You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

worst adverts on tv or radio?

edited January 2010 in The Shed
Adverts tend to be annoying at the best of times, but some simply take the biscuit! 

I cannot stand the advert that is running just now warning us of the pitfalls of buying medicines online.  You know the one... a guy pops a pill, then proceeds to pull a dead rat from his mouth.  Hate it!

What other adverts get under peoples skin?  lets see if any patterns emerge...

Ray

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Go Compare!
    That fella is so annoying, the missus kids all dive for the mute button when the ad comes on
  • edited November 2009

This isnt just any forum post . this is a Marks&Spencers forum post

oh and

i want to pooo at pauls house

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: worst adverts on tv or radio?:
    Go Compare! That fella is so annoying, the missus kids all dive for the mute button when the ad comes on
    Posted by booboo69
    I would NEVER even consider going to their website purely because of this advert. Unfortunately if it comes on when my 18 month daughter's in the room I have to watch it cos she loves it, any other time the mute button is hit quicker than a speeding bullet!
  • edited November 2009
    This isnt just any forum post . this is a Marks&Spencers forum post oh and i want to pooo at pauls house
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WANT TO SLAP THAT KID AND TELL HIM TO F OFF TO PAULS HOUSE
  • edited November 2009
    I REALLY HATE THAT DOUBLEGLAZING ONE I SAY YE BUY ONE YE GET OF FREE I SAY YOU BUY ONE YOU GET ONE FREE. CANT REMEMBER WHO ITS FOR BUT REG HOLDWORTH USED TO DO IT 
  • edited November 2009
    Pauls house is the worse, i also hate that stupid howard on the halifax.
  • edited November 2009
    Trebor - We're going to make a gum

Good for them, what a pants advert.
  • edited November 2009
    What's REALLY annoying is how they had to change the words to the recently revived Milky Way ad.

And I'm stuck with that song in my head now.... "The red car and the blue car had a race.."
  • edited November 2009
    that cadburys ad those 2 kids do my head in nd the music meks it even worse
  • edited November 2009
    What's REALLY annoying is how they had to change the words to the recently revived Milky Way ad. And I'm stuck with that song in my head now.... "The red car and the blue car had a race.."
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Why did they change the words? I'm sure it used to be "But smart old blue he took the Milky way" now it's good old blue.
  • edited November 2009
    Definitly Go Compare or any advert on TalkSport
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: worst adverts on tv or radio? : I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WANT TO SLAP THAT KID AND TELL HIM TO F OFF TO PAULS HOUSE
    Posted by BADBOY985
    I'd make him cr@p himself, annoying little pon ce, wanting to go to Pauls just cos they've got a Glade Touch and Fresh.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: worst adverts on tv or radio? : Why did they change the words? I'm sure it used to be "But smart old blue he took the Milky way" now it's good old blue.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    PC gone mad!

Because you're not allowed to call him "smart" for eating a choc bar or say it won't spoil your appetite.
  • edited November 2009
    lol great responses.

i hate the go compare one too, so glad that was mentioned. the meerkat ones are better, so thats my preferred comparrison site.

I also hate the newer cadbury advert with the big head with cocoa beans. it just bugs me. And on the radio, I am sick of the autoglass adverts, with keith or kevin or whatever his name is... And the garmin adverts with the stupid song.  I'm going to get a tomtom just to spite them!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: worst adverts on tv or radio? : I'd make him cr@p himself, annoying little pon ce, wanting to go to Pauls just cos they've got a Glade Touch and Fresh.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    and the way they 'sniff' the air afterwards makes me wanna puke!
  • edited November 2009
    I REALLY HATE THAT DOUBLEGLAZING ONE I SAY YE BUY ONE YE GET OF FREE I SAY YOU BUY ONE YOU GET ONE FREE. CANT REMEMBER WHO ITS FOR BUT REG HOLDWORTH USED TO DO IT 
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Yeah i know the one, the balding long haired bloke pushing the windows over like he is well hard

il give him one for free too if he ever tried selling me windows like that
  • edited November 2009
    I hate all the ringtone ones on the music channels!!

"Get these cool tones for your phone ... for Hey Girl, You betta' check your text... send FUN1 to double 8 triple 8"

and all them text your post code to blah blah and speak to hot fit girls in your area!!... they obviously haven't been to North Wales and if they class Liverpool as "local" have you ever seen a fit scouser after shes opened her mouth? they all sound like Jamie Carragher!

Really hate any food advert when i'm peckish!... need i say any more?

And the Microsoft ad's... I'm a PC and I created Windows 7.. no you didn't otherwise you'd be sayin I'm a PC from a penthouse suite somewhere in Monaco

But the rat one! is just awful! I can't watch it and when your eating at the same time.... come on!! 

I'm a flicker though, try to avoid the ads :D 
  • edited November 2009
    what about the one - oooh guys, we have too many women on our dating agency, if your 20 ring..... if your 30 ring .... etc, like its really them lol probably some granny doing the ironing lol
  • edited November 2009
    go compare.....

whats the worst thing is not the music.... watch closely there is a guy in every shot in the cafe, he moves seats each time to be in each shot , he is out of time with every other extra, once you have noticed him you will see him every time the bleeding advert is on ... jeeeze now  you will hate it with the sound down you will just keep watching the twit who is out of sync with the rest of the paid muppets.
  • edited November 2009
    im really glad sum1 started this thread, there are some adverts that dont even make gramatical sense, and some of the dubbed voices are just astounding, one of  my worst is confused.com, my god, that stupid blonde women just talking constant rubbish, posing for the camra, pulling stupid faces, telling you to sell your soul for car insurance, annoys me like nothing else., oh, and that "catch a goat youve pulled phone ad, oh my god, makes u wanna scream after uve seen it more then 5 times.
  • edited November 2009
    oh yeh, good adverts include, all honda ads, audi, cant think of any more, the moon pig ad makes me laugh, just cus it ses moonpig about 20 times in it.
  • edited November 2009
    I hated the go compare ad so much I actually dedicated a thread to it a few weeks ago.  Whats with these cash 4 gold ads. They are quite annoying, or that injury claims ad where that woman slips on some spilt water and does her knee in.
  • edited November 2009
    Don't know why exactly but the advert for Yahoo.com gets on my nerves, seems to go on forever. Or is that just me thinking it.

Really hate the Strongbow one where it's like a war movie.  "you mr sattelite dish man, you bring us pets do the funniest things" what tosh.
  • edited November 2009
    I hate that go compare advert but now find myself wanting to see it to check out the daft extra.

The latest radio advert i cant stand is the one for peugeot vans.  The one with the guy telling us that it used to be that if he was hot he took off his shirt, and if he wanted to talk on the phone while in the van, he drove using his elbows.  That was just the way it was back then apparently!

What a rubbish advert, and is there a need for it to be played TWICE in the same advert break???

Ray
  • edited November 2009

Cillit Bang.... D@mn you Barry Scott!

• edited November 2009
    All Injury Claims
    All comparison sites - except meerkat
    Those stupid cash for gold / phones
    Stephen Fry and Paul Merton direct line just not funny
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: worst adverts on tv or radio? : I'd make him cr@p himself, annoying little pon ce, wanting to go to Pauls just cos they've got a Glade Touch and Fresh.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    OMG The funniest ever spoof here of P00 (are you serious!?!? can't say p00!?!?!?!?) at pauls advert... scouse styleee! WARNING: Contains swearing! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bui3q05fJXA
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: worst adverts on tv or radio? : OMG The funniest ever spoof here of P00 (are you serious!?!? can't say p00!?!?!?!?) at pauls advert... scouse styleee! WARNING: Contains swearing! :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bui3q05fJXA
    Posted by ness4
    hahahah well funnii, the scouse accents just top this off loool anti shizz smeller genius.
  • edited December 2009
    But i want to do a p** at pauls!

(yes for some reason p** is in the swear word filter)
  • edited December 2009
    the special K advert, the one where the bird is looking all round the kitchen and there are notes left all over the place.......

winds me up, just eat the f******g biscuit it aint gonna kill ya