ricky he signed afew things for me.

Kinda gone off topic, back to vegas. I went watchin ricky hatton vs Juan Urango in 07 in vegas & didnt play a single hand of poker(didnt know how to back then, sum say still dont). Anyone got interesting storys???.

p.s Still a massive ricky hatton fan but his return im not liking much, sure he can still do it but its for the wrong reasons.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I Visited "Sky Vegas" Once.........

Didn't see any dancing girls.....so promtly left the building :)

Don't think they do weddings either........Shame really, I think the Alderny Gambling Commision should extend their licence to cover these types of events - After all weddings are a bit of a gamble imo :)
  • edited November 2012
    Fook that has been a huge success lol. if the face dont fit etc..... ha
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Las Vegas:
    Ok this might be along shot as its a poker forum, but has anyone been there for other reasons than poker??? i.e going to watch tom jones, penn & teller or just a holiday etc..... In 2007 before i got the poker bug i was a massive ricky hatton fan, used to watch him at the M.E.N all the time. Then he decided to go stateside in boston which i went to, it was an all in deal (a pre fight meal etc.... Met steve collins talked to him for ages(he hates don king btw he drew glasses & a tash on a picture of him in my programme book then signed it lol. Went to the after fight party, met ricky he signed afew things for me. Kinda gone off topic, back to vegas. I went watchin ricky hatton vs Juan Urango in 07 in vegas & didnt play a single hand of poker(didnt know how to back then, sum say still dont). Anyone got interesting storys???. p.s Still a massive ricky hatton fan but his return im not liking much, sure he can still do it but its for the wrong reasons.
    Posted by seppe
    Er...The Rhino?
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Seppe,

I went on a family holiday before I knew how to play Poker with my wife and 2 children or should I say adults as they were 17 and 19 years old ? We stayed at The Mirage (nice hotel) but unfortunately they did treat my kids as children. They allowed us to buy them a coca cola each but would then tell them they could not sit with us in the bar area and had to sit outside the bar !! They were not even allowed to watch me play on a bandit even though they were on the walkway and were told to keep moving. Basically they dont want anyone there who is under 21 and not spending. We still had a great holiday, seeing a couple of shows, car exhibition in the Imperial hotel is superb etc. Im now saving to go back and play poker this time. Its an adults (over 21) holiday in my opinion but Im sure there will be others who disagree ?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Las Vegas:
    In Response to Las Vegas : Er...The Rhino?
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Leave your credit card in your hotel!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Las Vegas : Leave your credit card in your hotel!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    That advice is several years too late!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Las Vegas : Er...The Rhino?
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Plz explain james haha
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Seppe, I went on a family holiday before I knew how to play Poker with my wife and 2 children or should I say adults as they were 17 and 19 years old ? We stayed at The Mirage (nice hotel) but unfortunately they did treat my kids as children. They allowed us to buy them a coca cola each but would then tell them they could not sit with us in the bar area and had to sit outside the bar !! They were not even allowed to watch me play on a bandit even though they were on the walkway and were told to keep moving. Basically they dont want anyone there who is under 21 and not spending. We still had a great holiday, seeing a couple of shows, car exhibition in the Imperial hotel is superb etc. Im now saving to go back and play poker this time. Its an adults (over 21) holiday in my opinion but Im sure there will be others who disagree ?
    Posted by JPW33
    Lol funny story when i was in boston i didnt know about the under 21 rule, so i asked my dad who was 61 at the time to get me a pint, he came back & said "cant get served ive no I.D lmf ao. true story that
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Las Vegas : Lol funny story when i was in boston i didnt know about the under 21 rule, so i asked my dad who was 61 at the time to get me a pint, he came back & said "cant get served ive no I.D lmf ao. true story that
    Posted by seppe
    This is true, you need to carry ID with you everywhere you go in Vegas even if you are CLEARLY over 21, or you wont be allowed to even sit in some bar areas, let alone get served!

Rumour has it even tikay gets asked for ID occasionally! Now that really IS lolable :)