You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thoughts £1k GTD BH

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
im currently 8/14, with raise before me should i just lay this down or at least flat?? Dont think i can call fold which is why i shove.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesmarrSmall blind 400.00400.0010055.00billtackleBig blind 800.001200.0028000.00 Your hole cardsKQ   thatsplentFold    boxy7rob07Fold    BALLY1888Raise 4000.005200.0011030.00smarrAll-in 10055.0015255.000.00billtackleFold    BALLY1888Call 6455.0021710.004575.00smarrShowKQ   BALLY1888ShowKA   Flop  J99   Turn  8   River  8   BALLY1888WinTwo Pairs, 9s and 8s21710.00 26285.0

Comments

• edited November 2012
    You can never call fold as you would of already commited 40% of your stack. I think given the size of the raise. (5XBB) I would lay this down.
  • edited November 2012
    i had almost layed it down but the raise was out of character and considered it was a bluff
  • edited November 2012
    you have no fold equity so I sigh fold and wait for a better spot w/ 12bb in a no ante tournament. Obv it's either shove or fold, calling would be beyond horrendous..

depends on villain tho, the fact player in the bb has a huge stack makes me more inclined to think he's pretty strong, and so a fold is best, if bb is short also I just shove cos KQss owns his range prob
  • edited November 2012
    Pretty easy  fold here smarr, he has 5x'd, yes KQ suited is a pretty hand etc but as percy says you have no FE

If you had some reads on the player it may help to share as this looks a snap fold
  • edited November 2012
    no reads mate as i havent seen any of the hands but he has been raising alot pre and taking down the blinds.. usually 3x tho, i mis-read his rise in bet sizing as a bluff rather than the strength it was. Thanks for your input, i guess i knew fold was the correct option. 
  • edited November 2012
    never raising like this with KJ

in general it's AK/AQ or 10's etc...
  • edited November 2012
    im folding this pre the guy who 5 x pre is never folding to your shove imo u are never in good shape wen u shove over a 5 x raise 

i would like to be the 1 that puts preesure on people by raising not going all in over the top after a raise at best i think u are flipping at best with 5 x raise pre looks like the hand he has or middle pair 
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah FWIW I'd look to fold this... villain only has 12bb (?) so looks really suspicious when they don't just shove themselves, ie they have a good hand and hope to induce a poor call from SB and/or BB rather than just shove and take down the blinds.

Depending on any reads, I'd be more inclined to go with the KQ hand if the button had shoved... although depending on how much I fancied a gamble to try and run for the higher prizes, as I accept that Ax and small pairs make up a decent number of hands and therefore require me to hit.
  • edited November 2012
    yeah I fold m8 no fold equity and nearly always when these players 5xbb pre in mtts its ak/aq they are scared to play flop incase they miss so they make it big to take it there and then (which imo is bad) but we all play different.
  • edited November 2012
    The guy has 13bbss on the button we have 12 bbs get it in super standard mtt spot to 3 bet jam here.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thoughts £1k GTD BH:
    The guy has 13bbss on the button we have 12 bbs get it in super standard mtt spot to 3 bet jam here.
    Posted by bearlyther
    villain has 19bb

if he hasnt opened 5x before and then suddenly does it this time w/ a big stack in the bb it's nearly always going to have us crushed. Easily wait for a better unopened spot, or a spot where we have fold equity.
  • edited November 2012
    Yes misscalculated the stack sizes as they were hard to read its a fold.