You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£ound-a-£layer?

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat

Tonight's BANKBUSTER is a HeadHunter, £2.20 to enter.

Bit like a Bounty Hunter, but you get a £uid for EVERY £layer you bust, & you keep the whole £uid.

Starts at 7.30pm.

It is GUARANTEED at £1,000, so needs 500 £layers.

If it gets 750 players, the £rize £ool will be £OUBLED.

Late Reg is for 30 minutes. 

Comments

• edited November 2012

Just the 21 £layers so far.

• edited November 2012

The BANKBUSTER has run for 3 nights so far, & the score is 2-1 to the £layers.

On Monday, the £rize £ool was £OUBLED.

On Tuesday, the £rizepool fell between the Guarantee & the BANKBUSTER threshold, so that was a draw.

On Wednesday, the Tourney failed to make it's Guarantee.

Tonight.......

• edited November 2012

There we go, up to 28 already.
  • edited November 2012

6.25pm Update - 102 runners.

Needs 500 runners to hit the Guarantee.

Needs 750 runners to trigger BANKBUSTER.

The £layers win if it gets less than 500, or more than 750.

• edited November 2012
    cheers Tikay!--looks fun--- never saw it before
  • edited November 2012

Now we are getting there. Ish.

6.40pm - 135 runners.
  • edited November 2012
    Sounds like a game for flo££in flo£wits.

Count me in.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £ound-a-£layer?:
    Sounds like a game for flo££in flo£wits. Count me in.
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Nice one £ez, 153 now, & still 45 minutes to go. 

I reckon it will get about 450. What you reckon? 

• edited November 2012

10 minutes to kick off, 263 runners.

Looks like the Players will take a 3-1 lead......

PS - Late Reg for 30 minutes. ;)

• edited November 2012
    I'm in.  Gotta be more than 450 shirley?
  • edited November 2012
    I'm in.  Gotta be more than 450 shirley?
    Posted by Glenelg
    Well done £ad, take a few heads, £1 a £o£!

It began with 360, but half hour of late reg yet. Can't see the BANKBUSTER £aying out, but the overlay might..... 

• edited November 2012
    Don't wanna be a moaner, and I don't have a problem with Sky running it at all, I think it's great that Sky are trying different things. BUT... when I first looked at this I thought 'ooo that sounds interesting' then I realised, it's like a BH but worse lol.

In BHs 1/2 the prizepool is gone onto heads, which you can get some of but is obviously impossible to ever be in with a chance of getting the same amount you would in a FO... but here, because you are just getting the £1 and there's no rolling heads, the heads are still worth £1 on the FT for instance, so say there's 450 runners, that's £450 of heads, and you'd have to run pretty sick sick sick to get your hands on even £30-£40 of that, so you're kissing goodbye to nearly 50% of the prizepool straight away.
  • edited November 2012
    Don't wanna be a moaner, and I don't have a problem with Sky running it at all, I think it's great that Sky are trying different things. BUT... when I first looked at this I thought 'ooo that sounds interesting' then I realised, it's like a BH but worse lol. In BHs 1/2 the prizepool is gone onto heads, which you can get some of but is obviously impossible to ever be in with a chance of getting the same amount you would in a FO... but here, because you are just getting the £1 and there's no rolling heads, the heads are still worth £1 on the FT for instance, so say there's 450 runners, that's £450 of heads, and you'd have to run pretty sick sick sick to get your hands on even £30-£40 of that, so you're kissing goodbye to nearly 50% of the prizepool straight away.
    Posted by Lambert180
    All noted Paul, but very little suits everyone, & it makes a bit of a change. 

They are just experimenting throughout November, with different stuff aimed at the lower stakes. Some will work, some won't. None will meet with everyone's approval though! 

All the cash remains in the Prize Pool one way or another, it's just that more players get something back. 

• edited November 2012

Oooh, 530 runners now.....

Enjoy!
  • edited November 2012

It eventually got 554 runners. Not so bad, but no overlay, & no BANKBUSTER.

Try again tomorrow.....

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £ound-a-£layer? : Well done £ad, take a few heads, £1 a £o£! It began with 360, but half hour of late reg yet. Can't see the BANKBUSTER £aying out, but the overlay might..... 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Managed 12th for £4.71 & took 5 heads for £5.  BUT more importantly....I had 2 hours £un £or £2!

• edited November 2012
    Whoa!!

12th out of 554 and you turn £2.20 into less than £10. That is what I think the problem is with 50% of the prizepool being over everyone's head.

Can't argue with a few hours fun for £2, but ROI wise, that's shocking for how many runners you beat.