You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Number of consecutive bad beats in bounty hunter tournaments

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
I have spoken to a number of people in these tournaments, and after discussing this issue was adviced to write something on here.
I am fully aware that we all get bad beats and it is part of the game, however when you go out of 8 consecutive tournaments on bad beats is rather bad, I had a friend to double check this for me and when he did he came up with the same odds that I did and to lose the way I did was odds of 2 and half million to 1 ???.
What I find very interesting is that a nimber of people have had the same problem and what really annoys me is that 6 of these bad beats where by people who made outragous calls with less then 15 of winning and have hit on the river, and also a point that needs to be pointed out is that 6 of them bad beats where from a person who won a ticket into the £110 and £55 touranments and when you question these people they just laughed and said thanks for the money, I AM BY NO MEANS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD AND AM DOWN MONEY ON HERE BECAUSE OF MAINLY BEING BUSTED BY BAD BEATS,I have played in real life and have done rather well with winnings of 15k, and I have never come across these odds before. I e-mailed sky and they give you a response with any real answers and said if I was unhappy I could either leave or write too Alderney Gambling Control Commission and complain to them, and because of the refusal of skypoker to discuse this I did and they are now looking at the hand history of these games. What worries me about this is will sky now PUNISH me by giving me even more bad beats or even being kicked of the site. They can not ignore the amount of players complaining about these bad beats etc and yet they do nothing and will not even answer a question and try to brush it off, Like I said I have talked to a number of players and agreed that I would start this discussion to see if others felt the same.  One final point I think that in the big tournys like the £110 and £55 that tickets should not be allowed or should at the very least be capped at say 3 players getting a ticket has a player that buys into this for the full price I think its only fair, or maybe I am wrong, your views on the above would be very welcome even negative ones thanks John

Comments

• edited November 2012

Interested as to why you think the number of satellite entrants should be capped? 
  • edited November 2012
    I just beleive that having too many tickets spoils the game, and to be honest a number of them are just fish and donkys yes i am aware that will upset some people but that is what i truly think BUT THIS IS MAINLY ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF BAD BEATS THE OTHER THINGS ARE JUST MY PERSONEL THOUGHTS 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Number of consecutive bad beats in bounty hunter tournaments:
    I just beleive that having too many tickets spoils the game, and to be honest a number of them are just fish and donkys yes i am aware that will upset some people but that is what i truly think 
    Posted by guardsman1
    I agree Maxally and Scouse Red do seem to Sat in quite often, especially when they have no choice but to shove in blind every hand. 

But alot of good players go through sats too. 

Capping tickets might make the standard worse, not better as the games will just be full of big bankroll players who can afford to gamble and play bingo poker without worrying about the buy in. 

• edited November 2012
    if you are fairly tight then i reckon the chance of going out of a BH on a bad beat is prob more than 50% - say 56%.
    So to go out that way 8 times in a row is a one in a hundred chance. Not nice but not uncommon.
    Don't mix hand odds with tourny life odds.
  • edited November 2012
    You will get 'fish' and 'donkeys' at every level. Sure its tough when u go on a run of bad beats, but in the end you just gotta keep doing the right things and in the long run your good play will shine through.
       I don't think capping sattelite entrants would be helpful in any way, for one it would really hurt alot of the smaller stakes players of which this is they're only chance of a shot at ' the big time '. There is always the possibility it would slowly kill the gurantee's on these tournaments. 
       I don't think it is fixed in any way or sky wouldnt have told you to contact the AGCC. Hope you run better soon mate, GL at the tables.
  • edited November 2012
    guarsman would you be so kind as to post some of these bad beats?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Number of consecutive bad beats in bounty hunter tournaments:
    In Response to Re: Number of consecutive bad beats in bounty hunter tournaments : I agree Maxally and Scouse Red do seem to Sat in quite often, especially when they have no choice but to shove in blind every hand.  But alot of good players go through sats too.  Capping tickets might make the standard worse, not better as the games will just be full of big bankroll players who can afford to gamble and play bingo poker without worrying about the buy in.   
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

LOLZ. Nice rubs JJ.

To the OP - By the nature of B/H's, they are more gamberly (is that a word?) than your normal freeze out tournaments IMO, because of the added value of the head prizes. There are more 'wide' calls from the big stacks if there is a bounty on offer which you may not of seen them do in other MTT's.

• edited November 2012
    guarsman would you be so kind as to post some of these bad beats?
    Posted by G_Emery
    I am sorry I would have done and I have seen others do that, to be frank and honest I have no idea how to post these beats otherwise I would have done, so sorry, thanks for your replys it is very interesting to hear what others have to say and very helpful
  • edited November 2012
    Just log into sky poker go to "my sky poker" hand history then find the hands and just copy and paste the log =)