You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50nl hows my line and is river a call?

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
i said i wouldnt play cash this month but no acion on dyms early hrs in morning 

i checked the turn for pot control and have a gd showdown hand 
smack_headSmall blind £0.25£0.25£33.38b123nBig blind £0.50£0.75£49.50 Your hole cardsA5   IDONKCALLURaise £1.50£2.25£44.55LUCKYSAMMIFold    johno1971Fold    smack_headCall £1.25£3.50£32.13b123nCall £1.00£4.50£48.50Flop  A610   smack_headCheck    b123nCheck    IDONKCALLUBet £3.00£7.50£41.55smack_headFold    b123nCall £3.00£10.50£45.50Turn  2   b123nCheck    IDONKCALLUCheck    River  7   b123nBet £6.00£16.50£39.50

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I prefer betting the turn because it means more than likely you get to check back the river if you miss and avoid this kind of situation

as played readless I fold, but any info that he's only flatting with a fd/is spewy postflop etc... i call
  • edited November 2012
    Reads would be helpful.
    Pre depends on how the table has been playing. If the table has been weak/passive (especially the blinds) then I think opening is fine.
    I think checking back the turn and betting the turn with the view of checking back the river when we don't improve both have there merits.

I think the main reason for checking back the turn would be to induce a bluff on the river from our opponent when we make ourselves look weak on the turn. So as played I call.
  • edited November 2012
    The only made hands that make sense to me is A2, A7, i guess he could bluff, the turn/river has bricked but it does not look like a bluffing line imo mainly because he is oop, i dunno. But If he is a fish call, if half decent just give him credit this time and fold. 

Seen that alias before, i think he is a reg on NL30, but not sure.
  • edited November 2012
    100% bet this turn everytime im looking to get money in the pot here not control it top pair and the nut flush draw to build the pot for a good sized river bet if we hit the flush. Against some players i may even value bet the river if they are stationy but most of the time checking back the river.  lso like others have said if you bet the turn and he calls then donk leads the river you can fold.  By checking back the turn your giving him the opportunity to bluff you.
  • edited November 2012
    thanks guys i cant believe what he had must have me down as really tight 

i sigh called he had    A  K   glad i didnt bet the turn in a way would of lost more coz im pretty sure if i bet the turn guy would of bet the river 
  • edited November 2012
    but if you bet the turn you can fold the river if he bets and you don´t like it
    and if your flush connects you have already built the pot as he might just close down.
  • edited November 2012
    Would comment but name is left in HH which is poor form imo.  You'll learn much more from HH threads if names are removed and you give a detailed description of how villain plays. 

Laying his actions out in a paragraph like that will acually make you think about counter strat more in my opinion then any advice you'll get in my opinion.