You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

game type

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
hi all. for ages ans ages i ave played  everything on the site , mtts , dyms , cashh , hu cash , hu sng's , the lot. Recently i have been thinking tht i want to concentrate on one game type as i feeel it will be more profitable. when i ply cash nd have  bad sesssion or evrn just lose a buy in , i will go and play dyms or load up a tourny and i think jumping frm game to game isnt really doing me any favours. wht advice woud u give for selecting a game ? i enjoy playing al but cnt decide ! wt factors would u consider when deciding??? Thanks

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I've done exactly the same thing, you should see how many times I've chopped and changed what my latest challenge is in my diary.

The best advice I think is to choose the format you enjoy playing the most, then get very good at it. But I would say it's a good idea to mix the odd different game in.

When I do things, I tend to go full-on into it 100% so I've done cash and played nothing but cash night and noon, and I've played Hu SnGs and done them nothing but night and day and it inevitably results in you getting a bit burnt out and sick of that format. So if you choose cash for instance, that's fine but just play the odd MTT or the odd SnG every now and then to avoid becoming a robot.
  • edited November 2012

I would suggest follow the cash game route.
     The best way to a steady return and the ability to learn at the bottom and work your way up. 
     I also believe that if you become proficient at cash you can transfer a lot of the techniques to MTT's whereas if you learn MTT play the skills are less transferable to the cash game arena.
     Which ever you try GL.
  • edited November 2012
    I have the same problem...

I feel that DYM's/cash are the most profitable though, I mean if you wanna play a mtt for 3-4 hours then to be knocked out on the button by some idiot calling an all in with KJ then cool.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: game type:
    I've done exactly the same thing, you should see how many times I've chopped and changed what my latest challenge is in my diary. The best advice I think is to choose the format you enjoy playing the most, then get very good at it. But I would say it's a good idea to mix the odd different game in. When I do things, I tend to go full-on into it 100% so I've done cash and played nothing but cash night and noon, and I've played Hu SnGs and done them nothing but night and day and it inevitably results in you getting a bit burnt out and sick of that format. So if you choose cash for instance, that's fine but just play the odd MTT or the odd SnG every now and then to avoid becoming a robot.
    Posted by Lambert180

cheersmate, yh goiing to have a week off and have a think but im leaning towards grinding  SNG'S and mtt's.  yhi keep an eye on your diary, your doing well pal, swings in hypers are brutalll though
  • edited November 2012
     I would suggest follow the cash game route.  The best way to a steady return and the ability to learn at the bottom and work your way up.   I also believe that if you become proficient at cash you can transfer a lot of the techniques to MTT's whereas if you learn MTT play the skills are less transferable to the cash game arena.  Which ever you try GL.
    Posted by 68Trebor

yes very true mate , thanksa lot
  • edited November 2012
    I have the same problem... I feel that DYM's/cash are the most profitable though, I mean if you wanna play a mtt for 3-4 hours then to be knocked out on the button by some idiot calling an all in with KJ then cool.
    Posted by JSTFLIPPIN

cheers for reply mate!yh thts the thing i tried weking out hwprofitable dymsare , i based it all on 1.15 dyms and it is soo tricky to make a decenet profit! i only have a laptop and can 4 table max , and i would have to play sooooooooooo many in order to earn enough c4p.