You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Final table bubble bursts and my hand gets voided - anyone seen this before?

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
So I can be put on tilt. £300 gtd rebuy. 5 paid. 7 left. Get AQ in the BB. looking forward to shoving over the button raise when the other table arrives and our hand disappears!

any else seen this happen?

& i am out of my 22 bi BH shoving A7s over a large stacks raise because i don't have a cat to kick.

grrr

Hand History #587142767 (19:04 16/11/2012)

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
DivsDreams Small blind   400.00 400.00 41769.25
GELDY Big blind   800.00 1200.00 15900.00
Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q
Hand voided  

Comments

• edited November 2012
    ive never seen that before and surely cannot be right!! if a hand is dealt it has to be played out imo

dont worry tho the button prob had ak, so it saved you :)
  • edited November 2012
    wow that's so many different levels of wrong.

contact sky directly not generic customer service.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Final table bubble bursts and my hand gets voided - anyone seen this before?:
    wow that's so many different levels of wrong. contact sky directly not generic customer service.
    Posted by beaneh
    how do i do that? i must admit i was wondering where cust service would even begin to understand the problem
  • edited November 2012
    Try explaining and asking for somebody else to talk to until they understand.

I've never seen this happen either. The hand always gets played out with the new players having to wait.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Final table bubble bursts and my hand gets voided - anyone seen this before?:
    In Response to Re: Final table bubble bursts and my hand gets voided - anyone seen this before? : how do i do that? i must admit i was wondering where cust service would even begin to understand the problem
    Posted by GELDY

the general advice would be go to customer service.

via

direct chat to someone via

however they will not be aware of poker, and this won't look that awful to them imo. 

I would personally trust in skypoker and just send a pm to one of the 'sky_' accounts. Then wait for working hours and give them a reasonable chance to respond. I would expect you would get sorted pretty quickly that route.

The thing is though you haven't technically lost money, you may have lost some expectation having had a strong hand. but you've also broken the bubble and made the FT now possibly laddering.

That still doesn't take away from the fact there must be a problem with the hand for hand system. once a hand is dealt out (it should be linked to the other table playing a hand if it's on the final bubble area) it should be played out then the table paused to allow for balancing etc. In this case it has a proper message etc but it seems like there is something v wrong with it.

make sure when you message you include as much information as possible to help them find the tournament and the situation etc.
  • edited November 2012
    where there 2 people on one table and 5 people on the other and then one busted? if so seems like it had some kind of hiccup.

maybe it just realised it had messed up, IF BOTH Tables voided hands then THIS IS CORRECT and it would seem that the software realised a c0ck up essentially had occured and potentially fixed itself. 

so yeh not sure get in contact with sky. 

obv fwiw I don't work for sky, I don't know anything, don't listen to me etc disclaimer etc
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks beaneh, don't worry I won't hold you to account - your advice is very helpful

No it wasn't 2 & 5 - who knows what it was.

& this is what I got from Skypoker - what can one say?

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your e-mail.

We apologise for this error that has occurred. The hand you have mentioned may of been void due to a technical issue when this occurs all the players hands are void and new cards are dealt to all players. We apologise for any inconvenience this may of caused.

• edited November 2012

Morning GELDY.

I have taken what I consider the appropriate action, & replied to your PM.