You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

tips for this hand?

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
robbie1992 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £51.50
eagle05 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £57.56
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

kcxyz Fold     
Mflint1982 Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £35.37
sikas Fold     
60nine60 Call  £1.50 £3.75 £62.50
robbie1992 Raise  £5.00 £8.75 £46.50
eagle05 Fold     
Mflint1982 Call  £3.75 £12.50 £31.62
60nine60 Fold     
Flop

• Q

robbie1992 Check     
Mflint1982 Bet  £6.50 £19.00 £25.12
robbie1992 Call  £6.50 £25.50 £40.00
Turn

robbie1992 Check     
Mflint1982 Check     
River

robbie1992 Check     
Mflint1982 Check     
robbie1992 Show
  • K
  • A

Mflint1982 Show

Mflint1982 Win Pair of 6s £24.22  £49.34
I really struggle with ak, i had jsut come on this table and didnt have any reads on this opponent that was in the hand with me  Was pre sizing correct or too big?  Also iv tried to pick my cb's better against opponents as i was wasting too much money and getting in a mess with cb's......hence the reason why i didnt cb aginst ths opponent as i dont no his range or what his capable of doing as i had just come to this game.....when it went showdown i know i should have won this hand...... but at which part and how should i have won this?

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I think the pre flop sizing is fine. if I wasnt gonna cbet this board I would check-fold without even backdoor flush to pray for, and if i was gonna check-fold a dry Q high flop I wouldnt 3bet pre. I probably barrell flop and turn on this board then check fold river. As played take a stab at the river imo.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: tips for this hand?:
    I think the pre flop sizing is fine. if I wasnt gonna cbet this board I would check-fold without even backdoor flush to pray for, and if i was gonna check-fold a dry Q high flop I wouldnt 3bet pre. I probably barrell flop and turn on this board then check fold river. As played take a stab at the river imo.
    Posted by neely0y0
    I know, i played this hand pathetically tbh lol do you do all that even with no reads?
  • edited November 2012
    so u reraise preflop 

and you dont c -bet u check call dnt get this whats your thinking for not c-betting n check calling if u did c-bet this flop i think u would of won the hand u have gave the initative to the opponent to win this hand if u are checking the flop it should be check fold not check call u cant float out of position u will lose so much money like this c -betting is alot better 
  • edited November 2012
    without reads I definitely check fold the turn sometimes, but a queen high flop is more likely to get floated by a medium/small pair for one street suspecting AK, and the heart sucks for those hands as even if they have a heart in their own hand even AK with a single heart just picked up equity so I think I barrell here fairly often, as I obviously would with an overpair/top pair without a heart. 
  • edited November 2012
    lol reading back thats a pretty gross over-use of the word heart I sound like the tin man.
  • edited November 2012
    much rather c-bet 6.50 than call it
  • edited November 2012
    i think by reraising pre then check calling flop and checking down you pretty much turn your hand face up. Agree with above - bet 6.50 rather than check call. If youre going to check the flop then its a check fold for me
  • edited November 2012
    Yep reraise pre to £5 is fine but id definately cbet the flop id bet £8 on the flop into 12.  If we bet less on a dry board like this it gives opponant the opportunity to come back at us thinking were weak.  I think most of the time your cbet will get through here.
  • edited November 2012
    bet £7.45 on the floppy and c/f this turny if he calls. if the turn goes check check, check fold the riva unless he bets like 1bb.
  • edited November 2012
    Sorry didnt see the call behind the original raise so i add a bit onto our raise for that and because were out of position so make it £7 pre.