You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i avoid using cash tables in the evening

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #585683446 (15:52 12/11/2012)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
craigcu12 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.43
Seaspirit Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.07
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

reap_sow Fold     
____626 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.52
Koko_one Fold     
jamboGJ Fold     
craigcu12 Raise  £0.28 £0.38 £1.15
Seaspirit Fold     
____626 All-in  £3.52 £3.90 £0.00
craigcu12 All-in  £1.15 £5.05 £0.00
____626 Unmatched bet  £2.11 £2.94 £2.11
craigcu12 Show
  • Q
  • Q

____626 Show
  • A

Flop

• A
  • J

Turn

River

____626 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 9s £2.71
when i am seeing people go all in with hand such as A3 suited it really does frustraight me and because i don't have too much to spare i would like to know is it the fact the cash table i am on might look like it is not much so is worth risking anything or do a lot of beginners start to play around the evening.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    The ace actually hits more often in the morning than in the evening.

Combine that with the fact that you want to play versus professionals not amateurs and i'd say the answer to the thread title is no.

With all honesty with 30bb, QQ and it being NL4, if you posted that he had AA i'd still say well played nh. 
  • edited November 2012
    learn as much as you can at that level, then when you are ready to play poker invest 100, 200 or whatever you can afford, learn BRM and go from there... and never play nl4 seriously ever again :)
  • edited November 2012
    It's been unanimously proven that you can't beat NL4 by playing properly. The only way to beat it is by joining the spazes and 3-bet shoving 50BBs with KJo. Nobody can beat these players who shove pre with A3s (not even Tintin) so the only thing to do is shove pre with every hand untill you have the bankroll to play NL20.

Seriously though. Buy in for the max and fist-pump call everytime with when you get shoved on QQ. You want this type of thing to happen (people jamming when you hold QQ). So if it happens more often in the evening, play more in the evening.
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah I've learnt not to play the same when playing micros, feel like have to set mine with queens instead of 3betting, also raising 5x pre sometimes work.
  • edited November 2012
    i have looked at my history in my account and noticed that most tables i join from midnight i have made profit.
    do beginner not very often stay up that late?
  • edited November 2012
    All beginners are banned from 2/4 cash after midnight.
  • edited November 2012
    I did wonder why I couldn't find any nl4 tables right now...
  • edited November 2012
    Blimey everyones had a few spoon fulls of sarcasm with there coffees.