You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker robots

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
 Does anyone think that poker robots are in use on this site.
I can play up to four tables at once (as that is all I can fit comfortably on my screen).
Even then I get timed out when concentrating on other tables especially when I hit a flop.
I only play low  ante tables 2p/4p and 5p/5p action tables.
However I noted one player TINTIN who plays upto 12 tables on 2p/4p and never seems to get timed out.
Any idea's on how he does this as the only other thing I can come up with is that there are 2 or three people playing on different computers at the same location
Which brings up the question can I play on more than one computer at the same time as long as I don't try to play on the same tables.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    people have big set ups for poker, 2 screens and stuff. And ALOT of practice lol.
  • edited November 2012
    Tintin posts on this forum. Lots of players can manage to play 10 tables plus.

It just takes practice and a decent playing setup.
  • edited November 2012

Hi Tosca,

There are NO "poker bots" on this site.

LOTS of players play 8, 10, 12, 16, even 20 or more Tables at the same time.

I cannot mention specific individuals, but the chap you named is well known here, & he is definitely "real".

Watch Channel 861 in the near future for a feature we are planning which shows how players Multi-Table.

• edited November 2012
    Once youve been playing for a long time you keep on adding more tables as your decision making gets quicker and quicker. When i could only play 3 tables i thought playing 8 was impossible, then when you get to 8 you think 14 is ridiculous then you get to 14 and you think, 'how was i ever timing out playing 4 tables?'.
  • edited November 2012
    i can confirm i am very much real.

yes i play upto 12 tables but there are many more players playing the same and more.

it all comes down to practice, the more you play the quicker your decisions become allowing you time to play on the other tables you have running. offshoot has nailed it because i remember first trying to run 4 tables and i was all over the place timing outand just couldnt keep up.

a half decent set up will help. i dont have anything great but its a desktop with a 21 inch monitor, this let me run 12 tables in mini view with only minor overlap on the screen and no lag.

good to see the show are for doing a segment on how to multi table.
  • edited November 2012
    as to your other question about playing on 2 computers at a time with one account, im sure its impossible to do altho you would have to get tikay or sky dave to confirm. im sure there would be warning signs flashing in sky towers should someone try it
  • edited November 2012
    I have played against TINTIN many times - He's as real as they come.

If you look through different levels of cash tables and sit and go's, you will see quite a lot of players multi-tabling.

I used to play 3 or 4 DYM tables at a time, but one Saturday when I was at a loose end I decided to see how many tables I could play all at once and managed to get 14 Tables open in "Mini View" and slightly overlapped.

Its quite easy to panic having this many tables open, but after a while certain types of hands in DYM's just become an instant fold, so, you just put a tick in the box "Check/Fold" and move on to the next table. After a while it becomes much easier. I even managed to watch the footy results too :)

There are players on this site that play many many more tables all at once, but you seriously need a great setup with the maximum RAM (Memory) installed and possibly 2 screens to make it much easier and to stop yourself from being timed out.

My advice: Laptops & wireless are a NO NO for multi-tabling stick to a decent desktop pc with maximum RAM.  
  • edited November 2012
    The same TINTIN that hits 3 / 2 outters like it's nothing?? The kid should play lottery
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: poker robots:
    The same TINTIN that hits 3 / 2 outters like it's nothing?? The kid should play lottery
    Posted by JSTFLIPPIN
    if thats what you want to believe then carryon.

i better take this time to apologise for winning 1 hand yesterday when i put the money in behind. unfortunately you were the wronged opponent and my AK should NEVER have beat you KK aipf. i will aim to carry on getting the money in good and taking all the suckouts  against me without having 1 go for me from time to time.

if only you could see my hand history and you will know your statement carries no weight
  • edited November 2012
    Here's something that will make your brain explode...  There is a well known player on Sky (Who most people have met live so know he is real unfortuantly ;) ), who decided he would try and play 40 tables at once!! 

His findings were HE could do 40 tables but the Sky software wasn't fast enough to let him... How about that huh? Faster than a computer...
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: poker robots : if thats what you want to believe then carryon. i better take this time to apologise for winning 1 hand yesterday when i put the money in behind. unfortunately you were the wronged opponent and my AK should NEVER have beat you KK aipf. i will aim to carry on getting the money in good and taking all the suckouts  against me without having 1 go for me from time to time. if only you could see my hand history and you will know your statement carries no weight
    Posted by TINTIN
    It's alright, did see you take a few disgusting beats yourself last night anyway... Was karma when he hit set of 10's against ur queens but river was nice to you, I can never seem to hit my 2 outters don't know how people do it!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: poker robots : if thats what you want to believe then carryon. i better take this time to apologise for winning 1 hand yesterday when i put the money in behind. unfortunately you were the wronged opponent and my AK should NEVER have beat you KK aipf. i will aim to carry on getting the money in good and taking all the suckouts  against me without having 1 go for me from time to time. if only you could see my hand history and you will know your statement carries no weight
    Posted by TINTIN

Don't aplogise for winning a hand. He should be grateful for getting his money in ahead. 

And in any case AK SHOULD win about 30% of the time :)

• edited November 2012
    12 tables

24 tables

30 tables

Sky stops being able to cope when you start trying 30+  you get timed out from posting your BB/SB constantly.

edit I can confirm I am a robot. :-)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: poker robots : Don't aplogise for winning a hand. He should be grateful for getting his money in ahead.  And in any case AK SHOULD win about 30% of the time :)
    Posted by BrownnDog
    my tongue was firmly in cheek when i wrote the post. it may not have come across like that tho. im no good with those txt smiley thingmeajigs, better if they had them on here already
  • edited November 2012
    12 tables http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5402/30493850.jpg 24 tables http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6082/57725492.png 30 tables http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/6489/beaneh30redacted.jpg Sky stops being able to cope when you start trying 30+  you get timed out from posting your BB/SB constantly. edit I can confirm I am a robot. :-)
    Posted by beaneh
    The 30 table shot is hilarious! What's with Mr Bean dotted in random places though? ;) Covering your hole cards so people can't see how often you whiff the flop?
  • edited November 2012
    Sim wanted to use the 30 table pic, but to go in the blog it had to be super redacted no one elses info could be in it, it toooook ages. Obv had to do a funny pic couldn't just use a block of colour, so mr Bean it was.

I R BEANBOT
  • edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    oh god

don't press tile table when 30 tabling using two monitors

• edited November 2012
    rofl, whenever I accidentaly hit the tile table button with more then 4 tables open I like insta quit session. Tilts me so badly.
  • edited November 2012

i have 2 screens.  i play one, my robot plays the other.  last night, i came in and my robot had a friend over and they were playing a screen each.  pfffft!!!

• edited November 2012
    lol beaneh nice posts :D that tile 1 is very annoying :P even if you are used to it. any delay in your thinking and  fooked :P then your trying to catch up with sitting back in :P