You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A 'run it twice' button?!! thoughts...

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
I have played on a couple of sites that off you a run it twice button, if both players are all in like you see on the HSP series. Thought it was really good and reduced the variance a little.

Anyone think that it would be a good idea on sky ?

Comments

• edited November 2012
    it's ok.

not important at all though, and probably doesn't even make the top 100 priorities
  • edited November 2012
    Thank you for your thoughts Percy.
  • edited November 2012
    I'd like to see it :-)
  • edited November 2012
    Not a massive fan as it only slows the games down.
  • edited November 2012
    I'm not entirely sure what actually happens when a hand gets "run twice" but from what i saw on a tv poker game the other day it only benifited the guy that was behind at the time giving him an extra chance to survive
  • edited November 2012
    Basically if you win both you win all of the pot. Win one each you share the pot.
  • edited November 2012
    i assume both players have to agree? i dont think i like it If i've got the best hand i only want to defend it once, if i lose i lose thats poker, i suppose if its good if im chasing a flush or a straight though
  • edited November 2012

I don't see the point.......it was only invented because the degens on telly think they are big playing for a 500k pot then after losing a few decided run it twice........why would you want to run it twice when a big favourite in a massive pot?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: A 'run it twice' button?!! thoughts...:
    I don't see the point.......it was only invented because the degens on telly think they are big playing for a 500k pot then after losing a few decided run it twice........why would you want to run it twice when a big favourite in a massive pot?
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Just keeps the variance down. A lot of times you're happy taking the extra money in the pot even if you chop a pot you 'should' have won, etc.

Personally (without my Sky work top on), I don't think it would be a great idea. Slows the game down too much and would only really apply to pots of value over £X. Who decides how much X is? That amount could be tiny to some players and entire bankrolls to others. 

Just my view, anyway :)
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    You run it twice/three times w/e because no one is a big fav - normally in flipping situations -
    No one really wants to flip for large sums of money -

no need for it at all

sometimes they will run it three/four times if someone is a underdog and they want to even it up a little
    think there was a classic one with hellmouth v amatuer ,where hellmouht flopped trips or something and the amatuer held KK - think they run it four times to give the amatuer a better chance lols
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: A 'run it twice' button?!! thoughts... :  Slows the game down too much and would only really apply to pots of value over £X. Who decides how much X is? That amount could be tiny to some players and entire bankrolls to others. 
    Posted by Sky_Dave

Nail on Head.