You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TOTE TEN TO FOLLOW JUMPS 2013

edited April 2013 in Betting Chat
has anyone had a go yet?

im leaving mine as long as possible to end of the week to make sure Pipe is definately going the Paddy Power route with Grand Crus as this is a bonus race, King George also is so hopefully he can oblige in both.

My Ten at the moment would look along the lines of:

Sprinter Sacre
Grand Crus
Grandouet
Bobs Worth
Big Bucks
Hurricane Fly
Darlan
Simonsig
Flemenstar
Last Installment

Big Bucks was questionable for me but i thought like a lemming that everyone else will pick and better to keep tabs with them. World Hurdle scores double, but surely this year will be the year something upsets the 4 time champ??!!!! though ive been thinking that for the past 3 years and nothing catches the eye ante post so hes in.
I also think those of a hurricane Fly persuasion will be dissapointed come March as he will not be regaining his 2011 crown and step forward Grandouet the new Champion 2013 with Darlan following him home.

He has however been included in my 10 due to the fact that the Irish Champion hurdle in Janurary is a bonus race for double points and expect him to win this (unless Mr Henderson sends over any of his) after what should be a successful comeback in the Morigana later this month.

Bobs worth could be a live threat in Gold Cup and as one of the leading antepost fancies for the Hennesy is included with interest.

Simonsig is versatile in regards to which route he goes but im hoping for chasing and the arkle as feel ive enough hurdlers in the 2m division in Grandouet and Darlan, the latter amy also make use of the big handicaps this year and is ante post fav for the Greatwood at end of the month.

Sprinter sacres inclusion speaks for itself and the Irish pair could be exciting back home in the 2m4f - 3m division as well as being potentially interesting raiders come march. Last Installment particularly is one I hope remains with potential after injury last year, and although a risk i struggled to leave him out, hes my pick from Gigginstown hence not picking Sir De Champs! this may however be reviewed as i am quite stubborn at times but its hard to knock the prospects of the ante post gold cup favourite given his 2 festival wins back to back to date.

one that have been difficult to leave out are my old fav Montbazon, really had him down as  a good Arkle prospect but you can get him any price on the machine which suggests to me the niggles hes been having may have been prolonged or that Alan King is destined to remain on the hurdling route (please god no!!!!)

i also see his conquerer in the supreme, McCains Ciners And Ashes , being a main player in whatever route he takes, looking increasingly likely to be the top 2m hurdles races.

if anyone else has had a go who have you picked and whats the reasoning? any dark horses? mine are pretty much the main protagonists but has anyone any dark outsiders on their radar, for both this comp and the season ahead in general??

hopefully if theres anyone who wasnt yet aware of this great comp, its a fiver entrance fee for your stable to win a guarnateed first place prize of a whopping £250,000 now you couldnt be bad to that.

incidentally ,father vaigret has advised that the winner of his naps table will be gauranteed the exact same prize winnings and he will fund this directly from his own pocket, which is a very kind gesture i thought and something else to look forward to : )

Comments

• edited November 2012
    LOL

incidentally ,father vaigret has advised that the winner of his naps table will be gauranteed the exact same prize winnings and he will fund this directly from his own pocket, which is a very kind gesture i thought and something else to look forward to : ) 

YOU ARE A WHEEZE BELL
  • edited November 2012

i thought youd like that one ; )

• edited November 2012
    Hi Bell

As I do a jumps ten to follow most years I couldnt resist it this year as we can now have a battle between ourselves rather than get disillusioned by the end of January.

Here are mine :-

Big Bucks
    Overturn
    Finians Rainbow
    Grand Crus
    Zakander
    Sir Des Champs
    Flemenstar
    Simonsig
    Hunt Ball (my star choice, by the way what is yours Bell)
    Voler de Vedette

I know it hasnt started yet but Flemenstar won easily today when not fully wound up and V de V lost at 1-7 , and the latter will probably be how mine work out. LOL

Anybody else want to join this little comp. You dont have to spend a fiver , just put your selections on here and I will use the points system used on the main site to update here.

Just remember when making your selections they have to be top class horses likely to run in the big races otherwise it will be difficult for me and you would be very unlikely to win anyway.
  • edited November 2012

Simply select 10 horses from the list of 400 horses to compete in the 2012-2013 Jumps Ten to Follow competition which runs from Friday 16th November 2012 to Saturday 6th April 2013.

The season-long competition remains open until midnight on 30th November 2012; however to stand the best chance of winning the life changing prizes on offer, try to get your entries in prior to the first race on Friday 16th November 2012.

prize money points

Selections winning Jump races (under the Rules of Racing in Great Britain or Ireland) during the period of the competition will be awarded points as follows:

ValuePoints
    IN A RACE WORTH £30,000 OR MORE TO THE WINNER25
    IN A RACE WORTH £25,000 UP TO £29,999 TO THE WINNER20
    IN A RACE WORTH £15,000 UP TO £24,999 TO THE WINNER15
    IN A RACE WORTH £10,000 UP TO £14,999 TO THE WINNER12
    IN A RACE WORTH LESS THAN £10,000 TO THE WINNER10

Prize money will be taken as the published racecard Penalty Value to the winner. For races in Ireland, prize money published in Euro will be converted to Sterling at the official conversion rate of €1.25 to £1 as of 22nd September 2012.

In the event of a dead-heat, points will be divided by the number of horses dead-heating with fractions rounded down. No points for a walkover. The official result on the day will be used for the calculation of points with any subsequent disqualifications disregarded.

bonus race points

An additional 25 points will be awarded to the winner and 12 points to the runner-up in each of the following races:

RaceCourse & date
    PADDY POWER GOLD CUPCHELTENHAM, 17 NOVEMBER 2012
    HENNESSY GOLD CUP CHASENEWBURY, 1 DECEMBER 2012
    INTERNATIONAL HURDLECHELTENHAM, 15 DECEMBER 2012
    WILLIAM HILL KING GEORGE VI CHASEKEMPTON PARK, 26 DECEMBER 2012
    IRISH CHAMPION HURDLELEOPARDSTOWN, 27 JANUARY 2013
    IRISH HENNESSY GOLD CUPLEOPARDSTOWN, 10 FEBRUARY 2013
    STAN JAMES CHAMPION HURDLECHELTENHAM, 12 MARCH 2013
    RACING POST ARKLE CHALLENGE TROPHYCHELTENHAM, 12 MARCH 2013
    SPORTINGBET.COM QUEEN MOTHER CHAMPION CHASECHELTENHAM, 13 MARCH 2013
    RSA CHASECHELTENHAM, 13 MARCH 2013
    LADBROKES WORLD HURDLECHELTENHAM, 14 MARCH 2013
    RYANAIR CHASECHELTENHAM, 14 MARCH 2013
    BETFRED CHELTENHAM GOLD CUPCHELTENHAM, 15 MARCH 2013
    JOHN SMITH'S AINTREE HURDLEAINTREE, 6 APRIL 2013
    JOHN SMITH'S GRAND NATIONALAINTREE, 6 APRIL 2013
  • edited November 2012
    You also need to name a star horse and you get bonus points for the tote odds they win at.
  • edited November 2012
    mine is grandouet - given its the price that you get the bonus for i think he will win regualrly and never really go off below the 3/1 mark, thats the dream anyway!!!

ive yet to finaslise my stable, might do 2, i like the way where you cant do perms anymore, the hardened syndacites who could before pick a stable of 14 or whatever may not be as happy but it makes it better for the comp as a whole imo!

i did a previous thread re paddy power next sat and had it as hunt ball and grand crus, with biggish preference for the latter. ive now decided (and no way linked with you picking him as your star, honest!!!) to leave hunt ball out of my calculations. id said 'i will not even look at any others than these 2 as theres no point, yet i did and walkon has really caught the eye as looking well handicapped, surely better than 143, and well handicapped horses win this race! in the top 4 antepost also which helps as fancied horses go in here year after year as well

grand crus could still be really special, if hes come on again he can win, but with kings stable in top form (albeit Smad Place dissapointed) i could be tempted to look elsewhere after all
  • edited November 2012
    I think you've nailed it gents!
    I've done 5 lines

Grand Crus
    Big Bucks
    Sir des Champs
    Sprinter Sacre
    On his own
    Flemenstar
    Zarkandar
    Cristal Bonus
    as bankers

Then I've combined the following for the final two selections

Five Dream
    Mr Moonshine
    Oscar whisky
    Champion Court
    Vendor
    Ballabriggs
    Pepite Rose
    Simonsig
    Darlan
    Grandouet

Probably a silly move but I've Starred Grand Crus in every line
  • edited November 2012
    Silviniaco  XXXXStar
    Fingal Bay
    Hinterland
    Dodging Bullets
    Kauto Stone
    Cristal Bonus
    Zarkander
    Get Me Out Of Here
    My Tent Or Yours
    Clondaw Kaempfer
  • edited November 2012
    To do well in this competition you need to bag the bonus point races. So you need to include some of the obvious ones, but also need to go 'left field' and try and pick a couple of well h'cpd horses and bag the big h'cps that carry bonuses.
  • edited November 2012
    i like my tent or yours for the supreme think it might get AP off fellow JP McManus inmate Waheeb which i know Joesman is keen on, its the coming back from injury thing for me as i was keen on him last year my tent or yours really caught my eye as a big strong machine, for the purpose of this comp ive not picked any novice hurdlers as no bonus races

cleansweep, i like the way youve picked solid 8 then added the others in lines, could do something similar if decided to go more than 2 lines

joesman yes the big handicaps are key and usually more cut and dry than the big fancies so walkon could be introduced for a stable, along with vaigrets fave Hold on Julio

ive noticed im the only one of the 4 to put up the Fly!!! and thats after declaring he wont win come march!!!!! but morigana and at least the irish hurdle in jan will be 75 points , id be interested if people think he has competition in these, could go native make an exceptional comeback? surely other than him then only a raider could prize the irish champ hurdle from mullins' star?

just watched the playback of flemenstar this afternoon lol my word. my goodness. what a horse hes gonna be BIG in the 2 and a half to 3 m division in ireland. youd think hed want it soft but if i sooooo want peter casey to send him over the water in march. very very impressed

• edited November 2012
    Hi all

Lot of interest in this and I will try and keep you all up to date on here as we go along. If I make any mistakes let me know.

Father V
  • edited November 2012
    Cleensweep so I dont have to deal with all your five entries for this little in house comp, howabout picking just one of your lines for this fun comp between ourselves.

Father V
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: TOTE TEN TO FOLLOW JUMPS 2013:
    Cleensweep so I dont have to deal with all your five entries for this little in house comp, howabout picking just one of your lines for this fun comp between ourselves. Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    OOPs!
    Note to self! "must concentrate before posting!" LOL

Grand Crus
    Big Bucks
    Sir des Champs
    Sprinter Sacre
    On his own
    Flemenstar
    Zarkandar
    Cristal Bonus
    Vendor
    Five Dream

Above is my best attempt!
  • edited November 2012
    Hi all Lot of interest in this and I will try and keep you all up to date on here as we go along. If I make any mistakes let me know. Father V
    Posted by vaigret

Father V is there any chance we could all just submit ONE TEAM to you so we can run our own little contest, run exactly along the lines of the Racing Post one? Would be ideal if we could all transfer a tenner to you and be given to the winner, but not sure how we could do this.

Btw your horse has just past the winning post at Thirsk. Only took it 24 and 1/2  years to cover the 12 furlongs lol. 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: TOTE TEN TO FOLLOW JUMPS 2013 : Father V is there any chance we could all just submit ONE TEAM to you so we can run our own little contest, run exactly along the lines of the Racing Post one? Would be ideal if we could all transfer a tenner to you and be given to the winner, but not sure how we could do this. Btw your horse has just past the winning post at Thirsk. Only took it 24 and 1/2  years to cover the 12 furlongs lol. 
    Posted by joesman1
    24 and a half years, seems like a lifetime joesman. We did have some winners when I was an owner one of them Tyrnippy beat a horse that came third in the Derby and nothing better than being in the winners enclosure at Haydock when Rockmartin won a race at 20-1. Unfortunately Vaigret had the weight of me naming it and couldnt handle that LOL.

As with our little contest I think the £10 transfer would be too difficult but as I said I am happy to run our little contest.   
  • edited November 2012
    As far as I know the entrants so far are:-

Ten to Follow –Sky Poker Comp Entries.

Bellpoker

Vaigret

Cleansweep

Wynne1938

Grandouet *

Hunt Ball *

Grand Crus *

Silvianaco Conti * 

Sprinter Sacre

Big Bucks

Big Bucks

Zarkander 

Grand Crus

Overturn

Sir Des Champs

Cristal Bonus 

Bobs Worth

Finians Rainbow

Sprinter Sacre

Fingal Bay

Big Bucks

Grand Crus

On His Own

Hinterland

Hurricane Fly

Zarkander

FlemenstarDodging Bullets 

Darlan

Sir Des ChampsZarkander

Kauto Stone

Simonsig

Flemenstar

Cristal Bonus

Get me out of here 

Flemenstar

Simonsig

Vendor

My Tent or yours 
    Last InstallmentVoler D Volette

Five Dream

Clondaw Kaempfer 
  • edited November 2012
    Silviniaco  XXXXStar Fingal Bay Hinterland Dodging Bullets Kauto Stone Cristal Bonus Zarkander Get Me Out Of Here My Tent Or Yours Clondaw Kaempfer
    Posted by wynne1938
    wynne do you want to stick with Hinterland and Clondaw Kaempler which are not part of 400 horses and will make it difficult for me to keep track or put a couple up who are in 400 horses named. Go to https://www.totesport.com/portal?action=GoFantasy&game=ttf&tab=FA

to find list 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: TOTE TEN TO FOLLOW JUMPS 2013 : wynne do you want to stick with Hinterland and Clondaw Kaempler which are not part of 400 horses and will make it difficult for me to keep track or put a couple up who are in 400 horses named. Go to https://www.totesport.com/portal?action=GoFantasy&game=ttf&tab=FA to find list 
    Posted by vaigret
    You can change Clondaw Kaempfer to Balthazar King please.

Leave Hinterland in as he is running in the cheltenham featival this weekend.
    Cannot understand why he is not on the list!
  • edited November 2012
    i still need to confirm mine!!!! ; )  though it wont look too disimilar but might be slightly tweaked. if anyone has any injury update news on last installment itd be much appreciated ive typed all sorts of things into search engines and havent got any results back as to the horses welfare / plans
  • edited November 2012
    BIG BUCKS
    BOSTON BOB
    BURTON PORT
    CRISTAL BONUS
    CUE CARD
    GRAND CRUS
    KID CASSIDY
    MARASONNIEN
    SIR DES CHAMPS
    ZARKANDAR

Any thoughts on my selections? Are we going to form a syndicate?
    Should anyone watch the Australian racing, Goodwood Atlantis has been sold to C Waller and is currently having an operation which will improve his performances by over a stone.
    Does anyone know where you can back Australian racing in the UK?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: TOTE TEN TO FOLLOW JUMPS 2013 : You can change Clondaw Kaempfer to Balthazar King please. Leave Hinterland in as he is running in the cheltenham featival this weekend. Cannot understand why he is not on the list!
    Posted by wynne1938
    ok changed to Baltazr King and I will try and keep track of Hinterland over the season.
  • edited November 2012
    i still need to confirm mine!!!! ; )  though it wont look too disimilar but might be slightly tweaked. if anyone has any injury update news on last installment itd be much appreciated ive typed all sorts of things into search engines and havent got any results back as to the horses welfare / plans
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    ok Bell but whatever team I have for you posted before the closing date will be your team.

OK?.
  • edited November 2012
    BIG BUCKS BOSTON BOB BURTON PORT CRISTAL BONUS CUE CARD GRAND CRUS KID CASSIDY MARASONNIEN SIR DES CHAMPS ZARKANDAR Any thoughts on my selections? Are we going to form a syndicate? Should anyone watch the Australian racing, Goodwood Atlantis has been sold to C Waller and is currently having an operation which will improve his performances by over a stone. Does anyone know where you can back Australian racing in the UK?
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    you are entered Dunmidosh, which is your star horse please
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: TOTE TEN TO FOLLOW JUMPS 2013 : you are entered Dunmidosh, which is your star horse please
    Posted by vaigret
    Cristal Bonus please Father
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: TOTE TEN TO FOLLOW JUMPS 2013 : ok changed to Baltazr King and I will try and keep track of Hinterland over the season.
    Posted by vaigret
    Thanks Father!
  • edited November 2012
    all above sorted
    latest entrants are:-

Ten to Follow –Sky Poker Comp Entries.

Bellpoker

Vaigret

Cleansweep

Wynne1938

Dunmidosh

Grandouet *

Hunt Ball *

Grand Crus *

Silvianaco Conti *

Cristal Bonus*

Sprinter Sacre

Big Bucks

Big Bucks

Zarkander

Boston Bob

Grand Crus

Overturn

Sir Des Champs

Cristal Bonus

Burton Port

Bobs Worth

Finians Rainbow

Sprinter Sacre

Fingal Bay

Big Bucks

Big Bucks

Grand Crus

On His Own

Hinterland

Cue Card

Hurricane Fly

Zarkander

Flemenstar

Dodging Bullets

Grand Crus

Darlan

Sir Des Champs

Zarkander

Kauto Stone

Kid Cassidy

Simonsig

Flemenstar

Cristal Bonus

Get me out of here

Marasonnien

Flemenstar

Simonsig

Vendor

My Tent or yoursSir Des Champs
    Last InstallmentVoler D Volette

Five Dream

Balthazar King

Zakander

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: TOTE TEN TO FOLLOW JUMPS 2013 : ok changed to Baltazr King and I will try and keep track of Hinterland over the season.
    Posted by vaigret

Lol Mr Wynne keeping Father V on his toes.
  • edited November 2012
    bl oody right joesman, always one who will test my good nature
  • edited November 2012
    Sprinter Sacre*
    Gran Crus
    Sir Des Champs
    Big Bucks
    Darlan
    Al Ferof
    Zarkandar
    Hurricane Fly
    Fingal Bay
    Simonsig
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: TOTE TEN TO FOLLOW JUMPS 2013 : ok Bell but whatever team I have for you posted before the closing date will be your team.   OK?.
    Posted by vaigret
    im not overly fussed with the forum comp i just meant theoretically for the main comp that wasnt my finalised team!!!  you can post that one up for this thats fine