You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poster freeroll

2»

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Poster freeroll:
    VWD Bazza get your self in the 22 Deepie tommorow as your reward pretty please:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    NO NO NO!

Barry - please ignore that. It'd be 30% of your win - I suspect almost 30% of your Bankroll - & that would not be wise imo. Spread that £75 over a lot more Tourneys is the route. You could play over 20 x £3.30 7pm Deepies with that, & any number of sensibly priced DYM's. 

Nobody would more enjoy seeing you play the £22 Deepies that you work so hard to promote, but it'd be horrendous BM.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Poster freeroll : NO NO NO! Barry - please ignore that. It'd be 30% of your win - I suspect almost 30% of your Bankroll - & that would not be wise imo. Spread that £75 over a lot more Tourneys is the route. You could play over 20 x £3.30 7pm Deepies with that, & any number of sensibly priced DYM's.  Nobody would more enjoy seeing you play the £22 Deepies that you work so hard to promote, but it'd be horrendous BM.
    Posted by Tikay10
    surely one 'treat' tournie will be ok.  as long as he uses standard BRM rules on the remaineder to try and build it up.

but then again the standard in the 22 will be a big, big jump from the tournies that barry is used to so it probably isn't the best idea.

and well done on the takedown barry.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Poster freeroll : NO NO NO! Barry - please ignore that. It'd be 30% of your win - I suspect almost 30% of your Bankroll - & that would not be wise imo. Spread that £75 over a lot more Tourneys is the route. You could play over 20 x £3.30 7pm Deepies with that, & any number of sensibly priced DYM's.  Nobody would more enjoy seeing you play the £22 Deepies that you work so hard to promote, but it'd be horrendous BM.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

Firstly, my heartfelt thank you to all who congratulated me, secondly, thank you to Sky Rich and the suits for giving us this freeroll.

I think what I am going to do is carry on grinding in the DYM,s, I can now comfortably afford to play £5.50, however of course I will drop down if neceassary varience of course :)

Once again, a big thank you
  • edited November 2009
    Well done Barry....great win!.....now you can afford to enter one of TK's sleepathons....

Hope to catch you on the 'proper' poker tables soon. GL mate.
  • edited November 2009

REALLY PLEASED FOR YOU . WELL DESERVED TOO . WP M8 .

• edited November 2009
    Well played Barry , congratulations on your win, well deserved :)

and ty rich for the tournament its the friendliest/most enjoyable one i play in
  • edited November 2009
    "this tourney was so fixed for bazza to win, come on sky sort it out, obviously barry was randomly selected to win this!!!!"

Webby could be on to something here! At first I thought his comment was tongue in cheek, but now that I think about it, it all makes sense. 

I mean, barry put me all in with AK and i called with pocket jacks.  Surely there is no way my hand should get beat there!!! But sure enough, an ace on the flop takes me out.  What are the chances???  

I'm off to area 51 to deliver this incrminating evidence...

Ray

P.S, Well done, barry, well played.
  • edited November 2009
    Well Done Barry and to all those who cashed.  Yet again another really enjoyable tourny, I was gonig well untill I ran A10 into A Q finished 12th or 13th in the end.
  • edited November 2009
    Congratulation Barry, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy
  • edited November 2009
    wd barry thats fab xx
  • edited November 2009
    nice 1 barry, played a solid yet aggressive game using your chip lead to your advantage fully deserved the win
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sensible as always m8. I won a 43 player deepy at the weekend for £35, i went in a £22 DYM and came 4th (no cash). I then came 4th last night in the posters for £25. At the same time i came 1st out of 35 in another deepy for £28. So im sticking to lower stakes and keeping away from the higher stakes. I can afford to lose plenty of £2.20,a few £5.50 and still have a decent bankroll, play at £22 it wouldnt last long and it would become scared money.
  • edited November 2009
    A very aggresive, dominating performance whilst i was on his table last night. Congratulations, spend it wisely and keep that bankroll moving in the right direction mate.
  • edited November 2009
    well done barry...don't you go blowing it all on women and booze tho
  • edited November 2009
    wp baz good result x
  • edited November 2009
    It was good to be able to rail you after all the railing youi have done for others.  Enjoy the glory!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Nice to see that someone so deserving of the congratulations, gets it. Well done Barry.

My own performance was awful, lasted about five minutes. Very bad headcold and nosebleeds! Just imagine, if I'd been 100%, I might have lasted ten minutes.
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    well ddone barry. it was a really enjoyable tournie last night with some great banter.
  • edited November 2009
    nice one barry--very well played mate--well deserved win there--top man yerself!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    I'm sure there's another thread being written right now but I thought I'd bump this... Players beware - acebarry10 is about!
  • edited November 2009
    I'm sure there's another thread being written right now but I thought I'd bump this... Players beware - acebarry10 is about!
    Posted by Machka
    Lol thanks Machka
  • edited November 2009
    Wp barry 2 in a row, yr the man
  • edited November 2009
    Well done Barry

Sky Rich-I enjoyed losing my posters virginity even though it was painful.

Often is apparently with all those experienced people
  • edited November 2009
    Nice results for barry and HartshorN.

Goes to show - Sky Poker forums pay to post!!
  • edited November 2009
    WD baz

Third and Second for me also in the past 2 weeks, think it's time i won it :P
  • edited November 2009
    well done again bazza ure turning into a right cardrack with all those good hands.cant think of anyone who deserves it more.also a well done to all those who cashed including me mate margatemafia,wp matey
  • edited November 2009
    I didnt even know I had qualified to play this tourney until about 20 mins after it had started and there was a launch box on my screen.  I will check next time as this tourney is such good fun and great value.  Great chat and banter. wd baz.
  • edited November 2009
    First one of these I've played in, and I didnt even realise I had qualified, was a bit of a surprise when I table opened up after I logged onto forum, but I have to say I really enjoyed it, was some good banter, and if I'm lucky enough to qualify for another one in teh future then hopefully I can go a couple of places better, and stop making donk plays too.

Also a big up for both Talon and Mr Mbro who made it to my table, as you can never have too many Colin's playing at the same table :)