You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Primo main event dnt think i played so bad in my life what to do here once raised on the turn

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
should i have checked back the turn played the hand soooooo bad got married to a overpair to a low flop soon as i see small bet thought id raise for value then i get 2 calls then a blank turn soon as i see 2 checks my eyes lit up n played it sooooooo bad :/ ommSmall blind 20.0020.002985.001jaxonray1Big blind 40.0060.004792.50 Your hole cards1010   9se7enTr3yRaise 120.00180.004522.50EBBERDONCall 120.00300.003505.00Curt360x27Fold    IDONKCALLUCall 120.00420.002910.00ommFold    1jaxonray1Fold    Flop  753   9se7enTr3yCheck    EBBERDONBet 80.00500.003425.00IDONKCALLURaise 320.00820.002590.009se7enTr3yCall 320.001140.004202.50EBBERDONCall 240.001380.003185.00Turn  5   9se7enTr3yCheck    EBBERDONCheck    IDONKCALLUBet 720.002100.001870.009se7enTr3yFold    EBBERDONRaise 1440.003540.001745.00

Comments

• edited November 2012
    May 3 bet pre fwiw , opponent depending but im 3 betting alot here to 480

Flop - Fine

Turn is a fold, ebbs prob has like 33/77, basically i dont think he is ever bluffing here and doubt he is taking this line with flush draw. Bet/fold sux but way to play here imo

If you fold turn then played it all fine still
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Primo main event dnt think i played so bad in my life what to do here once raised on the turn:
    May 3 bet pre fwiw , opponent depending but im 3 betting alot here to 480 Flop - Fine Turn is a fold, ebbs prob has like 33/77, basically i dont think he is ever bluffing here and doubt he is taking this line with flush draw. Bet/fold sux but way to play here imo If you fold turn then played it all fine still
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    pretty much this. i like 3bpre
  • edited November 2012
    Early in T. Why not just set mine....miss so ch/fold? Fine to bet out w/ undercards board but meeting resistance, i think its time toleave the party esp v 2 players.
  • edited November 2012
    Cos TT has so much more value than just set-mining, providing you know where you are postflop. Sometimes I flat, sometimes I 3bet.

But yeah easy fold on the turn, Ebberdon will always have you beat.
  • edited November 2012
    1. Calling pre is not bad , but preferably i would raise in this spot. Someone has opened and then someone has called behind, i agree your aim is to setmine early on but 10/10 is a pretty good hand and we have position

2, that flop isnt really going to hit many, turn is pretty much a blank... but i dont like checking as we can get outdrawn, wont really know where we are at, not gonna like many rivers either so we are either good here or we're not. Vs ebberdon we can only really be vs FH/5x as this is a spot he wont bluff, unless he has a hand like JJ-QQ which beats us so we are never good
  • edited November 2012
    thats why i played it bad i know im beat but got frustrated i shouldnt of bet the turn think that was a mistake from me 

i found ebberdons weak donk bet very strange on the flop id still do the raise tho alot of the time my mistake was betting the turn and when ebberdon min raised i should fold 100 per cent but i got frustrated with myself having about 1.6 k bk n i just jammed silly thing to do 
  • edited November 2012
    can't see ebb playing 88 or 99's like this

flat pre this deep is fine imo

the thing is your hardly never looking to stack off - you just want low flop and extract chips from low-mid prs

can't think of a good reason to 3 bet verus these two oppo's when UTG opens and UTG+1 flats - prefer a squeeze with air -
    your value is in flatting but IDK I could be wrong

Not so sure about the raise on flop either, 88/99 ain't getting it in -
    only hand you beating is FD - that's probably with 2 overs so you ain't that a bigger fav
    Ebbs might of just floated you on flop :D Strange though how Ebbs doesn't re pop on the flop - probably looking for safe turn cards this deep
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Primo main event dnt think i played so bad in my life what to do here once raised on the turn:
    thats why i played it bad i know im beat but got frustrated i shouldnt of bet the turn think that was a mistake from me  i found ebberdons weak donk bet very strange on the flop id still do the raise tho alot of the time my mistake was betting the turn and when ebberdon min raised i should fold 100 per cent but i got frustrated with myself having about 1.6 k bk n i just jammed silly thing to do 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Yeah if your readless and haven't seen it before then re-raising the flop is fine. Even when we get 2 callers I think we are ahead of there ranges (as played) to fire the turn but your right once we get min raised we can fold, especially at this stage as we still have a playable stack. 
    TBH though it's not fair on the opponent leaving his name in, you should have defiantley removed it here as it's such a big/lol tell.

• edited November 2012
    Our flop raise got called in 2 spots, I think checking back turn is good option.
  • edited November 2012
    Seriously need to leave names out lols
  • edited November 2012
    n colley 

i did say i played the bad soooooo bad worst played hand for a long time im usually in the zone but was downstairs with about 4 kids playing about is hard to concentrate lol so thought 10 10 on this board get it in lol silly 
  • edited November 2012
    Cos TT has so much more value than just set-mining, providing you know where you are postflop. Sometimes I flat, sometimes I 3bet. But yeah easy fold on the turn, Ebberdon will always have you beat.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yea L ...the value being that its level two and he's stuck! The least IDCU should have done was check the turn and see if his flop bet scared the other players into giving him a free card. S early in the T, soz, idon't agree. Maybe level 6, 7 when stack sizes becomes more large v small. There's just no need now....Tell me he's not up aginst an overpair.  Remember one guy ch/called the flop to a big bet and call by two players.
    IDCU lost his head on the turn with a fancy play and i bet he'll admit it too.
  • edited November 2012
        \o/ my hands are up in the air i admit i played the hand terrible i posted this hand to be shown this thursday on the poker clinic be intrested to hear the thought and advice 

i know what i have done wrong but when ya not fully concentrated its hard usually im in a dark bedroom in the zone but a house full of people dnt help no excuse in any mtt on level 1 i never ever get my stack in with 10 10 just played it really badly 

in a micro stakes tourney think this move is ok but in a primo vs this opponent never like i say i admit i played it bad and thanks for ya constructive criticsm :) sorry for leaving players name in :/ 
  • edited November 2012
    Dont worry bout it donkhead, its not as awful as you make out. With reads it could be fine ;)

Anyway dont beat urself up too much, at least you realised even when you posted this just concentrate better next time.