You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Question for people who play on other sites

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Are DYMs just as popular on other sites as they are ok Sky? Or do they still have your standard 10 players, 3 get paid type game?

I remember before Sky had DYMs I used to play the normal type of game and enjoyed them, then when DYMs came along they just seemed to engulf all the other STTs. Just wondering if this was the same on other sites.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Yeah they're popular on most sites tbh, most are called double or nothings or fifty50's, you can find 6max ones but most popular are the 10mans, but imo this site has alot of people that play DYM's mainly because of the poor structures of the normal STT's on this site, on most other sites it's different where DYM's aren't as popular as the normal STT's but still have traffic, imo anyway...
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah, I didn't really mean do they have 1 or the other. I knew they would have both. I was just wondering which was more popular whether the dym like on Sky (or what ever they call them) or the standard STT.
  • edited November 2012
    Quite a few sites don't offer DYMs these days due to collusion problems, PokerStars for example.
  • edited November 2012
    50/50s are not a big market, collusion is just so easy and affects peoples bottom lines so much they don't get much traffic.

sngs are still pretty liquid though the higher buyins obviously see a slowdown in how often they run.