You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This stuff is making me really not enjoy my poker

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
robbie1992 Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £74.11
RemyMartin Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £113.14
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

kennamas28 Raise  £5.00 £6.50 £51.71
louisville Fold     
Mad_Nick Fold     
s_half9 Fold     
robbie1992 All-in  £74.11 £80.61 £0.00
RemyMartin Fold     
kennamas28 All-in  £51.71 £132.32 £0.00
robbie1992 Unmatched bet  £17.90 £114.42 £17.90
robbie1992 Show
  • K
  • A

kennamas28 Show
  • Q

Flop

• A

Turn

River

kennamas28 Win Three 8s £112.62  £112.62
Really not enjoying my poker lately. constant bad beats, constant poor hands and when i get monsters i never get paided of, finding it really hard lately :(

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I dont understand this i want this call everyday!

Yea you lost this one but in the long run your gunna win this so many times than you lose.

Wer just unlucky to lose this one thats all
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: This stuff is making me really not enjoy my poker:
    I dont understand this i want this call everyday! Yea you lost this one but in the long run your gunna win this so many times than you lose. Wer just unlucky to lose this one thats all
    Posted by kidwiz10
    Don't get why people say this...

It's not everyday you get q8 to go all in vs you, so in the long turn it's hardly gonna happen.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: This stuff is making me really not enjoy my poker:
    In Response to Re: This stuff is making me really not enjoy my poker : Don't get why people say this... It's not everyday you get q8 to go all in vs you, so in the long turn it's hardly gonna happen.
    Posted by JSTFLIPPIN

+1 to the above. Many people say  "in the long run you want people calling with this hand to beat that hand". The absolutely massive flaw in this argument and in the whole mathematics of it is that, yes, if you are called by this a million times AK will win more, but the fact is that it will be a rare occurence. 
  • edited November 2012
    If this is a cash game why are you so happy to get it all in with AKs anyway. IMO that is a MTT play not a Cash one where equity is key. Not knowing the dynamics how could you reraise all in when he 5x BB preflop from UTG? i think a reraise may of been in order but he either had you well beat or was a coin flip "normally" in my experience. At 100NL you should be getting regs (i dont play sky v often, so sorry if wrong) and your play seems v hard to comprehend if you intermediate wihout any information on the villan.
  • edited November 2012
    Robbie,
    i understand your frustration,really i do.
    you got unlucky here.
    going all-in anytime pre-flop is a risk,especially with just ace high.
    going all-in with even AA doesn't mean you will win.
    this hand above is just one example of why i have chosen not to play cash.
    if losing just one single all-in hurts you,then u r playing outside your b/roll.
    i lose hundreds of hands every night playing 9+ dym tables,and although i'm never happy at losing a hand when i am a 60/40 + fav,i have learnt to accept it,and move on to the next one.

it's all about consistency and the long run for me.losing 1 hand or losing 1 session doesn't really matter.
    if i can win money month after month,then i'm happy,no matter how much.
    i'm looking to improve like yourself and many others i guess.
    but it can be a long process,where you will often be paying for your progress,as i have done,and as you have here.
    my advice,for what it's worth;if you want to continue playing cash,drop levels,learn to beat that level and work your way up to the 'nose bleed' levels.then at least when this kind of thing happens,you will be able to 'deal' with it.

best wishes,
    dev