You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Loosing Player Comes Good update

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Wow, nice going Alan. Always nice to take down a tourney, especially when you're freerolling it! It's tough going when you mostly play MTTs, can go a really long time feeling frustrated about not getting anywhere then all at once, you win 3 in a week, so GL tonight and do the double!

Comments

• edited November 2012
    as the title say's i'm a loosing player on syk, since i joined it in june/july 2011. Don't get me wrong i'm not complaining, i win a few hands i lose a few hands. Just need to win the big hands, and lose the small one's to turn it around. Idon't have any kind of BRM at the moment just play small stake's MTT, DYM.I've been working on my game seriously in the last three months or so. With some success, i tend to run much deeper in tournaments, wich gives me great satisfaction knowing that i've played well. I min cash in a few, final table a few, even win a few, and i've bubbled quite a lot lol. A couple of weeks ago i came second overall in the monday DTD,winner takes the weekly prize. Well chuffed, it was the week before they decided to give out prizes second and third.Suppose you could call that another bubble.lol. I've been trying out different types of strategies, trying to find one that suits me, it's not easy for me to keep hitting the fold button waiting for big cards, but when i do hit its a great feeling. sometimes i'll play the small connectors and catch a piece of the flop, start betting, and then get called by a bigger pair and lose half of my stack. So i must work on my patience. I'm 49 years old, and never played a hand of poker untill january 2011, started playing on facebook for fun, then played on that other PoKeR site without depositing any money, and managed to win a few cents then dollars. Then i seen a tv or internet ad for sky poker £10 free So i signed up to sky, and what a difference playing for real money. wow makes your heart pound, what a rush you get when you get your first win, and that sinking feeling when you lose. But that's poker the game i love, and will continue playing, win or lose.

I keep mentioning the word lose, but i do win. I've won the odd small stakes deepstack, SNG scary, DTM's even cash games. But my biggest win was last week i was watching sky poker tv with Reds and Tikay answered a question and TK pulled my name out, and i won a seat into the £1.5k mini primo. Now hear comes the comes good bit. I took it down for £455.00 get in. Now that is a good feeling. all that sky poker tv,reading your threads on this great forum as finally paid off. a big thanks to all of you, who post on this forum it as been a great help. Now as reigning mini primo champ lol i will be defending my title tonight so your all welcome to come wach me take it down again tonight lol (i hope i haven't put the kiss of death on it now)or even enter it if you like, you won't win obvs coz i'm the champ.  Regards Alan
  • edited November 2012
    Nice post Alan.
    I have a similar story to yours.
    Joined Dec 2011 with £50 , donked about £25 on cash tables at the start as i didn't know what i was doing,
    Deposited another £25 to start afresh from £50.
    Played mostly micro & low stakes DYM's.
    Discovered the Monday night DTD and then joined the Hitsquad.
    Won one of the DTD mtt's earlier in the year for £90ish.
    Won the weekly overall DTD last Monday which got me a freeroll into last nights £12K bounty hunter (came 65th and took £45 in head prizes).
    Also entered the mini and came 22nd and won about £20 with heads.
    So to sum up , been on here nearly a year and haven't re-deposited since the £25 at the start.

I usually play the DYM's to finance my Monday night DTD fun ! :-)

See you at the tables.
    GL sir.
    Mick
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Loosing Player Comes Good:
    Wow, nice going Alan. Always nice to take down a tourney, especially when you're freerolling it! It's tough going when you mostly play MTTs, can go a really long time feeling frustrated about not getting anywhere then all at once, you win 3 in a week, so GL tonight and do the double!
    Posted by Lambert180
    Cheers Paul, yeh the mmt road is a tough one, it's where you learn about variance big time.
                       But i'm learning all the time, i dont mined not cashing in every tourny. As long as i play well and 
                       keep improving it'll come soon enough.

Regards Alan.
  • edited November 2012
    Nice post Alan. I have a similar story to yours. Joined Dec 2011 with £50 , donked about £25 on cash tables at the start as i didn't know what i was doing, Deposited another £25 to start afresh from £50. Played mostly micro & low stakes DYM's. Discovered the Monday night DTD and then joined the Hitsquad. Won one of the DTD mtt's earlier in the year for £90ish. Won the weekly overall DTD last Monday which got me a freeroll into last nights £12K bounty hunter (came 65th and took £45 in head prizes). Also entered the mini and came 22nd and won about £20 with heads. So to sum up , been on here nearly a year and haven't re-deposited since the £25 at the start. I usually play the DYM's to finance my Monday night DTD fun ! :-) See you at the tables. GL sir. Mick
    Posted by VespaPX
    Hi, Mick pretty similar story only you deposited once a year
    i do it once a week or fortnight lol usually £10 to £20 a time ouch.
  • edited November 2012

Nice story Alan

It's good to see one of the good guys prevailing 

Keith
  • edited November 2012
    Nice story Alan It's good to see one of the good guys prevailing  Keith
    Posted by kaymac
    Thank you Keith
  • edited November 2012
    Good stuff aj

Pleased for you and can understand and feel your contentment. Nice to see and continue to enjoy the game....all the best
  • edited November 2012
    Good stuff aj Pleased for you and can understand and feel your contentment. Nice to see and continue to enjoy the game....all the best
    Posted by profman15
    cheers Prof
  • edited November 2012
    nice post Alan,
    well done on your win.

hope you go on from here & have many more.

best wishes
    :)
    dev
  • edited November 2012

Should this not be in BBV? :):)

Nice post Alan. I hope you continue to get some great results and it is nice to hear stories like this. The DTD forum comp started with only a few of us and has grown into what it is today....bigger and better!
  • edited November 2012
    Well done AJ. It's good to see someone realising that their play needs working on and not blaming Sky saying it's fixed.
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks Dev.
    will continue to perceiver

Thanks Dagg
    Please don't mention the f word or this thread is going straight to area 51 lol
  • edited November 2012
    Should this not be in BBV? :):) Nice post Alan. I hope you continue to get some great results and it is nice to hear stories like this. The DTD forum comp started with only a few of us and has grown into what it is today....bigger and better!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Totally agree with you. it's a fantastic comp, very affordable with a great structure. I don't enter all 3 tourny's every week 3 tables melt my brain.
    its great that the DTD has got its name in the lobby on a Monday.
    Hat's off to scouse and bandit they do a great job of running it.

Regards Alan
  • edited November 2012
    Your post really touched me Alan. Many forget that Poker's meant to be a game. It's meant to be enjoyable and fun (I'm really bad for forgetting this). It's so refreshing to see someone talk about transitioning from FB Poker to real moneyand that initial buzz you get. Make me realise how much I can miss the 'old times'. Banking a winning cash session, taking down your first tournament, playing the different SNG variations without much of a clue what's going on. 

Nice work on taking down the Primo. Best of luck for the future.

--

Patwalshh
  • edited November 2012
    congrats ajmilton couldnt of happened to a nice guy :) 
  • edited November 2012
    Your post really touched me Alan. Many forget that Poker's meant to be a game. It's meant to be enjoyable and fun (I'm really bad for forgetting this). It's so refreshing to see someone talk about transitioning from FB Poker to real moneyand that initial buzz you get. Make me realise how much I can miss the 'old times'. Banking a winning cash session, taking down your first tournament, playing the different SNG variations without much of a clue what's going on.  Nice work on taking down the Primo. Best of luck for the future. -- Patwalshh
    Posted by patwalshh
    Appreciate your comments Pat. Never forget that feeling of winning your first cash, feels so good even now when you think back on it

Regards ALAN
  • edited November 2012
    congrats ajmilton couldnt of happened to a nice guy :) 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Thankyou Mr Donk
  • edited November 2012
    So come on AJ, how did it go defending your title?
  • edited November 2012
    WELL i finished 155th in the mini primo tonight.
    the table started up when i was in the middle of qualifying for £10K PRIMO. Which i did qualify for through a £4.80 direct sat. so it all went pear shaped with 2 tables going.
    But managed to run deep in the primo which i was well pleased with, even though i was once again the bubble boy. out in 31st with top 30 cashing.lol
  • edited November 2012
    WD on your win AJ , pleased for you! hope you can kick on still remember you beating me in a hu comp ... sigh ;)

GL use the win and build on it!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Loosing Player Comes Good update:
    WD on your win AJ , pleased for you! hope you can kick on still remember you beating me in a hu comp ... sigh ;) GL use the win and build on it!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    thank you John
    I do remember the hu comp i think i got to the semi or the final not sure . But i definitely remember playing you it was the first round, and i remember telling my wife " OMG i've got young gun in the first match".
    Back then you were  all over the forum, tv, i  thought you were a pro my heart was pounding so hard i'll never forget it. i think i said on the forum thread at the time i did actually run around the room when i beat you.lol Good times.
    Regards Alan
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Loosing Player Comes Good update:
    In Response to Re: Loosing Player Comes Good update : thank you John I do remember the hu comp i think i got to the semi or the final not sure . But i definitely remember playing you it was the first round, and i remember telling my wife " OMG i've got young gun in the first match". Back then you were  all over the forum, tv, i  thought you were a pro my heart was pounding so hard i'll never forget it. i think i said on the forum thread at the time i did actually run around the room when i beat you.lol Good times. Regards Alan
    Posted by ajmilton
    Haha yeah a while ago, i didnt work back then so play less now :) also play on another site when i do but may put some on here Tuesday see how i go as need to get some passion back for online poker, playing well live but online just not really in it at the mo.

Never pro lol odd bink here and there, did ok. I remember you played well, glad you were so happy you won. Even more so you did win now :)

Good luck at the tables buddy
  • edited November 2012

Lovely OP, & thread, well done AJ.

Poker IS supposed to be fun, & it behoves us all to remember that - it makes the game an absolute pleasure.
  • edited November 2012
    Well done AJ.  Nice post & thread.  Rungood.
    pad