You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday's live show - with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***)

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Stand by for the usual mix of tournament and cash Hold'em on channel 861...

We'll start, at 7pm, by following the players in a Satellite for Thursday's main event (the £15k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter).

At 8pm, it's The Poker Clinic. So, please send in your Hand IDs and questions. As usual, we'll be employing our pioneering hand-masking technology.

From 9pm, there's an hour of Speed Cash, followed by this week's Top of the Pots countdown.

Finally, at 11pm, we'll pick up the action in the £15k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the following topic...

Does live poker need the equivalent of the on-line poker 'time bar'?

It's a major talking point on the tournament circuit. Many pros are frustrated about the amount of time some players are taking to make (basic) decisions. Is this a problem you've encountered? Do live events need a 'shot clock' or 'time bank'? Is there a more workable solution?

Plus, we've got five seats in the Mini Primo to give away. A couple of weeks ago, we played 'Carlo Bingo'. Now, it's time for...

Tikay Bingo!

Over the course of the five-hour live show, Mr Kendall will no doubt drift onto the following subjects:

BRICKS

PLANES

TRAINS

MOTORWAYS

BRIDGES

The first time he mentions one of the above, please e-mail the subject heading (e.g. "BRICKS!") to skyopen@bskyb.com and, if you're the first person to e-mail the studio, you'll be declared a Bingo winner, and a Mini Primo seat will be yours!

Comments

• edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    I think a clock/time limit should be introduced to live play yes. Some people take far too long, and sometimes these people are the ones who usually play 20 tables online - it's not like they need an extra 10 minutes to make a decision. Perhaps a fair way to implement this would be for the dealer to give 1 chance to each player to go over a certain period of time, e.g. 10 mins, and then once theyve done this already, if they do it again a clock will be called on them say after 3-5 mins. This stops the same player doing it numerous times which is usually the case. 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show - with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    No bridges?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ha! If we had five Mini Primo seats to give away, this would definitely be the fifth category ;)

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show - with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show - with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***) : Ha! If we had five Mini Primo seats to give away, this would definitely be the fifth category ;)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    You can have five James...    ....although we do slightly worry that this might encourage him to talk about bridges (like he needs any encouragement!)

• edited November 2012

Note to those entering;

I have not asked upstairs, but I'm not 100% sure there will be a Mini-Primo this Sunday, as it is SUPER ROLLER night.

So, if there is NOT a Mini-Primo this Sunday, the prizes will, at the winners choice, EITHER be the Mini-Primo the FOLLOWING Sunday, or this Sunday's Mini Main.

Meanwhile, here's a quiz for you.

What have these two photos gave in common?

• edited November 2012
    Note to those entering; I have not asked upstairs, but I'm not 100% sure there will be a Mini-Primo this Sunday, as it is SUPER ROLLER night. So, if there is NOT a Mini-Primo this Sunday, the prizes will, at the winners choice, EITHER be the Mini-Primo the FOLLOWING Sunday, or this Sunday's Mini Main.   Meanwhile, here's a quiz for you. What have these two photos gave in common?  
    Posted by Tikay10

Neither can be used after 20secs in a food blender???
  • edited November 2012
    The cut out in a brick is called a frog,don't ask me why though .
  • edited November 2012
    Note to those entering; I have not asked upstairs, but I'm not 100% sure there will be a Mini-Primo this Sunday, as it is SUPER ROLLER night. So, if there is NOT a Mini-Primo this Sunday, the prizes will, at the winners choice, EITHER be the Mini-Primo the FOLLOWING Sunday, or this Sunday's Mini Main.   Meanwhile, here's a quiz for you. What have these two photos gave in common?  
    Posted by Tikay10

Both are frogs of course.
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by Tikay10

HOLE. You use one to fill in a hole, and the other you cook to make toad in the hole.
  • edited November 2012
    The cut out in a brick is called a frog,don't ask me why though .
    Posted by -Dino66
    -
    .....is CORRECT.

Next up, we will discuss the difference between pressed, perforated, & common bricks, between Class A & Class B Engineering bricks, why second hand "stocks" are the most expensive bricks to buy, English & Flemish bond, headers & stretchers, & the greatest question of all, how would you describe the purpose of a brick to an unsighted person.

Oh, & tonight's £33 Sky Sports Bounty Hunter, which has a very stiff Guarantee of £15,000, but to which there will be loads of satellites.

Oh, & the fact that the word "brick" even has a meaning in poker.

Can you think of other eveyday words & objects which have now developed a meaning in poker?

Here's one, to get you started.....

• edited November 2012
    if either lands on your head you croak
  • edited November 2012
    it shouldnt be bricks  trains planes and motorways 

should be davina mcall richard branson and 2 more people tikay hate it would be easier to spot him say these names as he would be saying it thru gritted teeth and such anger lol 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show - with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***) : You can have five James...    ....although we do slightly worry that this might encourage him to talk about bridges (like he needs any encouragement!)
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Thank you! I think...?

Anyway, I'll update the OP to reflect this important change.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show - with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***) : .....is CORRECT. Next up, we will discuss the difference between pressed, perforated, & common bricks, between Class A & Class B Engineering bricks, why second hand "stocks" are the most expensive bricks to buy, English & Flemish bond, headers & stretchers, & the greatest question of all, how would you describe the purpose of a brick to an unsighted person.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Why are you wasting this "excellent" material now, and not saving it for the show/competition...?

• edited November 2012
    This should get Tikay excited

• edited November 2012

Hand History #588760173 (22:41 20/11/2012)

The hand is from the £6k OPEN

I had a pair of 9's approaching the bubble.
    I was short stacked but wanted to get more than one opponent involved.
    After the flop I folded because I was frightened by the cards
    What should I have done?
    I eventually cashed in 27th place but had to shove a number of times to achieve the cash.
    Was this an opportunity lost or an inspired fold?

• edited November 2012
    hand id- 589083490

your opinions please, early days in £2.20 BH got bullets could i have milked much more from this hand? as i basically didn`t want opponents to fold after the flop. have a good show
  • edited November 2012
    Hi guys hope you have a good show as always

can you show this hand on the poker clinic for me and see how I played than hand each street also pointing out the good/bad things.
    Hand History #589177398 (03:09 22/11/2012) mastercash table4the player I end up heads up on the river is a well known reg at these tables 20/30nl and played with him quite a lot hes a solid taggy player and I respect his game and how he goes about  the 12+ tables he plays lol.

in this hand though I just can`t figure out a hand that I have beat now on the river. I don`t think he is bluffing in this spot for big pot.  I think he had 99/44 or at worst ax clubs they all beat me but please show tonight I need to know lol.

thanks liamboi11
  • edited November 2012

5k bounty hunter £110 buy in 

is it right move here to shove to isolate 

can u mask hands please i got alot of feedback on this hand 50 per cent saying i should of just called and fold if 1 guy after me goes all in and 50 per cent saying i done the right thing in just going all in to isolate be intresting to hear the thoughts of tikay :)
  • edited November 2012

Have a good show Tikay & James,

Managed to get through to tonights Main £15k BH via the Sats so will also play the Mini as well
  • edited November 2012
    i just got in to the 6pm £33 bh via a sat but i thought it was the 8pm one..does anyone know if i cancel will i get the credit so i can buy in to the 8pm one or do i lose it???
  • edited November 2012

btw what on earth is Tikay Bingo
  • edited November 2012

Nice to see the Father and Son team back on Sky TV.

BRICKS PLANES TRAINS MOTORWAYS AND BRIDGES could be classed as boring but James dont mention American Football  or dodgy Films please otherwise i'll be on TILT for the rest of the night
    Regards
    Nigel
  • edited November 2012
    In the Main event for a 2nd night in a row after winning a satellite.

Played the DS yesterday and finished 50th. 30 got paid. #shy

Hoping for better luck tonight. Bring it on.

Have a great show fellows.
  • edited November 2012
    Can't believe James is missing the "thankgiving 12 hr footie fest"!!!   ;-(((
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Guys loving the show as always.

as you know I'm a low stakes player, but in the last 10 days I've been lucky enough to get through to 2x £5k Bh's 1 Sky Roller, tonight's 15k BH and a £55 BH tourny I have managed to cash in 3 so far for roughly £850 total, which has made a huge difference to me.

all these have been through All in Sats, so as you can imagine I feel they are a great addition to Sky Poker
  • edited November 2012
    just played my first ever all in sat, had no idea what was going on but apparently i won a seat. lovely jubbly 
  • edited November 2012
    brag alert! lol

came in from college today around 4ish was little tired went for power nap and missed the £15k bty hunter sats was gutted saw some allin sats registered for 3 of them dunno why i`ve played about 40 in the past never won the 1st hand but my very 1st allin satellite won a seat boom! lol so de registered from other 2 and bought into mini so think I might win the jackpot lol. just joking

gl all in the bounty hunter.
  • edited November 2012
    This tikay bingo competition doesnt help when your watching on sky plus half hour behind schedule like me lol have to x 30 i think