You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Number of consecutive bad beats in bounty hunter tournaments

I have spoken to a number of people in these tournaments, and after discussing this issue was adviced to write something on here.
I am fully aware that we all get bad beats and it is part of the game, however when you go out of 8 consecutive tournaments on bad beats is rather bad, I had a friend to double check this for me and when he did he came up with the same odds that I did and to lose the way I did was odds of 2 and half million to 1 ???.
What I find very interesting is that a nimber of people have had the same problem and what really annoys me is that 6 of these bad beats where by people who made outragous calls with less then 15 of winning and have hit on the river, and also a point that needs to be pointed out is that 6 of them bad beats where from a person who won a ticket into the £110 and £55 touranments and when you question these people they just laughed and said thanks for the money, I AM BY NO MEANS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD AND AM DOWN MONEY ON HERE BECAUSE OF MAINLY BEING BUSTED BY BAD BEATS,I have played in real life and have done rather well with winnings of 15k, and I have never come across these odds before. I e-mailed sky and they give you a response with any real answers and said if I was unhappy I could either leave or write too Alderney Gambling Control Commission and complain to them, and because of the refusal of skypoker to discuse this I did and they are now looking at the hand history of these games. What worries me about this is will sky now PUNISH me by giving me even more bad beats or even being kicked of the site. They can not ignore the amount of players complaining about these bad beats etc and yet they do nothing and will not even answer a question and try to brush it off, Like I said I have talked to a number of players and agreed that I would start this discussion to see if others felt the same.  One final point I think that in the big tournys like the £110 and £55 that tickets should not be allowed or should at the very least be capped at say 3 players getting a ticket has a player that buys into this for the full price I think its only fair, or maybe I am wrong, your views on the above would be very welcome even negative ones thanks John

Comments

• edited November 2012

Interested as to why you think the number of satellite entrants should be capped? 
  • edited November 2012
    I just beleive that having too many tickets spoils the game, and to be honest a number of them are just fish and donkys yes i am aware that will upset some people but that is what i truly think BUT THIS IS MAINLY ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF BAD BEATS THE OTHER THINGS ARE JUST MY PERSONEL THOUGHTS 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Number of consecutive bad beats in bounty hunter tournaments:
    I just beleive that having too many tickets spoils the game, and to be honest a number of them are just fish and donkys yes i am aware that will upset some people but that is what i truly think 
    Posted by guardsman1
    I agree Maxally and Scouse Red do seem to Sat in quite often, especially when they have no choice but to shove in blind every hand. 

But alot of good players go through sats too. 

Capping tickets might make the standard worse, not better as the games will just be full of big bankroll players who can afford to gamble and play bingo poker without worrying about the buy in. 

• edited November 2012
    if you are fairly tight then i reckon the chance of going out of a BH on a bad beat is prob more than 50% - say 56%.
    So to go out that way 8 times in a row is a one in a hundred chance. Not nice but not uncommon.
    Don't mix hand odds with tourny life odds.
  • edited November 2012
    You will get 'fish' and 'donkeys' at every level. Sure its tough when u go on a run of bad beats, but in the end you just gotta keep doing the right things and in the long run your good play will shine through.
       I don't think capping sattelite entrants would be helpful in any way, for one it would really hurt alot of the smaller stakes players of which this is they're only chance of a shot at ' the big time '. There is always the possibility it would slowly kill the gurantee's on these tournaments. 
       I don't think it is fixed in any way or sky wouldnt have told you to contact the AGCC. Hope you run better soon mate, GL at the tables.
  • edited November 2012
    guarsman would you be so kind as to post some of these bad beats?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Number of consecutive bad beats in bounty hunter tournaments:
    In Response to Re: Number of consecutive bad beats in bounty hunter tournaments : I agree Maxally and Scouse Red do seem to Sat in quite often, especially when they have no choice but to shove in blind every hand.  But alot of good players go through sats too.  Capping tickets might make the standard worse, not better as the games will just be full of big bankroll players who can afford to gamble and play bingo poker without worrying about the buy in.   
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

LOLZ. Nice rubs JJ.

To the OP - By the nature of B/H's, they are more gamberly (is that a word?) than your normal freeze out tournaments IMO, because of the added value of the head prizes. There are more 'wide' calls from the big stacks if there is a bounty on offer which you may not of seen them do in other MTT's.

• edited November 2012
    guarsman would you be so kind as to post some of these bad beats?
    Posted by G_Emery
    I am sorry I would have done and I have seen others do that, to be frank and honest I have no idea how to post these beats otherwise I would have done, so sorry, thanks for your replys it is very interesting to hear what others have to say and very helpful
  • edited November 2012
    Just log into sky poker go to "my sky poker" hand history then find the hands and just copy and paste the log =)
  • edited November 2012
    Im sure it would help if you post these "bad beats" as Ive often thought Ive had a bad beat and then after reviewing the hand I realsied I'd played it all wrong.
  • edited November 2012
    I just beleive that having too many tickets spoils the game, and to be honest a number of them are just fish and donkys yes i am aware that will upset some people but that is what i truly think BUT THIS IS MAINLY ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF BAD BEATS THE OTHER THINGS ARE JUST MY PERSONEL THOUGHTS 
    Posted by guardsman1
    Hi Guardsman.
    All major tournies, live and online have satelites into them, even high rollers use them to enter these main events.

I would imagine a lot of players including myself feel pretty insulted to be reffered to as a fish or donkey's, regardless of what level our game is at, and even if this were true......are you trying to say you don't want these type of players on your table? if not why not? We need "Fish/Donkeys" or players with a lesser abilility (as I would rather call them) at our tables, this is how we make some serious money in heads.

I'm pretty sure if you had 5 other players at your table of Negranu's ability (Which is what you are essentially saying you want) then you would probably have even more bad beats in a row than the ones you are complaining about now :)

Bounty Hunters play quite a lot differently to ordinary MTT's and players are much more likely to slow roll a monster hand and play a much wider range than usual, because that's how to take Bounty Heads.

Players like to see a flop with any 2 in Bounty Hunters and if you allow them into the pot, then there is always a possibility they are going to try and chase it down the streets, but good luck to them, that's the kind of players I want on my table all day long. We just need to adjust our game to combat this.

Have you read any books on Bounty Hunter Strategies? or do you try to play them like ordinary MTT's?

I certainly wouldn't want to insult your ability as a player as I have never seen you play, however, a lot of the time we need to adjust how we play in certain tournies and situations.

I'm sure if you learn how to post some of your hands on here, the community will quickly be able to help you address any issues you may have with these types of tournaments.

Best of Luck.
    Pokertrev
  • edited November 2012
    If you have shown your friends these hands then you know where to find them so do the same and copy and paste them, Its Quite easy and will go along way to explain your point better.

Here is a link explaining how to post the hands.
    How to post your hands in the Poker Clinic 
  • edited November 2012
    Seems to have alot of `friends` on here!!!!

Collusion !!!! Also OP can`t post any HH`s funny eh??

If you think it`s fixed, post some proof or naff off fella...
  • edited November 2012
    Still waiting :-)
  • edited November 2012
    just played a torney thought my god  floped a straight to the ace got called with a pair of queens got 10 j flop was a k q  thought trips no problem then he rivered another queen quads what are the odds please someone tell me i have been rivered six times with strong hands lasts time pair of aces in hand biggest stack call all in with 6 3 of suit he goes and flops a full house 3 3 6  how dose that add up i am not a bad player and i acept there are bad beats but come on it seams the more chips u have the luckier or no problem takeing stacks
      Response to Number of consecutive bad beats in bounty hunter tournaments:
    I have spoken to a number of people in these tournaments, and after discussing this issue was adviced to write something on here. I am fully aware that we all get bad beats and it is part of the game, however when you go out of 8 consecutive tournaments on bad beats is rather bad, I had a friend to double check this for me and when he did he came up with the same odds that I did and to lose the way I did was odds of 2 and half million to 1 ???. What I find very interesting is that a nimber of people have had the same problem and what really annoys me is that 6 of these bad beats where by people who made outragous calls with less then 15 of winning and have hit on the river, and also a point that needs to be pointed out is that 6 of them bad beats where from a person who won a ticket into the £110 and £55 touranments and when you question these people they just laughed and said thanks for the money, I AM BY NO MEANS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD AND AM DOWN MONEY ON HERE BECAUSE OF MAINLY BEING BUSTED BY BAD BEATS,I have played in real life and have done rather well with winnings of 15k, and I have never come across these odds before. I e-mailed sky and they give you a response with any real answers and said if I was unhappy I could either leave or write too  Alderney Gambling Control Commission and complain to them, and because of the refusal of skypoker to discuse this I did and they are now looking at the hand history of these games. What worries me about this is will sky now PUNISH me by giving me even more bad beats or even being kicked of the site. They can not ignore the amount of players complaining about these bad beats etc and yet they do nothing and will not even answer a question and try to brush it off, Like I said I have talked to a number of players and agreed that I would start this discussion to see if others felt the same.  One final point I think that in the big tournys like the £110 and £55 that tickets should not be allowed or should at the very least be capped at say 3 players getting a ticket has a player that buys into this for the full price I think its only fair, or maybe I am wrong, your views on the above would be very welcome even negative ones thanks John
    Posted by guardsman1
    im
  • edited November 2012
    just played a torney thought my god  floped a straight to the ace got called with a pair of queens got 10 j flop was a k q  thought trips no problem then he rivered another queen quads what are the odds please someone tell me i have been rivered six times with strong hands lasts time pair of aces in hand biggest stack call all in with 6 3 of suit he goes and flops a full house 3 3 6  how dose that add up i am not a bad player and i acept there are bad beats but come on it seams the more chips u have the luckier or no problem takeing stacks   Response to Number of consecutive bad beats in bounty hunter tournaments : im
    Posted by roofer33
    ul - but not related to this thread which is about consecutive tournie exits
  • edited November 2012
    just played a torney thought my god  floped a straight to the ace got called with a pair of queens got 10 j flop was a k q  thought trips no problem then he rivered another queen quads what are the odds please someone tell me i have been rivered six times with strong hands lasts time pair of aces in hand biggest stack call all in with 6 3 of suit he goes and flops a full house 3 3 6  how dose that add up i am not a bad player and i acept there are bad beats but come on it seams the more chips u have the luckier or no problem takeing stacks   Response to Number of consecutive bad beats in bounty hunter tournaments : im
    Posted by roofer33
    The odds are not that shocking really.

You've got JT v QQ

Flop = AKQ

there's 1 Q in the pack that gives him quads to him, there's also 3 Kings and 3 Aces that will give him a fullhouse to beat you, and when the turn come cards (if it isn't already an A, K or Q) then there will be an extra card that could pair up to give him a FH so another 3 outs. Think the odds of a flopped set making a FH by the river are something like 1in3, so you're a favourite but you'll lose in this spot often too.
  • edited November 2012
    Agree with Lambert some people don't understand the odds in poker and they think yes I flopped the nuts im unbeatable.....
  • edited November 2012
    been waiting for a post like this to get thrown out sooner or later so can't say i'm suprised...

going back a few months i got jacked off with some of the bad beats, i'd cringe if i got dealt kk cus you could almost be sure someone behind you had aa... so i went and played on another site for a couple of days.... in those three days of playing quite a few hours a day i only saw aa come up against kk once....

i came back to playing on sky and guess what.... i saw aa come up against kk three times in three hours

bottom line is if you don't trust the site move to another... i don't and i have although i still play on here a bit cus i enjoy the craic and i like playing bounty hunters

i have to confess it does seem a lot better lately but the aa kk clash seems to have changed to the miricle card on the river.... usually a ten to fill on person a straight and another a full house... make of it what you will but the bottom line is you don't have to play on here!!!
  • edited November 2012

River  
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">J
       DiggerManWinThree Jacks5850.005850.00

Guys i really do not know how to bring it over, sorry have not been about and jonjo I am treying to put them all on here but having problems pasting etc. and I do not lie I am getting a friend around to do this for me however i do not live on the site, this hand is the latest i played it really is unbelievable the amount of bloody bad beats and I am getting this all the time and YES I THINK THE SITE IS RIGGED TO OTHER PLAYERS ON HERE, ESPECIALLY THE LONG STANDING PLAYERS THERE I HAVBE SAID IT, AND I WILL NOT PUT ANOTHER PENNY INTO THIS SITE AND WHEN I HAVE USED THE LAST £24 I WILL BE OFF HERE , NOW ALL YOU WHO ARE GOING TO RIP INTO ME FOR SAYING IT IS RIGGED , SO WHAT I AM ALLOWED TO SAY WHAT I THINK , THE HAND ABOVE IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS , 2 OUTS AND YET AGAIN ON THE RIVER IT HITS I CANNOT WAIT TO GET ALL OF MY OTHER TOURNY HANDS UP THEN MAYBE YOU WILL SEE A PATTEN , THE ODDS DO NOT FIT, AND I SAY AGAIN SKYPOKER IS RIGGED, AND I THINK LIKE ABSOLUTE POKER THEY WILL GET CAUGHT OUT IN THE END 
  • edited November 2012
    Do you believe that all the winning players on here are in on the cheating?

P.s I never said you were a liar.
    I just believe that when people say things like this then proof should be shown, especially as its so easy to do.
  • edited November 2012
    Jonjo not at all and i really do appericate your comments and sorry if i mistook what you said, I am just sick of going out of tournys by bad beats, my last game which I have tried to copy and paste here is an example had A A pre flop raise 4xs the bb got raised so went all in the other person had J J , flop nothing turn nothing, river J , this is what has been happening to me for the past 2 weeks, I really am sick of it, I do not mind getting beat but this is too far , I am sorry I have not been able to post but I can just about work a computer, I have a friend coming over next week and he will do all of them for me , I am such a idiot then because I do NOT KNOW how to do it, but they will be up, I am now down to the last £1 and I have decided not to put any more money into a site I beleive is rigged, that what I believe anyway and I am entitled to think it if I so think so to speak , I remember talking with you a few times in the tourny and I have listenered to what you have said, and before I delet my account on here I will have all of the games on here for you , I hope you can understand my feelings on this ??, was good talking with you and I promise I WILL NOT DELET MY ACCOUNT until I have all the post for you to have a look maybe then you will see what I am talking about, John
  • edited November 2012
    Jonjo do not even know why this is in a new post ??? I truly am a computer dim wit ??
  • edited November 2012
    and has for all the other players on here cheating NO not at all, what I beleive is that SKYPOKER looks after long standing members, and they somehow ( sorry do not know how ) rig it to make sure that they get the better hands etc, like I said I have no proof but it certainly seems that way to me , my mind keeps going back to Absoulte Poker, and them getting caught out for doing the same thing ( I know I was one of the people who got compensated $4500 by that poker site because of what happend ) it was a disgrace and I think this is going the same way but again thats just my feeling nothing more , I am sorry if I have upset you by my post, I just wanted to see how many others have seen the same patten , what really pees me off is that I spoke to about 20 different people about this and they all wanted to say something and so I said that I would just ask the question and they all said they would post replies etc, and guess what ??? NOT ONE OF THEM HAS DONE SO ?? tells you something well it does to me, at least I have the balls to say what I think and not hide behind others 
  • edited November 2012
    and has for all the other players on here cheating NO not at all, what I beleive is that SKYPOKER looks after long standing members, and they somehow ( sorry do not know how ) rig it to make sure that they get the better hands etc, like I said I have no proof but it certainly seems that way to me , my mind keeps going back to Absoulte Poker, and them getting caught out for doing the same thing ( I know I was one of the people who got compensated $4500 by that poker site because of what happend ) it was a disgrace and I think this is going the same way but again thats just my feeling nothing more , I am sorry if I have upset you by my post, I just wanted to see how many others have seen the same patten , what really pees me off is that I spoke to about 20 different people about this and they all wanted to say something and so I said that I would just ask the question and they all said they would post replies etc, and guess what ??? NOT ONE OF THEM HAS DONE SO ?? tells you something well it does to me, at least I have the balls to say what I think and not hide behind others 
    Posted by guardsman1
    this post makes me lol becuase from what your saying having the best hand doesnt matter you just get beat on the turn by some "donky or fish" as you like to call them, what people seem to forget when they question sky about them fixing games, is that not only would this ruin there poker site forever costing them however much money, it would effect every other part of there buisness how many of us would cancel our sky subscriptions, swap internet providers etc.... would they really be willling to risk all that to keep 10 regular high stake poker players happy... i doubt it. USE YOUR HEADS PEOPLE!
  • edited November 2012
    Guardsmen you seem like a sensible chap but I have had this conversation with others on here and I liken it to trying to tell a creationist that the world is older than 5000 years. No matter what facts you give them or reasons why what they believe is crazy, they can not see sense.
    These people may think the same about me So I think we will have to agree to disagree but I wish you luck where ever you go and play.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Number of consecutive bad beats in bounty hunter tournaments : this post makes me lol becuase from what your saying having the best hand doesnt matter you just get beat on the turn by some "donky or fish" as you like to call them, what people seem to forget when they question sky about them fixing games, is that not only would this ruin there poker site forever costing them however much money, it would effect every other part of there buisness how many of us would cancel our sky subscriptions, swap internet providers etc.... would they really be willling to risk all that to keep 10 regular high stake poker players happy... i doubt it. USE YOUR HEADS PEOPLE!
    Posted by RLT16

I suggest that you have a look at Absolute Poker Fella , they where much bigger then this site and look what they did and in the end got found out, I need say no more, However I do agree I was wrong in saying people are donkeys and fish and for that I am sorry, HOWEVER if you disagree that there are a number of donkeys and fish on here then you are mental ( a bit like me I suppose ) , but as a general rule most people are very decent people and players I WILL ADMIT THAT, 

• edited November 2012
    too many words

no idea if the op has justified his position

but when i see comments like its rigged all i can do is lol & rofl & lololol etc
  • edited November 2012
    a. . .  what I beleive is that SKYPOKER looks after long standing members, and they somehow ( sorry do not know how ) rig it to make sure that they get the better hands etc, like I said I have no proof but it certainly seems that way to me , . . .
    Posted by guardsman1
    I thought I'd chip in here as I have with many similar threads in the past.

Guardsman (ex or current?), I think you're making the correct decision in parting company with SkyPoker. If, for whatever reason, you don't think you're getting a fair game then it's a simple case of voting with your feet? Whether the basis of your views are valid or not is largely academic, as I suspect that even if someone could prove beyond all doubt (difficult to achieve I think by the nature of what goes on with the software - hence we have to fall back on statistical analysis, which in itself will always carry a margin of error) it's probable that doubts would still remain in your mind, based on your own playing experiences. So yeah, just find another site to play on, and SkyPoker can say farewell to another customer.

However, to suggest the game is, somehow, "rigged" against you, based on your own relatively small sample size of hands, is unsound. To express doubts, based on the actual results you've experienced, is fine. As I've said in a past post, I think there's a spectrum of doubt with this arguement, with "it must be rigged" at one end and "it's all beyond any question" at the other - in the middle is a wide grey area of doubt, and they exist in peoples' minds as they're unresolved.

On a personal note, I've experienced series (as opposed to isolated incidents) of outcomes from playing on Sky where I've commented that, when viewed as a series (ie probability of the series occuring = AxBxC etc) they were remarkable, and didn't reflect my playing experiences anywhere else. A couple of buns came whizzing across in my direction as a result. Everyone's entitled to their view.

As a result of this, though, do I think the game is "rigged"? No. Do I have (unresolved) doubts, based on the probability of the series of results occuring? Yes - largely due to the fact that Sky, along with all online poker sites I've played on, don't seem to be very transparent when it comes down to the QA element of their operations and the naked stats (the discussion around the robustness of the independent auditing is in another thread somewhere) - so there requires a degree of trust amongst the customer base. Do I still play here? Yes, although only for small insignificant stakes - although I should say I wouldn't consider playing poker as a means of making money, so micro stakes games are sufficient for me.

So we all make our choices based on personal experience. Winning players tend to be at one end of the spectrum of doubt and losing players at the other, and choose to do whatever they do accordingly. Out of interest, would you continue to play here if it could be shown that your results weren't that unusual - bearing in mind the inherrent variance in the game?

Good cards in the future.

• edited November 2012
    i totally agree ive been on ere 5yrs and never seen so many bad beats as ive had lately. i have tried playing many different ways and nothings changed. the odds on kk and aa winning are just not adding up on ere they are way out. and as for going in ahead being 60/40 well that just not happening. i understand about running bad but there is running bad and fantasy and this is total fantasy i have played live poker for 15yrs and you just dont see happen what does on here,i just play low stake now and dont take it to serious as it will do your head in.and as for easy fix comment i to play another site which i play higher stakes on and am doing very well so it cant be my game which is at fault but i very rarely see aa run in to kk. as ive been writing this shoved aa 3200 chips called by a person with 2975  67 of suit flop k69 turn 2 river youve guessed it 7 lol happy gambling al.