You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Darts

edited November 2012 in Betting Chat
Van gerwen i remeber when he switched over from the bdo to pdc about 4 years ago all the hype was on him being the enxt big thing and he flopped 

being watching lots of him and the last 2 months i cant believe how well hes playing he used to avreage players now hes wiping the floor with em even beating the great man himself phil taylor i think he will go on n win the main event next month 

Comments

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Darts:
    Van gerwen i remeber when he switched over from the bdo to pdc about 4 years ago all the hype was on him being the enxt big thing and he flopped  being watching lots of him and the last 2 months i cant believe how well hes playing he used to avreage players now hes wiping the floor with em even beating the great man himself phil taylor i think he will go on n win the main event next month 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    totally agree with u donk,if he carrys on the way hes playing, hes gona take alot of stopping
  • edited November 2012
    its great to see him finally show the potential he had when winning the bdo masters again. i think some peole forget he is still only 23. he needed time to mature and i think he switched codes too early but now we are seeing the best of him. he was always unlucky with most of his draws in the major tv tourneys where he seemed to pick taylor or whoever else was in form at the time in 1st and 2nd rounds. he lost a lot of these matches narrowly and in doing so was unable to progress his ranking.

i think theres been a few factors that have changed things for him this year. i think the youth tour that he played last year alongside the main tour installed the winning habit back into him as he took down a fair few of the events and also Jelle Klaasen isnt travelling to events with him, as hes enduring his own personal turmoil, may mean his focus is solely on the darts iin hand and not what other stuff might go on at the weekend tourneys etc.

hes 2nd fav for the worlds but i can see his price tumbling evenmore should he win this then have another deep run at the player champs finals. who could argue he's red hot atm
  • edited November 2012
    hes only a kid for crying out loud how can you say he flopped!!!!! great things predicted and for a reason - rome wasnt built in a day
  • edited November 2012
    tho as much as i like the kid i really hope barney wins this