You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

help in finding a decent structure

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
hi. sunday aft we are trying something different down at our local,things are quite dead so we are organising a hold em tourny .trouble is we are struggling to find the right structure. here are the details. we want to start at approx 1.00pm, finish approx 5.00pm. we favour a freezout format. we are expecting 15/20 runners who are going to pay £25 each.i need help with the timming of the blinds/breaks and money ladder etc. can anyone give us some input?                                                         regards windamon.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    In Response to help in finding a decent structure:
    hi. sunday aft we are trying something different down at our local,things are quite dead so we are organising a hold em tourny .trouble is we are struggling to find the right structure. here are the details. we want to start at approx 1.00pm, finish approx 5.00pm. we favour a freezout format. we are expecting 15/20 runners who are going to pay £25 each.i need help with the timming of the blinds/breaks and money ladder etc. can anyone give us some input?                                                         regards windamon.
    Posted by windamon
    I used to use this site to work out tournament structures.  Hope it helps.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: help in finding a decent structure:
    In Response to help in finding a decent structure : I used to use this site to work out tournament structures.  Hope it helps. http://blindvalet.com/en/blind-structure-calculator
    Posted by Wilhelm
    thanks mate!
  • edited November 2012
    Hi just thought I'd post my two pence worth. I play down at my local on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We have a £6 buy in with 3500 starting chips. We normally have 12-18 runners and start at 8PM. We have 15 minute blinds up until the first break which is at 9PM after this we then decrease the blinds to 10 minutes. We normaly finish between 10-11 depending on wether the better players turn up and also how many players turn up. Also on the first Sunday of everymonth we hold a £12 Double Stack event. We get about 25 for this and lasts about 5-6 hours.