You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£30 a week

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Hi All
Been playing poker a while now with not much success decided to Set myself a target playing DYMs. I started with £10 today and want to make £30 profit a week for a month. I intend to forget about C4Ps and concentrate on making a small bit of cash. I will play £2 DYMs until i lose one then go onto £3 DYMs until a lose then £5 DYM until a lose. Then back to £2 DYMs. Started this morning have won 4 £2 DYMS in a row. Will stop at £30 profit if i get there before the week is over. Then start again next Sunday.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Good luck Spinky.
  • edited November 2012
    Cheers Dagamit.
    First full day won 7 £2 DYMS in a row. Lost on the 8th. On to £3 DYMs today.

Day 1 + £12.73
  • edited November 2012
    good luck spinky.

off to a flying start.
    i'm sure you can do it.
    don't get to greedy though moving up levels to quickly,as each level does get progressively harder,especially once you get to the £5 level,trust me i know.
    sounds like you have come up with a great strategy though,should be interesting to see if you stick with it.

i turned £40 into £1000 in 4&1/2 months quite recently so it can definitely be done.
    best of luck fellow dym..er.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £30 a week:
    good luck spinky. off to a flying start. i'm sure you can do it. don't get to greedy though moving up levels to quickly,as each level does get progressively harder,especially once you get to the £5 level,trust me i know. sounds like you have come up with a great strategy though,should be interesting to see if you stick with it. i turned £40 into £1000 in 4&1/2 months quite recently so it can definitely be done. best of luck fellow dym..er. (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    True, gonna always copy your challenge but from £140 - £1000, not sure what BRM to use and what games I should be playing tho ;(
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £30 a week:
    In Response to Re: £30 a week : True, gonna always copy your challenge but from £140 - £1000, not sure what BRM to use and what games I should be playing tho ;(
    Posted by JSTFLIPPIN
    hi JSTFLIPPIN,
    not quite sure if u r thinking of trying it or not,but i'll try and give some help anyways.
    the early stage is obviously when you are most at risk,so i played just £1 and £2 games.
    after just 2 weeks i see from looking at my diary,i started to then play some£3 games when my b/roll was at £66.
    must have been running good 'cos in 4 days it went up to £120.
    then looking back now,i made the mistake of playing some £5 games.
    what i should have done was to carry on playing the £2's and £3's.
    after 2 months of hard grinding my b/roll was at £117, i was now also playing 12 tables.
    then July i decided to just play £3 games only,and on the 26th my b/roll was £403.
    then i made another massive error,played the £5's again,and b/roll fell to £297 in 4 days.
    August came around now playing just £3's again,by the 25th my b/roll was £699.
    into September still playing just £3's on the 20th my little sis's birthday,had a £55 day,bringing my challenge to the end.b/roll £1,069.18  hoooray.  lol
    so,from all that...
    my advice;play £1's and £2's to start
    then bring in some £3's.do not play any £5's as this level is a completely different game,trust me.
    another important factor is how many tables to play.
    i would say 6 should be just about the minimum but ideally 9.
    i found playing 12 to 15 quite comfortable up to the £3 level.
    c4p made me just over £300 on my challenge.

now  i am finally playing the £5 level usually 4 or 5 tables with the remainder being £3 making it up to 9 tables in total.

hope that might be of some use.
    best wishes
    dev

ps,just noticed that you are thinking of it, starting at £140.
    so,just go for it straight away playing the £3 games,with maybe a few £2's to keep things steady.
    if you are comfortable playing the £5 level and above, then scrap all my advice,you don't need it.
    if you drop back to say below £100 then maybe you'd have to think about dropping a level back to the £2's.
    if at any stage you run bad which i'm fairly sure will happen at some point,drop a level for a few days until it passes.
    gl
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks for the advice Devon.
    I'm only starting each week with £10 when its gone its gone.
    Day 2
    Won 3 £3 DYMs Lost 1
    Lost a £5 DYM
    Won 1 and lost 1 £2 DYM
    Lost £3.90 on the day.
    Up £8.83 in total.
  • edited November 2012
    Day 3
    Won 2 £3 DYMs Lost 1
    Won 1 £5 DYM
    Won £6 on the day.
    Total up £14.83
  • edited November 2012
    Enjoying the read Spinks! GL
  • edited November 2012
    Cheers Gleelg
    Day 4 Played 2 £5 DYMs won 1 lost 1 then played 2 £2 DYMs won 1 lost won. So day 4 lost £1.50.
    Not a good day was watching football couldn't get into Poker, Not sure i'm going to make my £30 target for this week because i won't be playing tomorrow as i'm out for the evening. Never mind still in profit i need a run of consecutive winning games. Stating on £3 DYMS tonight.