You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Spt Luton structure???

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Can any 1 from sky please let me know what the structure for spt Luton will be please?
Will we be getting more than 5k chips?
I know it's hard as its only a 1 dayer but hoping for more chips and a extra couple of levels, to make it less of a turbo shove fest.

Comments

• edited November 2012

I discussed this with SPT Rich several weeks ago, & I'm pretty sure the plan is to increase the starting stack to either 7,500 or 8,000.

It's a quart into a pint pot thing really, there is only so much play that is possible in a 1 dayer, whichever way you cut it, unless play is to continue until 6am, & we are dead set against that.

I'll speak to Rich & ask him to remind us what the final decision is.

To be fair, even at 5,000 chips, they are intended to be a fun day, & generally are.  

• SPTSPT
    edited November 2012
    It will be 7,500 starting chips

It already has almost all the blind levels in

This will make the tournament a couple of hours longer, but of course will increase the amount of play for those who enter
  • edited November 2012

3 minutes to reply? What kept you? ;)

Really, one day Tourneys are what they are, they need to be played as a one-dayer, & they are a bunch of fun, because you have to put your chips to work, bit like an Online Turbo.

Two day tourneys were almost unheard of when I started playing. Tsk, kids, eh?

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Spt Luton structure???:
    3 minutes to reply? What kept you? ;) Really, one day Tourneys are what they are, they need to be played as a one-dayer, & they are a bunch of fun, because you have to put your chips to work, bit like an Online Turbo. Two day tourneys were almost unheard of when I started playing. Tsk, kids, eh?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks guys, roll on Luton ftw