You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"lies, damn lies and online poker statistics"

Anybody unfamiliar with that play on a famous quotation might do well to consider it in terms of the poker provision on this site. For those without an historical axe to grind i would ask why so many people complain about continuous bad beats and variance way outside of probability? I cant be bothered going over old ground but nothing has changed with regard to the exceptionally bad beats and inability to run good on this site. Over the last month i have suffered every conceivable cooler on an almost continual cycle of bad running. It isnt at all probable that bad play can win out regularly and it certainly isnt possible that the best hands can be overturned against statistical probability on a seemingly endless basis.
I could write out a string of endless bad beats and improbable events not least the fact that i have seen enough royal flushes in less than a month to last a years play in all probability. In any poker school you will be advised what not to play and how not to play but on this site particularly such schooling plays absolutely no part whatsoever. It is a site fashioned for gamblers whereby there is no requirement to follow good advice or poker sense because bad play is constantly rewarded and there is no possible protection from such. Variance isnt a strange animal it is something that produces statistical probability and any player worth his salt knows that he cannot be beaten with consistent regularity when the odds are stacked in his favour.
I pray for the day when there is independent scrutiny of all poker sites and all poker software because as things stand there is absolutely no governance beyond the requirements required to gain a license to operate. The dysfunctional software in practice as opposed to a presentation of a product through an accreditted (same snouts in the same trough) tester is no guarantee of fair play and i suspect the truth beyond accreditation is nowhere in line with probability outcomes or genuine variance.
Too much of a bad thing leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth and i give up with this site as have all my poker friends for the same reason. Making profit at any cost by any means is not an acceptable proposition to me personally and it shouldnt be the benchmark for any corporate interest but lies, damn lies and statistics go hand in hand with any business that is hardly or never held to account and especially so within the gambling sector. In my opinion this site is sailing close to the wind for profit and any independent scrutiny of software data would prove that to be the case.