You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

have some pot limit tables with blinds of 0.02/4p

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
not everyone can go onto the bigger tables some of us need to remain on the micro cash tables but the problem with them tables is so people are greedy or don't know enough about poker so go all in with any two cards which are suited or connected and every week i'm getting more suspitious that rubbish hands are the most likely winner.
i don't want to blame sky in anyway all i'm asking for is some tables on the micro limits which have pot limit i just can't stand loosing so much to these flush hands while i had QQ
here is a example of what i am getting at
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
craigcu12 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.43
Seaspirit Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.07
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

reap_sow Fold     
____626 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.52
Koko_one Fold     
jamboGJ Fold     
craigcu12 Raise  £0.28 £0.38 £1.15
Seaspirit Fold     
____626 All-in  £3.52 £3.90 £0.00
craigcu12 All-in  £1.15 £5.05 £0.00
____626 Unmatched bet  £2.11 £2.94 £2.11
craigcu12 Show
  • Q
  • Q

____626 Show
  • A

Flop

• A
  • J

Turn

River

____626 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 9s £2.71  £4.82

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Yeah lets play pot limit cos we don't wanna get it all in pre as about 75-80% favourite :)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to have some pot limit tables with blinds of 0.02/4p:
    not everyone can go onto the bigger tables some of us need to remain on the micro cash tables but the problem with them tables is so people are greedy or don't know enough about poker so go all in with any two cards which are suited or connected and every week i'm getting more suspitious that rubbish hands are the most likely winner. i don't want to blame sky in anyway all i'm asking for is some tables on the micro limits which have pot limit i just can't stand loosing so much to these flush hands while i had QQ here is a example of what i am getting at

This is exactly what we want! You just got unlucky this time, keep getting it in good & you'll be fine :)

• edited November 2012
    i resisted the temptation to post to you when you posted this hand in the clinic but feel ive got to now.

why do you want to play pot limit when people are more than willing to put most/all their stack with junky hands like above when your holding premiums preflop. the odds say your going to win a large % of the time and make a chunk of money in the process. of course there is going to be outdraws and this is 1 of them, but you got to get used to it, the odds say you lose x% so its bound to happen from time to time.

having pot limit wont stop these type of players, they would just continously hit pot button pre n before you know it it would be in anyway.

the hand you have shown was played ok, only bad thing was you were short. if possible you want to be full stacked (100bb) or close to.

there is plenty of money to be made v these players, i should know i have won £k's from them this year alone at nl4. you just got to play a solid steady game and not look at short term results but long term.

dont confuse yourself about being rolled for bigger games and you will get less outdraws, it happens at all levels. and also you want to be playing players who you have an edge on, not against players who will beat u up long term
  • edited November 2012
    what i am starting to think then is rather than having a £5 weekly limit could it be better if i had a 25 monthly limit and just put it all in together then if i loose it put a cool down for the rest of the month.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: have some pot limit tables with blinds of 0.02/4p:
    what i am starting to think then is rather than having a £5 weekly limit could it be better if i had a 25 monthly limit and just put it all in together then if i loose it put a cool down for the rest of the month.
    Posted by craigcu12
    no. definitely don't do this.

Have you tried different type of games?

Sit and goes? 

They will make your money last longer, and you wont have to reload as much or as often.